1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pass D

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    What the hell is going on with this coverage unit this year?? Besides the long run by Sanders the run D has been excellent but man this pass D is getting shredded even by no name WRs. Is it lack of pressure or did this group get old and slow in 1 year?

2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Like I said in another post, Fitzpatric is a liability in the secondary now. Something is wrong with him, worst tackler on the team, dosent cover or react. When was the last time he has made a decent play in the last 4 games. Some of it may be scheme but when he has a chance he fails in tackling or covering.

3. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Guy was so awesome last year I was thinking he would be the new Troy. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I was hoping for the next Troy also, but he is playing worse then Edmonds now. By the way watch Edmonds and Fitz on that long run from Sanders, both got tangled up by the blockers and couldnt get off their blocks.

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Maybe Fitzpatrick has some strange voodoo curse on him. He plays lights out with backup QBs like Rudolph and Hodges, but plays like crap with a franchise QB leading the team.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He also got quiet halfway last season. Still better than what he had before, just not a playmaker right now. Playmakers win games

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Maybe "you" doomed him!:lolol:

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If I had that kind of voodoo power, I would have doomed Brady 10 years ago.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Did you try?

Do you have that power over other teams?

Is your power limited to the Steelers?

Is your power limited to negative against the Steelers?:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I repeat and, again, something is amiss here with the corners. Joe Haden has looked slower this season. As for Steven Nelson, I believe he bought into his own hype a bit too much. Mike Hilton really could not do a better job against Travis Fulgram if he tried.

Again though, Terrell Edmunds has been the best performing Defensive Back throughout the quarter mark. I repeat, Terrell Edmunds has been the best performer. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    That is scary

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Edmunds was being held on that long Sanders run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So was Nelson, though it was 40-50 yards downfield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Eagles played dirty

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Dude, that avatar is just ...... well ..... it's .......

It's like a fat girl in spandex, you don't want to look but..................

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    It’s November Ben

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    We have our offense up to speed. We don't need playmakers on defense to win games right now (although we may, at some time). We just need enough plays not to lose games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    This is the same secondary as last year. Very little has changed. Our front 7 took some time for the league to catch up with. It wasn't "quite" as dominant down the stretch last year. This year, schematically, it's geared a little more toward stopping the run. Maybe it's better with Tuitt back, or maybe all just by design. But the times it doesn't get pressure, just like last year, the secondary is exposed. And all this crap about selling out the secondary to stop the run is just that, crap.

Tomlin says that it doesn't need fixing. Says that would do a disservice to the teams we face. The other teams, apparently, work hard just like we do and getting beaten is to be expected. His words, not mine. He says all the team needs to do is to acknowledge how bad it feels to get beaten defensively and therefore, nothing will, or needs to, change schematically, based on performance to this point.

Man, that sounds like a coach I would want to play for. Not.

19. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Ugh right when I want to start giving him some credit he says something like this and I’m reminded of his thick head.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No worries, you aren't good enough to play for him :hehehe:

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Butler says we have to do a better job of coaching. Ya think? We are at a 50% conversion rate on 3rd downs, one of the worst in the league. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I personally think it has just come down to their gameplan vs the teams. So far we have focused on run stopping and blitzing... keeping our dbs in more man coverage and having our safeties stay back to avoid big plays. the big plays they have made were good reads and throws by the qb and the wr making a big play. When we start playing better teams with better qbs I am sure the gameplan will adjust. These first 4 weeks have allowed the D coordinator to just play a pretty simple game plan

23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I still feel that its not the talent on the field that holds us back. Seems there is always something missing and never a complete package in any given year. Years we have had awesome offensive firepower, our defense was atrocious. Then we have defense allegedly improved and the offense (last year) was holding us back. Now we have the offense getting some momentum but now the defense is being exploited by the pass. I know every team has strengths and weaknesses but once in a while it would be nice to tie it all together and look the part of a real contender. Being undefeated is great but deep down in the gut I am wondering how much longer we will be. The Stains are coming after our axxes in a big way (Hunt says the game is being dedicated to that idiot Garret) so we'll see if this week we can bring in all together or not. If not, we lose. Talent wise, we're as good or better than anyone so it has to being something other than talent that is holding us back. JMO

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015

Right after Thanksgiving!

25. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm not good enough to play for anyone. ;)

We had even better talent and did less with it. It's not talent that's the issue. Every team has talented players. It always boils down to coaching. Dark Hoodie cheated more...I mean...won more with lesser talented teams than anyone. The Browns have had one of the most talented rosters the past few years, and that talent won them a few games on its own. But their coaching sucked, and so they weren't relevant. Now that their coaching is rounding out, their talent is producing more. They might not be over the hump yet, but they're getting there.