1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good, Bad, and Ugly vs Bengals

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bob in Canada, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Good: Ben, Entire Defense, Ray Ray

Bad: Pass defense miscommunications, run game

ugly: Joe Hadens Hairdo (WTH was he thinking, was he drunk???)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Good: Ben, defense and of course the win

bad: run game, bengals kicking a fg at the end lol

ugly: @HeinzMustard weekly predictions haha

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Good: Passing game, finally connected on a deep pass, scoring D, Ray-Ray

Bad: Run game. Ugh.

Ugly: the condition of the field was horrible

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Should've thrown Snell in for some runs , Connor was getting tackled by the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Good: Ben, Sp Teams, JuJu taking on 2 or 3 defenders to fight for that extra yardage,did not make the 1st, but what heart and toughness that kid shows. D

Bad: Running game, but especially NOT working on it when you had the opportunity. (Just a useless rant). Game in hand, 3rd and 1, Watt in, Ben behind center and instead of just pounding the ball you almost throw a pick 6. WTF

Ugly: I know you are excited when you get the TO, but every member of the D running into the endzone for a photoopp is going to cost 15 sooner or later...knock the stupid crap off and get your photo opp after you win the SB (personal rant..just hate that crap). :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Good. Big Ben.

Bad. Run game.

Ugly. Not much.

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He got that Mapletron hair cut.

HACK

8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I think I mentioned that in the game thread (the 'gals fg). I thought he just wanted to get Burrow out of the game as he was limping. Then he puts him back in for the last 2 mins (low rick as they only handed off). IDK, Vilma said he had to learn how to lose, but how many players have torn an ACL without being hit this year. I know the kid got through it, but damn protect your future.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea I think the running into the end zone taking pics after making a play on defense is the dumbest celebration. But these are athletes and we all know how cringy they are

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I commented on it possibly drawing a flag last season. I don't know if it ever did/has or not because this season every team I've seen does it and the officials don't seem to mind. They may be letting it slide due to empty/near empty stadiums, if that makes sense. It usually looks like at least a delay of game penalty to me.

11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I know the league and refs have given greater latitude for these celebrations (especially after TD's), but honestly I have been looking for a flag after some of these antics. I know the emotions are flowing, I do not know if you saw TJ's last sack, he was doing his bit then realized he had to run back to not get called off side, lol. I can understand a personal 'move' like that, but the team thing after an Int of fumble is pushing it IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Special Teams as a whole was a real bright spot today. Great in coverage, Boswell was perfect on a very windy day and Jordan Berry has been damn good since rejoining the team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    It’s called enjoying the game you bust your ass for & they celebrate together it’s respecting the hustle . This team has good energy Together it’s when they stop doing that you should be concerned

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ya defenders get caught being offsides from will celebrating many times. Just make the play show some excitement after but get the hell back for the next play

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't have had much faith in the run on that third down, but the play they called was an unnecessary risk.

16. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Good - 9-0

Bad - Only winning by 26

Ugly - Bengals

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Steelers did it last season when they were down a score or two, more than once. That's why I made my original comment back then.
    The league spent years making up rules and reasons why celebrating wasn't okay. Now it's okay. Kinda strange (imo).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They won’t get flagged because it’s not illegal now. New rules allow it, all the defenses do it.

Just not allowed to taunt.

19. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Good: Ben spreading the ball around, the Defense another solid game , Special teams all round punting , kicking and returns.

Bad: Total lack of a running game and not even giving Snell a few carries to change it up.

Ugly : Silly celebrations by the entire defense, its getting old fast. Also not a fan of the head butt celebration either.

20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It`s been such a wonderful day for us, I don`t want to complain. We were good enough and things continue to go our way.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Good:
    Ben finds a way when we need it.
    Ray-Ray is under-rated!
    Tomlin barking at an official! Or maybe he was just practicing some animated cliche`s
    Ju Ju continues to play tough!

Bad:
    Ben's accuracy downfield.
    We have no running game.

Ugly:
    We have no running game.
    We are still occasionally blowing coverage and allowing a wide open deep receiver.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Is it just me or is he covering up the ball far more when he makes a catch now? I think those fumbles last year have been a point of focus for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Good - A convincing win!!!!

Bad - Can't run even against teams with a poor rushing defense.

Ugly - Jonathan Vilma calling a game, OMG!!!! There was a moment when the Bengals made a play and he said, " the defense bit on the play action." The problem was they were in an empty set formation and it continued on from there. Listening to him makes me appreciate Tony Romo even more. Sorry for the rant but he was really bad and this wasn't the first time he was bad calling a game.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Winner winner!

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The emotions have flowed for every person who has ever played football. The NFL is turning football into celebrity entertainment. TJ is one of my favorite Steelers but when his personal celebration becomes more important than the team situation he is in, it ruins the great play.......IMHO