1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens Line

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Opened up at Baltimore -3.5

Going to be a tough game

2. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben and the offense need to play a complete game this time

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I initially read the lines opened up at -5.5 via Oddshark. Keep in mind Baltimore has beaten Pittsburgh three times against the spread. Never mind the lines though, Baltimore is coming off of its bye week.

That will be huge heading into the game.

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not gamble, but the Steelers/Titans line moves a lot during the week. A lot of bets places on the Titans so the odds makers had to compensate, not sure what the final line was..did the Titans cover?

Tough game coming up for sure, but love it. Going back to the days of pure smash and slaughter with our most hated rival.

5. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Let me ask you this here. I missed the first couple of series in the 2nd half yesterday as I had to go out. Am I wrong that the Steelers almost (or did) totally abandon the motion O they used in the first half. I know Titans made adjustments, but its almost like they put every thing into the short pass, pretty much abandoned the run. Like turtle at the start of the 3rd. Maybe I just was not watching close enough, but it seemed that win was nearly given away by abandoning the O that got you there and reverting to very conservative play calling.

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Did the Steelers abandon the motion in the second half?! Not up until mid Third Quarter they did. As you said, the Titans did adjust to it and played that accordingly. For that matter, much of the success of the motions were those WR Sweeps; Claypool namely. I would imagine Pittsburgh wanted to use those more but Tennessee was simply not going to allow that to happen.

Given the fact that the motion was not working, Pittsburgh then relied on Big Bens arm. Not that doing so is a bad thing but Big Ben did not take what the Defense was giving him. That was one of the major reasons why the Titans were able to stage a comeback. Thankfully though, it was not enough.

7. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Looks like the adjusted well (Titans), and hey they were not undefeated because they suck. I think the key is what you said, Ben did not take what they gave him.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Tennessee is one heck of a Football team. That said though, we did win and that is the most important aspect. Now though, onto Baltimore.

All hands on deck for that one!!! :herewego:

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I know Baltimore has won the last three meetings however we did not have Ben for the last two so that stat is meaningless. Most of the success under Lamar has not been against a full strength Steeler Team. I don’t know if the Steelers win this week but expect a close typical physical game. I will also call it now Baltimore will not come into Pittsburgh and win later next month so the Ravens better win this week.

10. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Steelers lead the series 28-24, 3-1 in post season. I do not know how home field has affected the series. I do recall some routs on both sides, but many games has come down to a TD or less, and that regardless of record...just a great nasty rivalry.

11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Nothing to really back this up with other than a feeling, but I really don't feel that LJ is going to end up in, and be successful in, a shootout with Ben. And I think there's going to be scoring, just not a lot by the ratbirds. All things being equal, our offense is better than theirs. Theirs is more dynamic and flashy. Ours is more downhill. And we all know who's got the better defense. It's going to take 18 points to win the game. If we play a full game and eliminate the mistakes and poor decisions, we score 31+. If we are sloppy, it's a close game that could go either way. 21-17.

12. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Ravens up to -4. Money coming in on Baltimore hard. I assume people are thinking this is a must win game at home for them. They are probably right.

13. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Up to 4.5 money is pouring in on Bmore

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I wouldn’t touch this game from a betting standpoint.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You don't like free money?

;+)

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bye week is a big advantage, 2 weeks to prepare, rested, Steelers due for a let down.

Talent wise I think we edge them, but the circumstances concern me. Other thing that concerns me is Baltimore is going to spread them out and try and expose not having Bush. Hollywood will likely have a big play TD this Sunday. If Jackson can hit him.

Still think Steelers win a low scoring game but not as confident as I was to start the week.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nor am I. Heck, even with Devin Bush, this game was going to be tough enough. Without him, it is going to be even more difficult. Best way to win is to gain a lead. Should that happen, keep up the pressure on him.

That is going to be difficult though as Baltimore is the only team in the NFL that has the Corners to matchup with Pittsburgh Receiving Corps. Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters and Jimmy Smith could all start as number one Corners for many teams. Their biggest weakness might be Smith though as he is 32 years of age. While it is true he is having an incredible season, someone like Diontae Johnson could give him some issues..l

Some say Peters but that ultimately depends on who he is guarding. That said, given Peter's tendencies to clue on routes to make plays, look for Big Bens signature Pump Fake in the game. Even if he gets him once, that should be enough for whomever his target is.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, Claypool may come up with a big score or two with Peters taking chances. :beg:

• Like Like x 3
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That would be great. I think the down the field stuff is going to be the key to us winning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I walked around my job last night saying " Taking all bets" i got a couple of people to participate , nothing big 40$ total.. Seems most of people there think Steelers will win

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm still very confident we win this game. I agree that Brown probably scores but that will be their only td imo. The Steelers should be able to take everything else away from Baltimore. If we lose it will be Bad day Ben or J. Tucker kicking like 5 fgs. I think Ben shows up & the sputtering Raven offense can't compete.

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ravens destroy bad teams, they have their hands full with a good defense. Suggs scared me & they are green in the lb department. Ben should be able to outfox their dline imo.

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This game is tempting me to bet again. Glad I deleted the app. Only reason I'd bet the Ravens is because of that damn extra week of rest. Steelers will lose this season but I don't think anyone will kick their ass from start to finish. IMO with 5 minutes left this is going to have fans on both sides sweating balls.