1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriot fans

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steel machine, Oct 25, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I thinking they are saying, "damn time goes fast."

Must say I do enjoy seeing them being a lower level team. That run was way too long.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    watching the game now, never have I seen Bill look so pissed, lmao.

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Cam was never going to be the answer.
    I was interested to see what the evil genius could do with him, but Cam is what he is, a great rusher, and an extremely inconsistent passer with a terrible attitude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Saw some of Belichick's post game presser. He was pretty forthright in his criticism of his team, basically saying they stunk in all areas and the scoreboard said as much. Makes me happy in a twisted kind of way.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow, love when they get blown out! I bet you he's still pissed he didn't get his way with Brady and Garoppolo.

6. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    ..are looking for the hole they came out of in 2001.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    So very true.

I live in New England- though not in Massachusetts. I worked in the sports licensed products business in the early 1990's- during the Dick McPherson/Rod Rust era. Here in Vermont, sales of Patriots merchandise were mediocre at best. The Giants, Raiders, Cowboys, and the Steelers all sold far more- I think the "local" Patriots were at best the 9th or 10th in NFL team sales, maybe worse some years. I also know that in the Boston area they were a solid fourth behind the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics. You could not literally give Patriots tickets away around 1991 or so.

Then of course when they got to be good in 2001 all their fans came out of the woodwork. I remain extremely skeptical of any Patriots fans round here who are between the ages 30 and 50, because I suspect they were supporting other teams back then.

Despite what they say now, Boston is still not a football town first, and if the Patriots slump, so will their support.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Dusty so eloquently telling band wagon Pats fans: dusty.gif

Attached Files:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was out on Cape Cod last year in the middle of the season. I saw a total of one person wearing a Patriots shirt. Heck, there were twice as many people wearing Steeler shirts :smiley1:

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It won’t matter if Tampa beats the Steelers in the Big Game.

Patriots = automatic Tampa fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not only did Pats fans come out of the woodwork, they defected from other teams (at least those who weren’t die hard football fans). I lived and worked in the Foxborough area for years in the early 2000’s, and there were plenty of former fans of other teams who sprouted local roots all of a sudden. One guy where I worked even came up to me and said “I used to be a Steelers fan until the Pats got good.” I was fired for violence in the workplace about an hour later... I jest of course, but I sure as hell tried to give him grief after we beat the Seahawks in XL. It failed though because instead of taking it hard the way the rest of the Pats fans did, he was excited and said he was cheering for the Steelers. Frickin double turncoat :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

More like Pats fans = Tom Brady fans.