1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    An overpaid one. Like to see him settle with the Steelers closer to what he brings to the table.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2020-10-27_15-57-30.gif

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would like to see him stay, but it won't fit under the cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Most likely scenario

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would imagine Terrell Edmunds will have the task to deal with Mark Andrews. He has dealt with him quite well since his Rookie Season actually. That said, Terrell has gotten exponentially better in pass coverage since his Rookie Season. Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson has not been sharp hitting deep ball passes; only hitting roughly 28% of them over 20 yards or more.

Definitely will be an interesting chess match for certain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Pouncey's problem wasn't just failing to make difficult blocks. He was bouncing too many shotgun snaps and he was failing to make even easy blocks. That isn't on the offensive coordinator.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You can't envision low snaps because he was having to get into positions he isn't used to?

You can't envision missing blocks because he was having to get into positions he isn't used to?

The offense looked bad in almost every aspect of the game last year and the common denominator is Ben being out which puts the offense in Futchner's hands. If Futchner were a good OC, the offense would have sputtered in the ways an offense always sputters when you go from an elite QB to an untested novice QB, not in every aspect of the 11 men on the field.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Every offensive player except the newbs had to make adjustments for Mason. They had to adjust to a defense designed to rattle a qb because Ben couldn't make them pay. They had to adjust to a different ball speed, angle, timing of the throw. They had to adjust to the statue in the pocket. Fitchner might have taken things too far or not just give a hoot.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I could envision those things if I was desperate to dump blame for 2019 on Fichtner the way you seem to be.

The Steelers did not have a viable quarterback in 2019. They had also just lost Antonio Brown. Those were far bigger issues than the offensive coordinator, who is running a diverse and successful offense this season and did the same in 2018.

I don't think Fichtner is anything great, but it is silly to blame him for an offensive lineman not playing well last season. The Steelers have always asked Pouncey to make tough blocks. He used to make them quite often. That is what made him one of the best in the game for a long time. Roethlisberger's return has lifted this entire offense. Given how loyal Pouncey is to his quarterback, it's not a huge stretch to suggest he has been rejuvenated by the return of Roethlisberger and the subsequent improvement on offense.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

How did the jerky turn out?

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The jerky turned out good! I got to drinkin beer and BSing and left it in the smoker a hair too long but it's good!