1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok Steeler haters (fans?)...what now do you have? Bring your negativity here.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dreamman0, Nov 1, 2020.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My problem is with the OC and DC,,Neither had back up plans so neither could adjust until half time,,,Now I read they basically played school yard ball in the 2nd. half.We have a guy in the booth watching how the D is playing we have a OC on the sideline whos job is to call plays and yet the QB is calling the plays ? it was Dobb's who told Ben to throw the double move to Washington a game or so back . my problem with that is what wth is the eye in the sky and the OC doing?

Do we not have a playbook for the no huddle ? Do we not have a designed route tree that matches the spot the WR lines up? Do we not have plans to get our speedy WR off of press coverage ?

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That was a sh!t show yesterday. Ravens running game destroyed the D. The offense did it's usual hibernation in the 1st half. I can't believe the Steelers won... awful performance. The football gods have smiled upon the Steelers. Sooner or later the luck is going to run out.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Any team that is 7-0 requires a bit of luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Our run D must improve. This is a glaring weakness that will come back to bite the Steelers. Steelers can defend Henry of the Titans... but can't defend Ravens RB by committee. WTH?

5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    That 7-5 team didn't give up 270 yards rushing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well duh the Ravens are the most difficult running game to defend in the league, they have to worry about the QB and RB running.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I just don't see it enough to be bothered by it, I never have.
    I also don't see Romo being boring. He reveals what play is going to be run when he sees the formation at about 95% accuracy. He's one of the most knowledgeable guys calling games right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I admit he does have a good understanding of the game. I hated Collinsworth in the beginning but grew to appreciate his commentary although he is slipping lately at that as well. Perhaps I'll give Romo more leeway but still think he would be better at announcing the PGA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I struggle with liking Romo. I want to hate every word that comes out of his mouth...because he's Romo.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Also our coaching has been doing great. They are shutting down 1 facet each game. It’s working and we are winning.

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

He kills me with, "What I would do..." What he would do is throw a pick 6.

• Like Like x 1
  12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Love Romo. Who knew that a good QB would be Great in the booth?
    Dandy Don?

Now, in regard to the topic and being a bad guy I’ll play although it’s tough with the buzz I’m still feeling beating the Rats. If we are so blessed We simply cannot have offensive droughts for entire halves going into post season. I’m looking in my crystal ball and I see Mahomes/Kelce/Bell and Brady/Gronk/Antonio Brown looming on the horizon.

Fire away!

13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Great start to the season but we have work to do.

14. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Its almost like the Ravens had extra time to prepare for our match up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Here is some negativity. I fear every damn game. Nerves on edge, etc. etc. Now I fear what could be an epic Steeler season could become all screwed up by a little tiny jag off virus. Bright side, we could be first team to win a Super Bowl in say March or April.

Strange times indeed. Golfers love the Masters. My favorite event by far on the tour. Just not right that I'll be watching it in November. I assume it's still warm down there but the flowers and plants sure the hell won't be blooming.

16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Romo is a good announcer. He was overrated as hell at QB. I know some Cowboy fans who believe Romo was a better QB than Aikman. :facepalm:

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Romo would show brilliance on one play, and foolishness on the next. Very inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Romo talks too much but at least he shuts up Steeler hater Nantz. I bet Tony is still talking when nobody is there to listen.

19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe game plan? Focused on containing Jackson first?

Everyone freaked out in the Giants game about how they passed on us. But our focus was stopping Barkley. Mission accomplished.

Yeah, we got gashed bad. Some of that was our D being worn out. Some of it seemingly poor play at times. But some of it may be defensive priority. And they were fresh on a wet field. They had the advantage. I'm not worried yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Lol I’m certainly not mad at you. I for one would miss it if you weren’t here. It’s become routine now: you feel pessimistic about the team’s chances, Glenn posts the :facepalm:, everybody gets a laugh. It’s a part of the board now. Like a guy walking into Cheers saying “evening, everybody” and everyone yelling, “Norm!”

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Losing Alualu mid-game killed us. He’s been playing at a pro bowl level this season. Looked to me like the OLBs were tasked with containing Jackson and they were counting on the DL and ILBs handle the straight dive plays.

Once Alualu left they gashed us on the dives, so then the OLBs tried to help against the standard runs and Jackson got loose. Once they got it sorted out at halftime it all looked much better.

They stopped them for the most part in the second half. It was Edmunds biting on a couple pump fakes that cost them on defense in the second half.

• Like Like x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Buggs did make a great play on LJ. Need to get Heyward and Alualu healed up in time for the better teams remaining on the schedule...Colts, Bills and Ravens.

23. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Tomlin is still not a very good coach, regardless of the 7-0 record. I don't go around this board posting about it all the time, especially when we're 7-0, but you asked for it, so I'm giving you my opinions.

The LB's in coverage still scare me.

The DB's look slow, and DPI is a problem.

Other teams might try to copy the zone run that the Ravens killed us with.

I didn't care for the couple of give up plays on 3rd & 10, where we just handed it off instead of trying for the 1st down with a HOF QB and great WR's.

There's always room for improvement, and this is a message board meant for discussion, not an echo chamber, there are enough of those on the internet.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The two rushing attacks are in no way similar. The Ravens used a ton of zone blocking schemes, mis-direction, and option reads vs the Steelers yesterday. The Titans did no such thing.

Alualu going out early was HUGE! Frankly, I was surprised to see Buggs getting some love on the board, because I personally thought he got his ass kicked for most of the game. (He did rebound and play a little better in the 2nd half)

The Ravens are very good at what they do. They built an offense around what Lamar does best, and it can be very hard to stop because it is not something teams see week in and week out. It is successful because it is unique. Alualu's absence made things a lot worse than what it would have been IMO. The Steelers gave up some plays in the 2nd half, but they also did a much better job of reading plays and not biting on option runs. I am more convinced than ever that the Steelers sweep this series in 2020. Take away the 250 rushing yards and you have a quarterback who should have had 4 picks.

I get that pessimism is kind of your deal. But this is a bad look even for you. You are running around from thread to thread saying the Steelers were "lucky", and bitching because Harbaugh didn't do more to help the Ravens win. Like I said, even for you, it's a bad look.

25. Hearts / Steelers

Hearts / Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Problem is we need to treat every game as if it's against one of the "better" teams. Least, that's how it seems to me.