1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Remaining schedule

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Oct 18, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The 2020 version of the Cowboys are terrible, no OL and no defense, Zeke isn't that good anymore either.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Just the kind of team the Tomlin-led Steelers can lose to... if history is any indication. Until this year, Steelers have always played down to their competition. We are fortunate... the O (Giants and Browns 1st quarter) and D (Eagles 3rd quarter)have only taken a quarter off here and there and not enough to crap a game down the toilet.

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If this team is for real this year, it is going to have to break the cycle and win the games it's supposed to win. That means splitting with the Ravens and either losing to the Titans or Bills. Barring injury, this team should be no worse than 14-2 to wrap up the season. Again, that is if they've really changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Blah blah blah, not happening this year :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That Bills game isn't looking as tough as it did earlier in the season, it's still a possible loss though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    For once we actually have a well rounded team. Good offense, great defense(for the most part) and decent special teams.

hmm what can go wrong... lol

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  7. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    diggin this team for sure. ben not having to force it to clowns always demanding the ball, and causing turnovers. juju does deserve a lil more action. not just bc he on my fantasy team ;) eager to see how the D response to the loss of bush. no better tasteful opportunity against the titans.
    lets goo 15-1 last game we rest everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I agree with that especially if they want to get the number 1 seed and have homefield over the Chiefs in January. The Chiefs probably have at least one more loss in them maybe 2 but that’s it. They will finish no worse then 13-3 so if your the Steelers that gives you no wiggle room what so ever to lose games such as the Cowboys game on the road , either Bengals game home or away, at the Jaguars, Washington at home, the Colts at home or even the other Browns game in Cleveland to end the season. You gotta win all of those games pretty much, and like Glory said split with the Ravens at the very least which I will be shocked if they don’t, and maybe drop one of those road games at Tenn this week or at Buffalo in December. Anything less then a 13-3 finish looking at the Steelers remaining schedule I feel would be a huge disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Indy will not be an easy W either will @ Cleveland

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Nobody is saying they will be but they are still two games the Steelers looking how good this team is this season should win. The Steelers have no business losing to the Colts and Phillip Rivers who can’t move at all in late December in the cold at Heinz Field, and while the Browns will definitely play the Steelers a lot more tougher at home then last week it’s still a game all things being equal that the Steelers should win.

11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers do have business losing to anyone. They are really not better than any team by a large margin. Variables are not equal in football. So many variables in play from week to week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think time will show that Indie is not a contender. Philip Rivers is the most overrated player in the entire NFL.

The Browns are still hugely overrated as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think Rivers success against the Steelers has come in San Diego and the Steelers never play well on the West Coast.

A loss to the Cowboys would be a monumental klusterfuk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I think the loss of Bush is way bigger than people are making it out to be. Before this week, I would have said 13-3 is actually fairly likely... but I'm going going to say 11-5.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We have no business losing to the cowboys led by dalton and we should split vs ravens and Titans. No way we sweep ravens. 14-2 would be our ceiling with 11-5 our low end.

this is all dependent on how bad the loss of bush is

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hmmmmm........ I wonder what we would do if we were 14-0 or 15-0 and locked up the first round bye?? How many of us would want to go for the perfect season?? How many would want to rest the starters and forget about the perfect season??

As for me, rest the starters. I'd much rather have a few loses and hoist the SB trophy. I have zero love for Patriot fans but that 18-1 season had to hurt so damn bad.:hehehe:

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Perfect season. Dolphins shouldn't be allowed as a football logo, should have grabbed Sharks or something.

Edit: perfect season doesn't come with a SB loss automatically. If your implying one or the other, SB for the win.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    To rest or not to rest, that is the question. Can any of us say that resting starters is the best thing to do? My opinion is that unless you're nursing an injury that demands a week off, you don't rest.

19. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    sorry scratch that.
    rudolf takes the 2nd team and beats out the browns in the final!!

20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That feel like you are setting the bar ridiculously high just so you can have a better shot of saying they didn't meet it later. The Ravens are a better team, especially with some of the injuries the Steelers are dealing with right now. The loss of Bush makes them especially vulnerable to a quarterback who is a great threat to run. Bush had been the best option to shadow Jackson.

When I think of games they should win, I think of teams that are clearly inferior to the Steelers. I don't think you can say that about the Ravens, Titans, or Bills. The Steelers could win every game they should and still lose three of those. After that, all teams have inconsistencies, so maybe the drop one to a decent-but-lesser opponent like the Colts or Jaguars. I don't think it would be fair to say 12-4 is a disappointment, which seems to be where you were angling with your post.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is my question. I wonder if some of us are underestimating just how bad a hit that is going to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    I just wish Tomlin wouldn`t do that! Light the fire! Make it a thing! Their cheating messed with our season! I would LOVE to see another opening drive pick 6 just to set the tone. Better yet if it is Spillane who gets it! I like it when we play angry ball.

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Steelers underestimated the Cowboys and lost that game. It happens every damn year since 2009.

This 5-0 start has people delusional.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Nah no way... I mean that would be sad lol

25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    16-0 LOL

I’d say we have about a 10% chance of winning at Tennessee and at Baltimore back to back.