1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple members of Ravens org test positive for Covid

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Nov 23, 2020.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    One of them was Trace McSorley, their 3rd string qb. Most likely the other was a staffer, as it seems to be split between players and staff. You can't hide who goes into the covid protocols.

2. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Waiting on pins and needles :beg:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We beat them and who cares what anyone says.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Where did you read Humphries definitely gave the virus to Vance?

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    My mistake. I thought McSorely was already on it. The third player is Iman Marshall, so McPhee is the only significant player among the three who tested positive Tuesday.

Now it looks like the Ravens might not even fly to Pittsburgh until tomorrow morning.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...anksgiving-amid-covid-19-outbreak-per-report/

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Really feel bad for my oldest sister whose time is winding down. She is so excited about this season and worrying herself sick that it will get screwed. She keeps texting me to find out what the hell is going on.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    It's funny how people make wild assumptions about this thing. I'm no expert either, but people still have immune systems that all react differently to a virus. One person might be directly exposed to someone with it and never get it, and another might be exposed to the same person and get it. Someone else here said that since the running backs have it, Lamar must also have it. That's nonsense.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Something is up, Hodges and Ebron are ticked off on Twitter

9. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
  11. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Wow, that's going to cost somebody some big bucks.

12. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Of course. I expected the NFL to bail them out. Can't expect them to roll with it like we were told teams would have to do. I am really questioning why they bothered with the covid exemptions and expanded rosters when any time a team has more than a couple positives they move the game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    I'll look at bright side that at least we don't have to play on a short week. Maybe better that our 38 year old QB gets more time?

14. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Probably best move, it's not a wise look by the NFL to rush a game when a team has so many positive testes.
    We may not like it, but we don't want a mad rush of covid taking out a lot of players like what the Ravens are dealing with.

15. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    So far as I am aware, no one has gotten it by playing a game. We got screwed by the Titans, which benefitted the Ravens. Now we get screwed by the Ravens, which benefits the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Ravens had more players test positive today, including starting center Matt Skura and defensive end Calais Campbell. I think Campbell was going to be out this week, anyway, but the outbreak on that team is getting bad.

17. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I know it's other teams. But what if it was us and we have 8-9 people maybe 4 or 5 players your without, and have no chance of practice. We be upset in the NFL didn't give us more time.
    It sucks but hey maybe it just motivates the Steelers even more.

18. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    We had players out and our franchise QB couldn't practice all week. We dealt with it and played the game. And your hypothetical would be more reasonable if we ever got benefitted by crap like this. We never do. Whatever. Just stomp those punks.

19. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm with you, but our game was on a Sunday not Thursday.

I think the league buckled because it was bad look on players safety with the short turn around week and with as many cases as they are say they are having.

I hope it just motivates us further. I like the no respect and us against the world mentality.

20. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    All I know is that other teams keep ****ing up and yet we keep getting screwed. They already took our perfect bye and as a result we faced two divisional opponents coming off byes. Now when we are going to have the advantage of a Thursday night game we get screwed again.

21. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Hadn't seen that. Makes the reschedule seem more reasonable. Not that I'm happy about it, but don't want to be playing them when they're still finding more and more cases.
    And since these players are testing positive, not just under the contact protocols, they're won't be back for our game, or, apparently, dallas.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Even worse, some of us might not get to see the game now. The league hasn't announced a time or network yet. NBC should get to keep it and broadcast it nationally, but then Fox and CBS would cry foul. Our team is getting screwed and we may get screwed, too.

23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Where is the contact tracing? If 7 players test positive you would think another 14 players would be out because of contact tracing?

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    The difference here is that they are having people continually test positive in successive days. This means their outbreak is not at all under control. We had 1 guys test positive and a few more were 'close enough to him to be concerned' or whatever they call it so they were held out of practice. Team still practiced and no one else tested positive.

Rats had positives Monday, Tuesday, and now Wednesday which means they still don't know the extent of it. Since they can't know the extent they can't have them intermingling with another team at this point. Sucks, but it is what it is.

And there hasn't been a case of a spread via game that we know of, but that's because they've done fairly good job of keeping potential infectees out of the games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Didn't the 49ers have to play on a Thursday with seemingly half their team out? This would all be less annoying if the NFL weren't just making **** up on the fly. If we knew what the protocols were it would feel a lot less like we are being unfairly screwed.