1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 14, 2020.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Remember what our top tier defense had supporting them on offense last season

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    2010 season was the last time they were in a Super Bowl. A loss unfortunately. Ben didn't play a flawless game. And then Mendenhall :facepalm:

So if Ben is the main cog why the drought? Don't get me wrong, Ben is a great QB and plays a huge part in their success and i'm glad he is our QB, but, it takes a lot more to get to the promised land then just Ben.

Ben has been playing so far this season like the franchise player he is and this offense is just starting to click. He seems refreshed so maybe the injury made him refocus and look at his legacy.

It's the defense that concerns me and they are going to have to play much better to see a Super Bowl run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Pretty sure Dan Marino proved the same thing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    To be honest I was not a fan of Ben's off field activities in his early years. Was a huge fan of him under center. When drafted I knew we would finally get one for the thumb. Look at the other 3 QB's in our division, young and good. WE WILL MISS BEN WHEN GONE!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    What a damn waste that the great Don Shula couldn't build a SB winning team around him. I think he only went to one SB and lost. Steelers draft him and we have 8 rings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Then why the hell do you have a big fat Ben as your avatar?? Bring back the cat:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

In Ben's first super bowl the playoffs leading to that game was all Ben, but didn't play so well in the super bowl. The Arizona super bowl was all Ben. The Dallas super bowl Ben was just okay and outplayed by Rodgers. But in all three super bowls without Ben we don't get there or win without him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rodgers plays for the cowboys? Haha

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I said the same thing. The big-eyed cat was a good luck charm for the Steelers. Browns are gonna whoop us since BBH is sporting the Fat Ben avatar.

10. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben's accuracy has been pretty great so far, on that big slant conversion Ben had to Claypool against Slay Jr... the ball hit him right in the number... it was a perfect throw. His deep ball has been off but they also aren't getting picked... his decision making has been wonderful this year because he isn't being forced to throw to a single wr. The wrs also havent been having bad drops and havent had to make too many extreme combat catches

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Ben is trying to be more of a leader after that AB fallout, during the stretching he goes and shakes his teammates hand.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah I`m grateful we still have a franchise QB who at least opens the door to a possible championship. I`m grateful he did not call it quits too early on in his career. It will be a sad time after he retires and we wander the wastes looking for the next franchise QB that gives us another era to compete for a Super Bowl..

13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    This post reminded me that there are Steeler fans that want the team to do well, but will never forgive Ben for some impulsive situations he put himself in years ago. Most of the Yinzers I know turned Ernie Holmes into a folk hero after his run in with the law, but some have nothing good to say about Ben. I was angered and disappointed with him as well. However, I believe in second chances. I think Ben has taken full advantage of his second chance both as a player and as a man.

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    St

Yea should of said when they played the Packers in the Dallas stadium , and I was even there. lol

15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And I love that

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He blew his second chance as well since there were two incidents he was involved with. How may chances now? A third chance? As a football player, I am glad he plays for the Steelers but I'll be just as happy when its time for him to retire.

17. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    With Chuck, yes. With Bill, maybe. With Tomlin, he would be running RPO's or some crap.

Tomlin reminds me of my HS basketball coach. Our center, Stan Daly, was about 6'6" and could jump out of the building. He wasn't right in the head and messing around one time he tried to jump and reach through the rim and pull the net up through, inside out. He almost caught his arm inside the rim on the way down. Would have either torn down the rim or torn his arm off if he had been just a second slower. I remember coach yelling at him, "DALY, YOU'RE NOT A SHOT BLOCKER!! BOX OUT AND GET THE REBOUND OR FIND A RIDE HOME!!" We didn't win a lot of games.

18. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I think it's true for any QB that they need at least a competent defense to win a SB. Ben can only win so many 38-36 games. He can't throw 5TDs and 500 yards every game. As for this year, I think his decision making has been excellent. He's missing on his long balls because he's over throwing them. That's a positive sign being that's he's coming back from elbow surgery and his arm seems stronger post surgery vs pre surgery.

I hope Ben can play for another 10 years. If his arm holds up, just have him line up in the shotgun when he's 45 and fire the ball within 2.5 seconds so he doesn't take any hits. I'd rather have him throw 3-5 yard passes than stink up the joint with Duck or the Raindeer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    In the Bigger Than Ben series, JuJu and Switzer both said he was throwing harder to them than at any point in the past. That was very encouraging.

And it would stand to reason that he's missing those deep balls if his arm is more live than in recent past. He's going to have to relearn his arm strength and get more comfortable with it. The accuracy will come.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Good to see, but I'm pretty sure he's done that since his rookie year.

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Voluptuous Ben will win it for this game just watch lol

• Like Like x 2
  22. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    We sure as hell could do a lot worse than Tomlin. Just ask the Browns.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe he has I don't remember seeing it before this season.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah this is definitely not a new thing for Ben.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Its simple logic. If you have convinced yourself that Tomlin is the only reason the Steelers ever do anything good, then there is no room for credit to go to anyone else.

But only a roonatic would do that:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2