1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A Tale of Two Halves in one Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jamie, Oct 25, 2020.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    First a great win, 6-0 is hard in this league and I am pleased. Second Coaches love these games because they are teaching moments, put the tape on Monday and beat the hell out of them, shouldn’t need to do this with a Veteran team though. 2nd half ensures this Team does not go into Baltimore next week cocky.

1st Half - Major props to Coach Tomlin, he had this Team ready to play and they fired on all cylinders. I would say the best half of football I have seen the Steelers play in a long time, complete effort all phases. My only issue was last sequence before halftime, why not throw short, spike the ball and take a FG shot?

2nd Half - I thought Defense played well the whole game, Minkah’s effort was less than stellar but overall very pleased, reason we won the game. Shout out to MICKEY SPILLANE AKA MIKE HAMMER on one of the best hits Henry will take all year, hope he is Ok. Ben I love you but you must know situational football cannot throw last ball to Juju, take the FG.

Very happy for Spillane, Ray Ray, DJ and Juju all had big games. Go STEELERS beat RATBIRDS.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The offense couldn't stay on the field the 2nd half. The defense played a lot and surely were getting tired, and it almost cost the Steelers the game.

Glad for the win, though. I'll take it. On to Baltimore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You have to give the Titans defense some credit, their coverage seemed to be tighter in the second half.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    3 points in the 2nd half is unacceptable. But I will take the lucky win

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tannehill getting 'the comeback' figured out. He looks dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    lmao..and dying to know..Did you last till the end?

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Until halftime for inquiring minds

• Like Like x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This seems to be how the Titans have won games this season. Start slow and then comeback and win. Only this time the Steelers did enough to hold the lead. Titans pass coverage was tight in the second half. I thought we got away from the run a little bit, which didn't help. Either way, a solid effort by the Steelers. They had some bad bounces that helped make the game closer than it needed to be. They built a huge lead, and then held on for the win. Thats what good teams do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    All i know is im $35.00 richer after this game:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ben Homer here but you can’t have an entire half like that. Atrocious!
    Zero Offense, bad judgement, passes that kept getting lower and lower and thrown into coverage not away from it. What s it about a lead your mind can’t handle? One of those people that’s always at their best under extreme pressure. Said it before, although it’s been a while, we live and die by him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The wall of text haha. Steelwinds too lol

I do appreciate your knowledge though AQL

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I appreciate members like them actually. The better the commentary, the better the discussion. The more we have on the board, the better!

No need to make it into a competition.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    I knew once they jumped out 24-7 that there would be a let down. These are frustrating games to watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Titans had more progressions on their plays ...They had a runnig set they kept calling different plays and with different wrinkles by the time they got to the 4th. quarter our D really had no answer.. On Offense our Team failed to keep attacking with a lead like that we need to get in running formations with Ben under Center and run and use PA...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I feel like 90% of NFL games all play out like this. It is a frustrating, manipulated set up in a lot of ways. Doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I like you too.

19. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Exactly correct. And the last throw was the worst. Too many defenders, we didn’t need a touchdown and Ebron was open underneath. Wide open

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Winning the game is a letdown? :shrug:

21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben going back to stupid Ben , throwing into coverage again.

22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Great teams get big leads and keep it. Wish we can take the next step as we need to keep the foot on the gas for 4 qtrs (Eagles/Titans for example)

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Other teams get paid too, they make adjustments also you aren't going to keep a good team down for 4 quarters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Looked to me Ben was getting tired as the game went. He even admitted he felt like it was more plays then they actually did. Hence he throws getting lower and lower as the game went on. Ben go back to work on your footwork like you did a couple of games ago. But he had a great first half, one of his best ever.

25. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Titans had some major ball luck on Sunday, we should have had two INT's on defense. If the Steelers went conservative people would be complaining that we didn't keep our foot on the gas. Ben's last int was a qb throwing to a WR! being covered by a LB. Most qb's take that chance and JUJU usually makes that play. I at least think it was good to see them try and put a dagger than lose through being conservative.