1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The New England Patriots lol

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 26, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Belichick's ego got the best of him in letting Brady go, now look at the Patriots are a mess, sitting at 2-4 about to miss the playoffs. That Cam Newton signing isn't looking too good right now, and Brady could be headed to another Super Bowl oops.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    So Brady is really the GOAT

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    ummm he went to another loaded team

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Look at patriots this year and bucs last year though...

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

its Cam Newton what did u expect was gona happen?? Newton spends more time planning the outfit he is gona wear, than he does for football

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not just Cam, their players on offense aren't any good.

7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Poor old Bill. The wheels are coming off. Pretty easy to detail the hell out of every other aspect of the game when you don't have to worry about the offense.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A terrible QB will sink any team, no matter how loaded.

As for the Belichek vs Brady debate, if I was starting a franchise and I could take either in their prime, I'd take Belichek.
    Brady is on a pretty damn good team. Evans and Godwin are top tier WR's in the league. Gronk is well past his prime, but he's still Gronk. There's also 2 very capable RB's there. On top of that, he's getting AB in there too. That's a ridiculously loaded team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Not to mention a good defense. I don’t like this man lol

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    BB in Cleveland, Seifert in Carolina, Flores in Seattle ...... gotta have the players no matter how well you coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I will enjoy the Patriots having a losing season, and missing the playoffs :hehehe:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    That Pats offence is stinking the place up. Their skill players are awful and their QB is wildly inconsistent. When you couple the bad recruiting overall and with the Covid19 opt outs it’s a bad roster, pure and simple.

I think this season is more an indictment of Bill as GM than anything else. Their recent drafts have not added much quality to the team. They were always able to paper over the bad drafts with cheap free agents that wanted to come to NE to win a ring with Brady. You can forget that as a strategy going forward.

Look are recent drafts, Nkeal Harry, Sony Michel, much much better players at the same positions still on the board when they took them. Who is responsible for that?

Re Brady I think it does show he carried them in recent years. He has gone to a loaded team as it’s starting to work. If the Bucs win the SuperBowl I think that ends any debate in relation to who the best player ever is / was. There is simply no way to make a case for anybody other than Brady. It will make me physically ill if it happens but you have to give credit where it is due.

It sucks that this is the first year in forever that the Steelers are not down to play the Pats. The Steelers would crush them right now, albeit it would not be nearly as satisfying with Brady gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    its funny as hell really. Patriots fans have been watching more bucs games over the past few weeks than patriots games. Can’t get over their girlfriend walking out on them. They have no shame.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    73bc9022f908d8d3eb50423d1ebf7260--steelers-stuff-steelers-football.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Would that be the 3rd place Patriots? 2020 might not be so bad after all.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Not to mention another team they always suck off that is terrible too lol.

Oh yeah and Steelers are 7-0

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Don't forget Brady sabotaged Belicheck by running to the owner and crying when Beli signaled he was going to cut Brady in the offseason Brady got Kraft to trade away Belicheck's heir apparent (Garappolo) and a serviceable backup in Brissett.

19. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Interesting read on the Athletic this week about the Pats. Mike Sando compares the Patriots drafts since 2000 against the other top teams in the league purely from the POV of number of Pro Bowlers / All Pros drafted. While it is a crude yardstick it does not make good reading for the Pats nonetheless, they are right down near the bottom. He also mentions how they might struggle to attract the value free agents they did in the past with Brady gone.

I think the biggest issue there is that it is simply not possible to be the GM and HC at once effectively. Belichick is an elite coach and I have no doubt he will get things in order eventually but he really needs to look at how the evaluate players. Taking Harry in 2019 when Debo Samuel, AJ Brown and DK Metcalf were on the board was criminal.

For anybody interested the Saints came out on top in Sando’s column, followed by the Packers, Steelers and a few other teams. I think the Steelers have drafted quite well over the past ten years. Some misses of course, like every other team.

• Agree Agree x 1