1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think that is true. They were positive. They need to quarantine for at least 10 days and have at least two negative tests before they can return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Totally fixed and unfair.

Positive Covid results should be treated as injuries.

NFL is proving that it will “fix” games if it has the opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If we didn't have evidence of a member of the Ravens' staff failing to follow the proper protocol, I would dismiss it as exactly that, an unfortunate result of a pandemic, but we do have that evidence. Suggesting something should happen is not the same as suggesting it will happen. You really should try harder to understand the difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    That’s complete crap. It’s like they want them to recover just to have a close competitive game. Other teams didn’t get that luxury

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    if that happened, it would be crap. It would also be in contradiction with the league protocols. Every player who tested positive must quarantine for at least 10 days and have two negative tests. That means Dobbins and Ingram should not be allowed to play. If they are somehow allowed to play, then the Steelers will absolutely have reason to cry foul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Especially considering the Thursday night between the Ravens and Cowboys is definitely not happening on that night. But even if that’s the case they still would be on a shorter week heading into their matchup with the Bills.

Someone mentioned earlier that if they do end up winning a 7th Lombardi that it would be the most satisfying and impressive of all their Super Bowl victories. I have to concur. There’s no shortage of bulletin board material for Tomlin. All of this crap speaks for itself from this week, what went down with the Titans, tons of “pundits” ranking a 10-0 team behind the Chiefs, the list goes on.

All in, us against the world bunker mentality. Let’s go! :herewego!:

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Difference in what? So if a player spread to multiple team members that would just be an unfortunate result even though that player violated protocol? You seem to be hung up on the fact that it was a staff member like they should be held to a higher standard then the multimillionaire players.

8. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Game has been moved to Tuesday, 8:00 NBC. The Ravens really need to forfeit the game to Pittsburgh and get there act together. We don’t need that virus coming our way.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Come on man. You can’t have a game when people are testing positive daily. Have to wait for the outbreak to stop. What’s more unfair to the Steelers then the game being moved is to have to play a team who is infected.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    As long as they cannot play anyone who tested positive, I'm all for it. Bring on Tuesday.

Wait, so what happens to their Thursday game? I think they should have to play it.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, you missed on that as well. You really should try to read things more carefully before you respond. The point is that a member of the Ravens organization screwed up and caused this. It wouldn't matter if it was a player or coach. The bottom line is that it isn't just bad luck with the virus. It is carelessness by a member of the organization.

The other thing you missed is I'm telling you there is a difference between predicting what will happen and predicting what should happen. What you aren't getting is the difference between those two things. Just because it isn't realistic to expect the league to compensate the Steelers doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

12. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Ravens vs Cowboys moved to Monday, December 7th. So barring anything unforeseen the Steelers will have 4 days of practice and rest heading into their matchup with the Redskins with the latter having 9 days of preparation.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The fair thing to do if the game does get pushed back to later in the season is anyone who tested positive as of game time Thursday should not be allowed to play in the make up game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This assumes more Ravens test positive today, which we don't know yet.

15. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Then the entire organization needs to shut down 2 weeks and forfeit the games.
    Stop punishing the rest of the League.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s my point. Until positive test stop rolling in daily then it’s too risky to play the game. They need to have at least a couple days with no new cases. Trust me I’m pissed I wanted to watch the Steelers play on Thanksgiving. Totally ruined my plans, but playing against a team that’s infected with Covid it’s not a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree, but the league won't do that, either. Injuries are also a factor. Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell are both injured. They likely wouldn't have been ready to go Thursday even without COVID. Unless they get hurt again, they would be available for a game later in the season. This is what happened to the Steelers with the game against the Titans. A.J. Brown was injured and would not have played Week 4, but he was back and had a huge game against the Steelers when the contest was rescheduled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no problem with them moving it. I have a big problem with them moving it so far back. What if there are no new positive tests today or tomorrow? Then they could have played Sunday or Monday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The league already announced that if the game against Pittsburgh is played Tuesday, the game against the Cowboys would be pushed back to Monday, Dec. 7.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They can sit those guys out also. You’re right though it will probably never happen. There should be some sort of justice though, but I won’t hold my breath

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s all a mess.

Like I said somewhere else,

A local area highschool football game was stopped at halftime due to test results for the visitors coming in positive.
    Told to come back home immediately.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s true.

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    %$^&*&^%$$ and damn.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Just saw this tweet... WTF? why move the Ravens - Cowboys game to Monday and not ours? This is BS, if the Steelers - Washington game doesn't get pushed from Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The waiting is the hardest part. Can't wait to see our boys and it just keeps getting worse. To add to it they made it a night game:(