1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Yesterday's bazaar ending?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Was anyone else surprised by the way they just glossed over Haywards injury at the very end?

If memory serves me, wasn't there a play run with Hayward laying on the ground 40 yards behind the line of scrimmage?

Romo said they would put time back on the clock and so did Steratore.

Nance said....rather questioningly...."looks like they're not going to do anything?"

And then they just never said another word about?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    That is a major gripe that I do agree with Gene Staratore about. There should have been 18 seconds remaining in the game at that point. Why was there only 8 seconds is beyond me personally.

For me, I believe the issue was Cameron's injury. Due to that, the clock has to keep running in that sequence as that counts as a sequence within the two minutes of the game. Not only that, Pittsburgh having to burn its final Injury Timeout likely played a big factor in that as well for that served as a way for the refs to say the clock was stopped..... due to circumstance.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    What is the position with regard to him being off-sides?....or too many men on the field?

I just found it odd that nothing was said by anyone?

And at the end of the game Harbaugh looked at someone and pointed to his head as if to say "use your head" and Romo said "I think I know what that was about but I'm not saying anything?"

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    See I don't get the big deal about it. Ravens get the 1st down, the clock doesn't stop, weather Cam is hurt or not, you still have to spike the ball (c, and had he not been hurt, it would be 2nd and 10 with about 8 seconds left anyhow. Snead was marked down at 18 seconds, and it literally took them 10 seconds to get up and spike it.

Being that the Steelers had one time out and it's under two minutes that Timeout gets used, so it basically is a moot point and it saved the Ravens a down, not that with 8 seconds left that it mattered either way.

It's not like Heyward laying on the ground caused the Ravens to rush to the line in snapping the ball, in any less time, how does that gain you any more time, vs if the wasn't hurt, and why would time be added back on.

The only way would be for an on the field official to see Heyward hurt, blow the whistle at that point, and it would use the Steelers time out, with the mad rush to the line, I don't think any official saw this, at least quickly. That would of saved the Ravens time in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Harbaugh was whining after the game about the helmet to helmet hit with Minkah and Snead the last play of the game and putting more time back on the clock like it was the two main reasons the Ravens lost. No the reasons you lost is your “MVP” QB threw 2 terrible interceptions, fumbled twice and got stopped on 3rd and 4th down with two minutes left. Those are the reasons the Ravens lost the Steelers made the necessary key plays at the end of the game and the Ravens didn’t plain and simple.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm not assuming that it helped or hurt either team, I'm just curious why it wasn't addressed?
    1. The play that was run with him laying there should not have been run.
    2. He was off-sides technically.
    3. If someone came in for him then we had 12 men on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Minka clearly had the advantage. He attempted to intercept the ball well before the contact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's not football season if Harbaugh isn't whining!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Bazaar....bizarre? One's fun. The other....strange?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Fitzpatrick played the ball, not the man, had he played the man, he probably gets flagged. But, if you can't watch that replay and see that he goes for the ball, you have rose colored glasses on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Minkah never hit the receiver’ s helmet. Hopefully Harbaugh will see that on film and issue an apology for being wrong. After all, John is the more congenial Harbaugh, right?

12. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I don’t understand your point. No play was run with Heyward on the ground. The Ravens ran up to the line after the Snead catch ready to spike the ball. Before the Ravens could spike the ball, the play was whistled dead because Heyward was injured. Heyward was injured on the long catch by Snead. The Ravens lost no time or advantage

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That never happened. It was between plays that Cam was lying on the ground.

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sitting back enjoying the win I made a list of QB's that IMO would have beat us in the same situation that Jackson found himself in at end of game. And the list had a lot of QB's on it. My fear of Lamar has gone down considerately. After last year I figured we were done. Didn't count on Ben coming back. Thought Lamar was going to be da man in AFC North for long time.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If Minkah doesn't make that play at the end, Lamar does beat the Steelers. Although he did force the throw and he had at least one better option. He did put them in that position with tools that a lot of other QB's don't have. He isn't the complete package right now though. Hopefully it stays that way...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Everyone.....

Again....

• Like Like x 1
  17. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    A timeout was called by the steelers. Otherwise we would have been hit with a delay of game and time would have been put back on the clock.

18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This. Steelers called timeout before refs reset the ball ready for the next play. At least that’s my understanding of what happened.

19. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    True, but the bar wasn't set very high to begin with.

20. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I honestly think that Joe Burrow is a better QB right now than LeMar Jackson. So, he went from being the best last year to third this year in the AFC East. Fourth if Mayfield ever gets his head out of his behind.

21. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    There's that and the fact that you can't flag Minkah for targeting when he's going for the ball, either. That's why Johnny Boy was pointing to his head; he wanted a PF called. Both Harbaugh's are major league wankers.

22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was wondering if Cam got up and started moving down the field, then went down. They never showed a replay. I was just happy they didn’t give the rats anymore time.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    If Jackson didn't play with an exceptional defense, he wouldn't be given a second thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You have the nerve to call somebody dumb, you don't even know the difference between bizarre and bazaar :facepalm::facepalm::roflmao:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You've never been to a bazaar?