1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 1, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He didn't have big numbers, but some tough physical catches over the middle in the second half. Washington and Diontae were no shows today, so glad to see JuJu stepped up. I noticed JuJu made sure he was holding that ball tight after he caught it, after he fumbled after a catch against Baltimore last season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    I thought he looked a little bit likes Hines today. Love JuJu!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That one play where he was fighting for yardage, I was thinking this is where he usually fumbles.

Glad he was holding onto that thing for dear life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He played well today.

5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He made his mind this game, that he was not going to fumble like last year. He played like a beast after catching today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm very happy with how JuJu has played this year. He hasn't put up big numbers, but he has been clutch. I hate that we're headed towards a numbers game where we probably won't be able to keep him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Love how this kid fights and plays smart!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, like I've been saying all year, I still love JuJu. And he's had a great attitude even when he didn't put up big numbers, and has been a team player, unlike AB in the same situations.

He is almost the polar opposite of AB when it comes to putting the team first and worrying about stats:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/24/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-nfl-2020/

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    He played very tough yesterday definitely Hines like

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I really love the way he's playing this year. Tough, physical, and reliable.

He may not be posting huge numbers but he always seems to make a catch, and get a first down, when we need it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Still boo boo. Claypool is that guy

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    JuJu was clutch yesterday. Good thing, they needed him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Claypool has the boo boos lately. He won't be that guy until Ben trusts him more than JuJu, the guy getting what needs to be done done.

14. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I mentioned to my son yesterday that it looks like Juju found the weight room over the break because he seemed so much stronger. Like other posters said, more like Hines Ward. My son follows Juju on social media and said that in fact, Juju did workout hard in the off season and emphasized getting stronger. Gotta love and appreciate when a player commits to his craft and puts the work in to better themselves. Certainly showed today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Claypool has the potential and talent to be a number 1 pro bowl reciever. Boo boo not that guy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I follow him as well. He trained like a maniac all off season. He was working with some celebrity trainer, can’t for the life of me think of his name but he really put in the work.

James Conner also worked his ass off all off season and it’s paying off for him. I’m so happy for him

• Like Like x 1
  17. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Amazing play by Juju. He seems to give our offense a jump when it’s so badly needed. Has anyone else noticed his focus on ball security since last season? Even at the cost of more yardage. Never seen a player so focused on it so it tells you how badly the turnover hurt him. Some players can’t seem to focus on it during play. Applauding him!

Without Juju we drop the last two. He’s become “that receiver” that gives the comeback spark that other teams hate. Belicheck / Brady have won championships with them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    JuJu is the Steelers #1 receiver until some other fella steps up & takes that title from him. No one here is eating cake for #1 probowl receivers unless he is a Steeler. We get that JuJu gets your panties bunched up but this is his appreciation thread. Appreciate what he brings to your team here & start a JuJu makes me wet myself thread to belittle him. Your boy AB could still be here manning the #1 spot but he took his tiara & played "jesus christ superstar who in the hell do you think you are" instead. :goofy: