1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis: “Don’t compare Claypool to me”

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    But Martavis, and many like him...Would rather play the " whoa is me, they're out to get me, EVERYONE does it, picking on me " narrative...Instead of actually, doing what exactly you said...

Owning up to it, and abiding by the rules and regulations that are set forth in your contract!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    You are making assumptions based on my point of view I do not work at a pot farm and I do use drugs myself. I work at a large air separation plant making pharmaceutical grade medical gases. It is not allowed where I work, and no where did I ever say I agree with it in schools.
    The point I was trying to make is that by coming down so hard on drugs for all these years either by laws or rules the end result is punishment that far out ways the crime.

The simple act of making it illegal makes it worth much more money, where there is money there is greed and criminal activity.
    Gangs don't shoot at each other for drugs they are after the money it brings in because it is artificially worth more than it should be only because its illegal.

Look what happened with prohibition same results. The war on drugs is not winnable it never has been. I am only referring to pot although legal drugs like opioids have done more damage in the last 10 years. The difference is the dealer has a PHD and we call them doctors.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I should have never asked and just considered your comment a joke. Not funny, but a joke.

4. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    I don’t really understand the issue with his tweet. He’s right. Claypool is his own man and there’s really no need to compare him to Martavis.

Far as his quip about still being faster than anyone on the team, he’s an athlete with an ego who wants to be back in the league. His issues have hurt himself much more than the team or anyone else so I have no resentment.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It wasn't a joke and it's not funny. It's sad how many people chose to claim some disorder or syndrome than to get off their ass and take responsibility for themselves.

6. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Man, I really thought Bryant would become an all-time Steeler. Physically, he had EVERYTHING needed to become great. It makes me sad to think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    People compare athletes to other athletes all the time, it’s not a big deal. His attitude has always been part of his problem.

Calvin Johnson didn’t have a problem with it and he was actually a great NFL receiver.

8. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Against what was, at the time, the best defense on the planet. It dragged Peyton Manning to a SB victory. And Martavis did that with no AB, no Bell, no Deangelo. The offense was basically him, Heath, Wheaton, Toussaint and Ben Roethlisberger with half a shoulder. He was clearly the primary threat on offense and he still balled out. That game proved to me that he was a great receiver and could be a #1 on a lot of teams in the league. You are 100% right: his talent materialized it just could not be maintained.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Dont forget ad agencies. Seen it on Mad Men. Those b astards drinkin all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. Claypool is a relevant player in the NFL.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We got a numbah58 sighting! Wow.

Good to see you!

12. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey BF, good to see you too! Been a long time.

• Like Like x 1