1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some love for the other QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah .6 yards is such a huge difference Snell hasn't gotten a true shot yet , other than the giants game when he got the ball 19 times he avg 5 ypc. After that game he's only getting the ball 2 -7 times, tough to get into a rhythm when you're hardly used. MT needs to mix it up instead if just leaving Connor out there to do nothing. I'd even give the ball to Derek Watt to lay a beating on the D.

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I can agree, but honestly Conner really has not been given the ball enough to get into a rhythm...again not defending him, but the play calling and lack of O line doing the job makes any runner back there suck.

Also remember he fumbled 2x (lost one) in those early games. 2x in 50 carries will be the reason you do not get those opportunities. Last year in 108 attempts he has 1 fumble, Conner had 4 in '18 on 215 attempts and got skewered. I do believe Snell is best served in playing several series in a row, he is the type of back that seems to get better as the game goes on and wears a D out...but so far the O has not had that type of consistency.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Connor seems to be active on Twitter, so I sent him a message saying to go outside more instead of getting stuffed 9 times out of 10 by going up the middle. Fake going in to get the line moving, then run outside up the line. Think Connor lacks vision hes a north and south runner.

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    your right PWP... You can see Ben actually spending time talking with Dobbs . I think Dobbs has been good for Ben or Matt Canada acquisition has helped him significantly.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought Masons handoffs looked weak, kind of just floated into the RB’s gut. He needs to really drive it in there, make him feel it. He stares right at the RB too, dead give away for the defense. He needs to lure defenders away with his eyes, look at Tomlin, make the defense hit him.

I just don’t think Mason will ever get his techniques down.