1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Oct 27, 2020.

1. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Crap Gilbert is out... Can't see Hilton playing either. Time for Allen to get some reps at ILB?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Dangerfield Wormly and UG3 all out.

Have to think both D Watt and Hilton are long shots since they were still only limited today.

The depth is certainly being tested especially at ILB and on special teams.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting that DJ’s injury wasn’t listed as ankle, that toe injury is really lingering. Wonder if it’s turf toe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Was wondering the same thing. He even talked about playing through it, but didn't mention turf toe specifically. Sucks because his value is in his quickness and ability to cut. Turf toe would limit both. Why couldn't he have gotten turf finger? He's got bad hands already.

5. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe ILB Ray Wilborn gets elevated from the PR? He could at least fill a void on special teams, you would think.

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    How is it dreamland? Teams that are out of contention often trade away guys they are about to lose in free agency to claw back some value. You see it all the time. Ravens and Pats are masters of these kinds of trades, Ravens got Marcus Peters mid last season for a fifth for example.

I clearly was not talking about trading for a prime starter from another contender.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/30/mark-ingram-listed-as-doubtful-for-sunday/

"It looks like the Ravens will be without running back Mark Ingram for Sunday’s game against the Steelers.

Ingram hurt his ankle in Week 6 and the two weeks between games have not been enough time for him to get back into the lineup. He did not practice at all this week and is not expected to play this weekend after being tagged as doubtful on the team’s final injury report of the week.

Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins will handle the work at running back without Ingram in the lineup.

Defensive back Anthony Levine (abdomen) and cornerback Jimmy Smith (Achilles) are listed as questionable after getting in limited practices on Friday."

If I were Edwards or Dobbins, I would get some rest. They're going to need it.

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Not debating that these trades happen, and I never said you were talking about a prime starter. But the names being bantered about are not someone with Marcus Peters resume. Can they find a quality starter, perhaps, but what I suggested they are more likely to find a player in Vanette/Wormley mold. Could make a contribution, or just be a wasted draft pick traded away. We had no 5th in 2020 (traded for Vanette), with our 4th's we got Mcfarland and Dotson...right now I do not see anyone that could provide a temporary fix for the value and potential those 2 guys can give in the future.

I know it's all in this year, and a trade may make a difference. Or we may end up with just more deadwood picked up from the scrap heap of a lousy team.

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I get what you mean, yeah it should be the right guy of course and anybody you try to trade with will try to squeeze you knowing you are in win now mode. That said, Bush out for season, UG3 missing now as well. It’s a worry, and it would be a pity to let this opportunity slip for fear of overpaying a little for insurance at an important position.

I don’t have expert knowledge of the other 31 rosters in the league and who is in a contract year or whatever so I’m not going to suggest a name. The Steelers have pro scouts whose job it is to look at these things among others. I’d be more comfortable if they added more depth is all I’m saying. There has to be somebody out there that fits the scheme and can help out from now until the end of the season.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t think Avery Williams from the Jets would take a lot. Would be a good pickup, IMO.

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I didn't know we had so many pitchers with all the elbow injuries. Too many 12 oz. curls?

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I haven't seen Dobbins body of work this year but Edwards has been a tough competitor when its Steelers/Ravens.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not complaining but have no idea why the Ravens aren’t rolling with Dobbins. Haven’t seen a lot of his work either but saw a clip the other day of his and he looked like Bo Jackson from Tecmo Bowl the way he hit second gear and just sped up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Kind of interesting. I just googled available practice squad ILB's for the heck of it and an article came up about the Rams in dire straights with that position as well. The article brought up 3 names they should try and poach, won't go into that as those names mean nothing to me, but did bring about a different perspective. With so little depth on the team and apparently not much available, making a trade may well be the thing to do.

15. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    practice video from today I think, shows him running fine, but in his press conference he mentioned having to get treatment so I am thinking its a lingering issue with either a sprain, because you can sprain toes, I know because I had a toe sprain, or something like turf toe, where 'treatment" wild be needed on a consistent week in and week out, but he ran fine in the pracrtice video, like no problems

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The SNR guys were saying that the lack of preseason has made it so coaches might not have a lot of confidence in rookie running backs pass protecting and blitz pick up. So this could be an issue on Sunday trying to confuse Dobbins and force Jackson laterally. Hoge said if he gets moving north thats bad for the Steelers but if you can get him moving left and right more times than not its a negative play.

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They might need Marcus Allen, Sean Davis, and bring up ILB Elliott from the practice squad.

18. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    someone mentioned Wilborn at ILB

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I would think Elliot would get first shot, he was here last year, Wilborn has only been on the PS for two weeks.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1