1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens’ Marlon Humphrey tests positive for Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 2, 2020.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Damn... hopefully, the impact is minimal.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I can't see this being good for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This is going to suck! What happened to the good old days when all the players ever tested positive for was STD's?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Expect the Steelers to start announcing positives soon, unless they got super lucky

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Stephon Gilmore had it a few weeks ago, he tested positive the day after they played the chiefs iirc. I don’t think it caused a major issue in either camp.

hopefully we get lucky

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
  7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Great, that's all they need.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm knocking on wood but the Steelers have done an extremely good job avoiding the Covid-19. I give praise to Tomlin in that regard, he told them back in training camp, one wrong move and you can derail the season not just for the team but for the league.

Hopefully it doesn't spread on to the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    and Steroids.

10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If they're announcing the positive test now he was contagious yesterday, we will have players with it. He had 6 tackles and was probably face to face with most of our WR's in coverage.

I think the problem is it typically takes 5-7 days to present symptoms or a positive test. So no practice this week? Or expose most of the team in practice?

11. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Gotta figure our WRs could be done

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think the protocol is to shut the Steelers down too, so they'll get a few extra days off this week provided they don't have any positive tests.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    One of the reasons Sunday's victory was so satisfying was that the Steelers didn't lose anything to the Titans' failures with COVID. Pittsburgh was at a disadvantage with Baltimore coming off a bye, but the Steelers overcame it.

Now the Steelers might get screwed again. They are certainly at risk now. The part that really bothers me is that Humphrey missed practice Wednesday last week with an unspecified illness, so I'm wondering if the Ravens screwed up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    we'll see what happens.. thus far, i don't believe there's been transmission among opposing teams when someone has tested positive the next day. gilmore of the patriots is a prime example because he is a CB too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Still stinks that Marlon got it and I feel for him. Great player and person. I wish him all the best.

16. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I was just going to go back and look at the injury reports, because I recalled someone missing with an illness and thought it may have been Humphrey. You just saved me some time. Man, I hope this doesn't *&%#@ us up.

17. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Im sure Humphrey just like everyone else that has gotten Corona so far in the NFL this season will recover and be fine. Nobody has gotten really sick from it that has had it in the NFL and more importantly nobody has come close to dying from it. I’m sure if someone did you would hear about it ASAP.

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Marlon Humphrey was on the injury report for an illness throughout much of last week as well. Interesting though that it was COVID 19 and not something else. As I said though, I feel for him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    its fishy and i dont like .

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Let’s see what happens before the sky is falling

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Vikings also had no positives after playing the Titans.

• Like Like x 1
  22. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    this really bothers me. sounds like he was ill last wednesday. teams have to assume it's covid when someone gets sick. he should have been quarenteened last week and should not have played. this is selfish and the team should be fined and strip of draft picks. he put his team and the steelers at risk.

23. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Still not sure why the Titans were not able to play the game in week 3, but my guess is that if too many players are affected at one particular position (i.e. entire offensive line) it might be cause to cancel and reschedule the game. I don't recall the Titans having an entire position affected (maybe 1 or 2 at a particular position) but it was believed the expanded practice squad roster was supposed to compensate for that.

With Marlon covering, and at minimum touching every receiver if this means all the receivers are infected then the league would need to consider cancelling. Another bye week is unlikely but if it turns out to be bad bad then the league may have to consider an additional bye week for all the teams. The Steelers wouldn't mind another bye week for sure so it could end up being a blessing in disguise. It's really difficult to go 13 weeks in a row undefeated. You have to assume there's going to be injuries that will catch up with them eventually.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  24. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016

Just bc we tested negative after the game doesn't mean anything in relation to the Marlon Humphrey disclosure.

None of the players would show a positive less than 1 day after playing against Ravens.

The test later in the week after the incubation period possibility, would tell more if any of our players got it from being around Marlon Sunday.

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That is not me stating everything will be okay right away. Burt Lauren is simply doing his due diligence as the Steelers PR Director. Nothing more, nothing less.

We will know for certain if there is any players on the Injury Report come Tuesday that show up as an illness. Marlon did follow JuJu quite a bit. I would not be shocked if JuJu is on the report by then.

• Disagree Disagree x 1