1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis: “Don’t compare Claypool to me”

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Claypool should be the one saying don't ever compare me to that guy

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    people forgetting that bryant was a force man. he was an idiot but when he played he dominated a good bit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You can't be serious.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    His " career " was 20 games...He was talented, But way to small of a sample size!

5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    i get that man, but claypool hasn't showed out like martavis YET. martavis had big games in the playoffs and did carve out a little piece of Steelers history being on and being a part of a record setting offense for the franchise. go look at the highlights, it's a shame that talent was wasted

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

And just like his career the tweet is gone

• Like Like x 1
  7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

And he may end up passing all steeler rookies ever for the most tds

8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Most of that generation thinks smoking a joint is the same as us old farts having a beer. Imagine maybe dealing with some depression and being on the cusp of a pro football career only to have it cut short by a league that is 20 years behind in its thinking about pot.
    There is more to his story than him just being an idiot as some amateur psychologist's on here claim.
    Maybe with some forward thinking by the league and some mental health help and he could of been something.

Who on here wouldn't be depressed if they got fired from their job by a random drug test the morning after a party and you showed some alcohol in your system and got canned. You don't think you might be bitter.

His story is tragic in so many ways, and so many more get tossed aside for minor pot convictions or tests and yet the league allows wife beaters and some life long criminals back in, if their good enough.

One was possibly part of a murder but he was an all pro LB and now calls himself reverend, no need to name him but we play his old team on a Thursday night game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He's a waste of talent and I could care less what he has to say about anything. He gave up his right for his opinion to be taken seriously when he toked himself out of the league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not worried about Claypool getting suspended for smoking weed, like that dummy Bryant.

• Like Like x 2
  11. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The NFL is way more lenient than many other jobs for smoking weed. The window for testing is only at a certain time of the year. From, ironically enough, April 20th to early August. All players have to do is not smoke THEN. As long as they don't get a positive test and get in the program they are free to do all the smoking they want the rest of the year. (unless you are dumb enough to post it on social media) If you can't refrain yourself for a few months for a multi-million dollar job I don't feel sorry for you at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Have you seen that interview with Missy Mathews from the stands? Claypool is a huge bodied kid! His neck is enormous!

Bryant couldn't put on weight and keep his speed. This kid has the size and speed

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Martavis, is that you?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    People who smoke smoke, people who drink drink. It becomes part of their life.
    In another ten years it will be legal all through the states, it just always seems a huge price to pay for what should be a minor misdemeanor.
    In Ft. McMurry when it was booming tradesmen were making 150 k and when the companies started drug testing, because thc stays in the fat cells and can be detected for weeks the drug of choice became crack. By them changing the rules, regular guys who might like to get high in their off time like you or I might like a cold beer became crack addicts. Sometimes the punishment doesn't fit the crime .

Now if they started testing brokers and traders on wall street who make money off other peoples money and shovel coke up their nose like its going out of style. Well I could agree with that lol.

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Feeling he has a mental issue is not worth talking about without a professional diagnosis backing it up. I get what your saying but this board has sufficient MD's already on many issues. Just might be he is that dumb.

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Let me re-phrase that. 90% of the purported cases are a simple result of lack of discipline leading to an attention grab. The real cases are real.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    All I know is that every job that I've had, including the military, has zero tolerance for drugs. You may work at a pot farm or head shop but most of those i know can't do what you think is behind the times and keep their jobs. Try working in airlines, truckers, fork lift drivers, just about every job that doesn't pay millions of dollars to play a game. Sounds like you don't mind it being in schools since "smokers smoke". Then after this gets normalized in your world, what next that we should we get up on the times about? Opioids? Pill poppers pill pop, right?

18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Whether or not it's legal (I won't get into the politics of that) isn't the point. Even if legal, it could still be against league rules. Want to play? You have to follow the rules. It doesn't matter what you or I think the rules SHOULD be. Only what they are.

MB wasted a potentially HOF career because he just couldn't walk the straight and narrow. Shame.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I can just see Martavis sitting on his couch packing another bowl for his overused bong saying How Dare They!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I agree about the double standard but here is the bottom line.

If I were talented enough to make countless millions, and be a superstar, and my employer said I couldn't wear a blue shirt..........I wouldn't wear a blue shirt.

It's far deeper than a libation of choice; it's disrespect for authority, it's ignorance of those around you, it's plain and simply being a spoiled little brat who lacks the mental make-up or backbone to make good decisions.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    I've read spankings lead to stimulation. That article had lots of pictures.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019

hmmm if I had a 'job' that I worked my whole life for, that would pay myself and take care of my family almost forever, then I would make DAMN sure I didn't drink. Poor choice.

Pot was against the rules. Just like drinking and driving. Tons of people still do it but if you're caught (and god forbid worse) you are going to suffer consequences.

• Like Like x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Outside of the movies, do stockbrokers really do that? Doubtful. Most businesses don't allow you to come to work drunk/high. Don't like the rules? Find another profession. Or, get stoned to the bejeesus belt in the OFF season!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    amazing we're spending this much time talking about a guy that couldn't stick with two teams and threw his career away over weed. Claypool will never have those problems and already is a force.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If MB mad at the NFL and he can still play and he truely believes he is that good then go to Canada or Europe and break every record they have ..