1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Covid possibility

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by xcodizzlex, Oct 16, 2020.

1. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Colts are showing some positives... their last opponent... the Browns... Hopefully there aren't any late positives on the Browns that can leak over onto our team... this virus is so ridiculous with the incubation period and how long it can be dormant than explode... Curious if this can have any implications on our game this week, for precautions sake...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope to hell our next game isn't postponed as well. I've missed part of the last 2 games we've played, plus the early bye. I feel like I haven't seen them play this year.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It lines up well with OBJ/ODB being sent home as a precaution. But since we've not heard anything else, signs are pointing towards a game being played as scheduled. The Browns would have been tested once, at the very least, since playing the Colts. And they will be tested likely on Friday as well. At this point, I'd almost be testing teams daily.

And also, remember that the Vikings played the Tennessee Infectans and caught nothing from them.

I'd be very surprised if a cluster appears and derails Sunday's game.

5. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    New NFL policy is every one gets tested every day. even during a bye week players have to go to the team facility to be tested

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    As it should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ticker on espn showed the colts tests as false positives.

• Like Like x 3
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    That test is inaccurate as hell

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe it was an IQ test and all the browns were sent home.:shrug::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Why? If it was an IQ test, they’d all test negative.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

As it should have been. Why this is a brand new concept for the NFL whereas the NBA, NHL, and MLB had these in place, MONTHS before the NFL Season, is something I truly do not have the foggiest.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    But...that would imply they didn't have a PLAN. They must have had a plan, right? They must have thought about the multitude of situation (singular, for those who need it spelled out) that could arise and prepared for all of the one thing that could derail the season. And then, they would obviously have employed an abundance of precautions to see that those situation could be avoided outside of the most extreme cases. I'm sure they were ready. Right?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Wait... are you saying they didn’t have a plan? I don’t remember you saying anything like that before.

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

The NFL may have had a plan but it changes on an hourly basis just like all the State Governors. Nobody has a grip on this while the numbers reflect complete inaccuracies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    No, that doesn't sound like me at all. ;)

16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Every team, as well as every person in the world faces the possibility of testing positive..of course some more than others. That said, this may be he dumbest post ever...and I have posted some things that in retrospect could be considered in the dumbest post ever collection...so that makes me an expert, :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    its covered up and under the rug

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    in the words of Mike Tyson “everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face”! NFL has caught a couple of right hooks....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd like to see Mike Tyson give a right hook to Rodger Gooddell.:blackeye:

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh Jeezuz H. Not this sh!t again.

• Like Like x 2
  21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey xcodizzlex.

Again, as I posted before, if the dumb-butts at NFL Central (Goofdell and Company) had a pre-season, probability would have had it that Covid-19 issues would have surfaced at some point during the pre-season. Therefore, maybe some different moves could have been made before the regular season started.

However, noooooooooo! What the morons at NFL Central did in their infamous wisdom was just kick the can down the road. Thinking they were protecting everyone from the Covid-19 by not playing those four preseason games. All this did was put off the inevitable. The first Covid-19 issues surfaced three weeks into the regular season with the Titans. So, chances are (probability) Covid-19 issues would have surfaced around the same time frame in the pre-season. No guarantee of course but probability would have dictated yes.

Again, if Covid-19 issues surfaced in the pre-season, and again given probability, they would have, then Goofdell and Company could have made some moves before the regular season started. Maybe delayed the regular season opening by a month or so. That would not have been too bad. Start around early October. No big deal. Dumb-butts!

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid