1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    At a bare minimum, the Ravens should be stripped of a draft pick and that pick should be awarded to the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    So just to be clear 1 of 2 Strength & Conditioning coaches for Baltimore did the following:

- had symptoms
    - did not tell anyone in the organization
    - did not wear a mask
    - did not wear the monitor in Team facility that would have registered elevated temperature

Baltimore stated that it is “disciplining” this employee, my a$$. First he should be fired, 2nd league needs to make an example of RATBIRDS organization, 3rd Steeler front office should be livid and really applying pressure to the league because if this breakout is going to effect a wide exposure, the game probably isn’t going to be played Sunday either.

Titans did what they wanted, Steeler organization paid, RATBIRDS did what they wanted Steeler organization paid. This is getting real old fast. I understand their is a pandemic but if teams are not going follow the protocol put out by the league then why are we playing at all?

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We got fined heavily for not following protocol. And how many players have we had test positive? How many other teams' schedules were impacted because of our negligence?

They had better lose $ and draft picks.

4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    When does it become a case of the Ravens just having to forfeit?

The Steelers have twice now had their schedule changed to accommodate two other teams that failed in their respective covid protocols.

I bet the first time an offending team is forced to forfeit a game, you’ll start seeing the organizations taking these protocols a lot more seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Should be worth a draft choice?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think you and I get the Philly stations. I am one of the few that was sort of glad it was moved because I HATE night games but our you sure we are screwed??? Eagles play an 8:15 game so that won't hurt us.

7. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    How's that silly song go, "Always look on the bright side of life". I will for a moment. I can't stand night games so a plus for an afternoon game. I just hope the NFL changes some things and it is on the tube in my area.

And if we do have that magic season we are all hoping for the highlight reel can be called against all odds or Steelers rise above covid. It would make the whole season so much sweeter.

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Considering it's not their first "outbreak", yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    The game will be on ch 10 here in the Philly area. It will be a national broadcast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If you are in the US, it’s on NBC nationally.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    NBC has to be pissed, they go from having the best
    Game on Thanksgiving in a prime time slot to having to compete with every other game that's on Sunday... Yea. They will spin it saying this is what's best for the players and league, but they don't actuality believe it ...lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The team can use the few extra days off, they're looking sore out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    8B719E90-BE88-4F2A-A6B7-BCFF44A5B6CF.jpeg

Game needs to be played. We do not care if they bring up their entire practice squad...I mean that’s what we used last year, am I right?

14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    There is no way for a team to play another team and be without risk of getting the virus (IMO). There is no absolute proof that spread was caused by playing anther team that have players who were positive (this is from what I've read so no wanna be MD's opinions needed). So this does not make any sense. How many teams have we played already that had players test positive the very next day or soon after?

15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Now I'm happy!!!!!

16. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Dammit man.. At this point Sunday is most definitely in jeopardy now. Hopefully they get it in and we see a first half like we did against Tennessee. (and a repeat of the first half in the second:smiley1:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Unfortunately all the positives you say the Steelers get so do the Rats. So no, giving the Rats more time to prepare and heal up after getting banged up from last games loss is not a positive of any kind to us.

18. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    What a ****-show. Trash ass organization.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Kirkland

Oct 21, 2020
    100%^

• Like Like x 1
  20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    It sucks because there’s almost no option, other then playing the Ravens’ practice squad on Sunday, that won’t hurt the Steelers. Pittsburgh is essentially screwed because of the Ravens. It’s absolute trash and the organization should be ashamed.

21. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't want a forfeit. I want to see the Steelers stomp them and ruin their season.

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    2...And only 2 options remain now...

1) Ravens play with a severely depleted roster ( this is why they they implemented all those extra players ) for this reason!

2) Forfeit! Plain and simple and seriously...I think number 2 should be the option...

I'm so tired of the Steelers doing the right thing, and getting punished for it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Kirkland

Oct 21, 2020
    I’ll take a forfeit and 3 bye weeks please.

24. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We were going to win tonight. We would win on Sunday. NFL needs to realize that subconsciously, the Ravens really didn't want to play us so they got sick from worry. If they really cared about the health and well-being of the teams, they would do right by the Ravens and just let them forfeit. It's the altruistic thing to do.

We, as conscientious fans, should stand behind the Ravens' overwhelming, subconscious desire to hide behind a big, old rock that manifested itself into illness. We should put aside our differences and support them in their hour of need.

I slow clap in their general direction and accept whole-heartedly their realization that they had/have no chance at victory against us or even at salvaging their season. I support the NFL in fining them $10M and transferring all of their upcoming draft picks to us. Through punishment comes stability and security. It is the loving, caring thing to do. And even though they might not feel it now, the Ravens will surely be thankful for it at some point in the future.

And isn't that what today is all about?

Sack the Ravens. Sack them hard, NFL. Show them just how much you care. We're with you.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I want to see the game be played, but if the Ravens continue to have more positive tests tomorrow and Saturday, it needs to be a forfeit. Our players should not be exposed to their failure to adhere to protocols. The Ravens brought this on themselves. A few cases here and there on a team are unavoidable in the current situation, but when it spreads like wildfire within one organization and there was a documented instance of a symptomatic coach continuing to work - without wearing a mask - it’s evidence of an organization that has willingly failed to adhere to protocols. We’ve had cases, but they have been contained because our team is doing the right thing. There should be strict penalties, including forfeiture Sunday if they can’t field a game day roster of disease-free players.

• Agree Agree x 1