1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chance to put strangle hold on the division in Baltimore next week.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 25, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    If the Steelers can find a way to win in Baltimore next week and improve to 7-0 and drop the Ravens to 5-2 with the head to head tiebreaker and another home game still remaining with the Ravens the odds of the Ravens winning the division still after this would be very very slim. There are just not a lot of losses remaining on this Steelers schedule if you look at it from top to bottom and if they can go up 2 games on the Ravens in the standings somehow with the head to head tiebreaker in hand I just don’t see the Ravens being able to make up that difference. So one game at a time of course but a win next week puts the Steelers in great position to win the division.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ravens will be coming off a bye week. I think it’s a big ask to go there and win.

That said, they are not as good as they were last year and are beatable. This is the toughest game left on the regular season schedule. If they can win it they will be odds on for the division title without a doubt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think teams tend to play below average coming off a bye week. Maybe somebody can find that stat.

4. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Let’s hope so. A win there next week would be amazing.

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    2 division games isn’t a stranglehold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Theres gotta be some resentment for their AFCN dominance the last few years. It's the Steelers after all. I like next week's game more than I liked the Titans game. 7-0 is rare though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Under Tomlin the Steelers are 10-4 after a bye week. IDK the last 2 years, but between 2002 and 2016 (or 17) the Ravens were 12-3 after their bye week. This according to a 2017 article in the Baltimore Sun

8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Especially with 4 division games to play. Should we beat Cincy 2x, yes, but they are not a cake walk. Burrows is for real and they are having fun as a young team. The longer the season goes that fun starts to wear off with losses, but they are playing tough. Would love to get a division sweep, 6-0, but that is really asking a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    That`s not good news for us. Ratbirds have to be above average then after a bye.

10. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Can't play second half like we did today against Ravens.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Same basic philosophy on defense as this week and last. Stop the run and make Jackson beat you with the pass. If he does, good for him but, he is not even on par with Mayfield as a passer. He does bring the unique ability to make you pay with his legs and Baltimore relies on it heavily. Spy him and take it away and they are in big trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    According to the article at that time they were in a 3 way tie for best record during that period.

13. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Most Steeler fans I've talked to, and I'll admit I'm in this category also, have conceded the division to Baltimore even at 6-0. I'll be thinking a little differently if we can find a way to go 7-0.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not me. We have an excellent chance to take the division this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    This is the game, where we see, if Bush will be missed with his speed. Our run defense is starting to look like the D from 2000's.

16. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    There is almost a mythology around how good Baltimore is right now. They are not brushing teams aside like they did last year, their run game has regressed. Eagles could have beaten them last week. They are there for the taking.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think we lose next week, but win the rematch later in the season and take the division.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Run game has regressed, Lamar has regressed. I was more worried about the Titans than I am the Ravens.

Ravens are good but I think Steelers will beat them next week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Steeler dane

Steeler dane Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Yep

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Advantage Ravens. Bush would be perfect in this game because of his speed.

21. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Would not take this game for granted at all but it seems that Baltimore enjoy a reputation that they simply have not earned this season.

They are beatable. Baltimore may raise it next week for a big division game but on evidence to date in 2020 the Steelers do not need to fear Baltimore. The biggest thing going in their favour is that they will be coming off a bye while Pittsburgh are coming off an almighty battle with a very good opponent.

22. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    It is when you are 2 games up and playing your toughest opponent who is challenging for the division title. Going up 2 full games on the Ravens in this division and having already beat them at home with a game still left to play at Heinz Field on Thanksgiving night would be extremely hard for the Ravens to overcome and make up.

23. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    The Chiefs scored at will at times in their Monday night win over the Ravens about a month ago. This Steelers offense is really good and they will score points against this Ravens defense. If Ben and this Steelers offense plays like it did in the first half today and the Steelers don’t let Lamar Jackson run wild and make him beat them with his arm the Steelers will win this game in Baltimore next Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  24. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Steelers will not be favored next week ok but this Defense travels anywhere and Mason and Duck aren’t at QB. If any team can go on the road and win it is this team. 40 thousand foot view - Steelers D > Ravens D, Steelers O = Ravens O, Steelers STs < Baltimore STs. I like our chances.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I hope the Steelers if they win the coin toss do exactly what they did yesterday and take the ball and go down the field and score the first possession and immediately put pressure on Lamar Jackson and this Ravens offense and make them play from behind. We have seen Jackson struggle a great deal when the Ravens fall behind and he has to throw the ball to play catch up. I think that will be key again for this game this week is jump on the Ravens early and make them play catch up. It usually does not work out well for the Ravens when this happens.