1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns game...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 12, 2020.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just remembered Nick Chubb is out for a couple weeks so I'm worried less.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Brownies allow HUGE points. I`m hoping Ben puts up a 50 burger on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    They continue to be predictably weak in the middle of the secondary.

4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And if Hilton makes the tackle he should have, that would have been a 3 yard gain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If Dupree had wrapped him up in the backfield it would have been a 3 yd loss. Every team will give up an occaisional big play. Just limiting them to occaisional is the big thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Browns run the ball extremely well. There isn't much drop off from Chubb to Hunt, don't forget Hunt lead the league in rushing in 2017.
    If not for making a dumb move and kicking a woman he be making much more some where else.

OBJ has come to life, the last 4 games, him and Landry, Higgins, Hooper and Nojuke are all legit receiving threats.

I think you have to make them one dimensional, don't let them run the ball on you, bottle up the run game play better on 3rd down and make Mayflower make bad choices (as he often does) and force turnovers.

When on offense, you need to run the ball successfully, make them back up and take pressure off Ben, you all can hate Myles Garrett, but this guy is 2nd in the NFL with 6 sacks in 5 games, he's a game changer. But, you have to limit him.

I see Greedy Williams is out but Ward is a for real corner. But, Ben being able to spread it out which has proven he can do.

Take care of the ball no dumb flags and play a more complete game and the Steelers can win this one.

This isn't the Browns we are used to, they had this talent last year, but it didn't gel for them, it's happening this year, thus far.

This will be their biggest test to date, no margin for any error in the AFC north.

Probably the best division through 5 games thus far.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dallas OL is trash though, we all know Dalton isn't that good under constant pressure.

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hate to say it, but sell out to stop the run and make Baker beat us. That's not a good recipe long term, but this is going to be a slobber knocker. Win the physical battle and they'll remember why this isn't a rivalry.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Keep Baker in the pocket & he will give us the ball. Minkah could be the shizzle next week if we stop Hunt.

11. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    Baker thinks he has sore ribs now! One, two good hard sacks will have him crying for mommy. And I am not just dissing on him. Bruised ribs HURT like a MFer. Even more so after a few days when the swelling and healing set in. Dupree should be able to sit him down by second quarter.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So what, they're still the Clowns. They are what they are until they're not. Takes more than a few games to undue decades of sadness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I actually think we should play this game backwords. The Browns Love to run and they watch run fits to find the weakness in the coverage.. When they find the weak spots they go PA and run the QB to the edges at that point he can make the throw or become a runner..If I was DC I would not give them the info they want ..

IMO this would be a great week to become a run funnel Defense.. Just stay in base keep it simple don't blitz give up running lanes and umbrella to the ball carrier until they reach the redzone.. At that point with the GL to help protect our DB'S turn up the heat blitz the running lanes and force the QB to make tighter throws with less info to use on PA and Boots...

I would also be working on combo tackles 1st. guy go low and wrap and second guy facemask to the RB'S bicep .. This is one of the 3 points of contact for a ball carrier wear it out make his grip get loose . It does work I have had lots of success against runners fighting to break tackles...This very well could create a turnover or 2 to stop some drives ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, that’s the Steelers’ challenge, to deny them their beliefs and convince everyone they are the clowns.

15. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Really need to win this game at home vs Cleveland. At Tennessee and At Baltimore could be 2 Ls. Guess we have to see what the Titans situation is however.

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    He is usually a pretty solid tackler. He looked like he was faked out of his shoes.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The 41-0 games was on Christmas Eve. I live 45 minutes south of Cleveland and I hung a banner on my front porch that said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    41-0

Typical Browns fans were throwing stuff at my house in the middle of the night:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Like him or not, Mayfield is one tough little ****. He's not going quietly into that good night if we sack him a couple of times.

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Browns fans are confident. Saying Steelers D is overrated got thrashed by an injured eagles team. Also that our run D is good because of the low ranked rushing teams we faced. They are #1.

they did say they are banged up on defense though. Ben better be prepared to score 35+... expect our defense to never get off the field.

Only chance is to contain the run and force baker into interceptions. Garret gonna be a problem too because he’s gonna accuse Ben too lol.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup browns are pretty damn good. I rather lose to ravens honestly. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Our secondary has been playing backwards all season. The only saving grace from our D is the blitz. Abandon it and you'll make Baker look like Peyton Manning with wheels. And you take "bend but don't break" to a whole new level. You WANT them in the redzone? How about this for a novel idea? Stop them before they get there. It's so crazy, it just might work.

Your tackling concept is wonderful for lower-level athletes. High school? Sure thing. Pro's? Not so much. Game is too fast for all that nonsense. You swarm to the ball and tackle based on your position in relation to the ball carrier. If you're the first guy there, you don't abandon your leverage just to go low.

And I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about wearing out a ball carrier's bicep to make him lose his grip. Ball carriers get their arms hit and ripped at all game long.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't let anyone bs ya this is the Brown's Superbowl, always has always will be.

23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m worried about this game quite honestly. This is not the normal Browns. Their performance last weekend against the Colts has made people take note. That said, how good are the Colts? Rivers has declined dramatically, I’m not sure they are all that great tbh. Let’s hope the Browns start to believe theOr own hype.

My big worry is the OLine going against a very good Browns defensive front. If Ben can get the ball out quick and exploit their weaknesses in the secondary the Steelers should be fine. I’m cautiously optimistic. A Browns victory would not surprise me one bit however.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bring the qbs down when you get your hands on them is a good thing to do. We have to tackle better. Not as worried about the offense. :cool:

25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The Browns have looked pretty good the past 4 weeks. They're dangerous on offense.

Ok. Enough respect.

They're not even the real Browns. They're the Fake Browns. The real Browns changed their name to remove the stench of Cleveland and now play in Baltimore. Funny. They finally won a couple Superbowls once they got out of that cesspool.

Myles Garrett better be ready for about 50 chop blocks.

We should win this game easily. But even if we lose, at least we don't have to live in Cleveland.

• Like Like x 2