1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Nelson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Did anyone see what the offsetting personal fouls were on the first play? I don't know what Nelson did on that play but I saw another play early in the game where he stood over the guy he just tackled barking at him.....which is a PF for taunting ............ and then shove the guy back to the ground when he tried to get up.

I couldn't believe there was no flag!

Someone needs to reel him in before he costs us a game.

2. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The officiating was literally all-around atrocious yesterday. I thought both teams received some really bad calls, no calls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The OPI on Claypools TD was ridiculous. Chase was adjusting his position for the ball and the defender was completely off balance from the immediate snap of the ball to the time he fell on his own.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    It was equally as bad on both teams. I was less frustrated about some of the clear-cut fouls as I was TJ Watt getting held every damn play with no call.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I disagree. I do agree however it was bad on both sides of the ball but to characterize it as equal is not accurate.

6. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I mean, you're entitled to your opinion but it wasn't as bias as I thought while watching it. Following a rewatch, it was horrible on both sides. The penalties against Pittsburgh just hurt more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    It was very bad on both sides. There were a couple PI calls against Darius Slay, and another CB, that were just terrible.

TJ was basically neutralized because of the non-calls.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yes the officiating was bad!

Maybe I should start a thread about Steven Nelson?:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If we’re going to talk about Nelson, how frickin selfish was that 4th down interception? Knock it down and we take over on downs 50 yards closer to the Eagles’ goal line, or more importantly, 50 yards further from our own goal line should something freakish happen. Selfish and dumb play.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do understand that in the heat of the moment it's a reaction to catch the ball but I would think that the players should be made aware, in certain situations, that they are to knock ball down even if it's an easy INT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    It’s pretty common incentive for cornerbacks to get $10,000 for each interception. That may have influenced his thinking.

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It's situational awareness. How long have they been playing this game? It's 4th down. If you're 10 yards off the line of scrimmage, I don't have a problem with it because there's a chance for a return. But there's no excuse for that. If one of my high school guys did that, he would have gotten reamed.

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey 86WardsWay.

Yes, yes it was. Totally "Disgusting" as I say around here. This, in big part, has been turning-off folks from Football for years now. I have now just come to expect a flag on nearly every pass play and then a tit for tat one in return to balance it out between the two teams. Goofdell and company have really "fudged" this league up big time.

I am from the Mel Blount School of Hard Knocks. What makes it even worse today is so often I see a WR signaling the "throwing of a flag" gesture to the refs and it seems quite often that the refs oblige. Complete BS. The thing is when you one of the older fans per se like myself, you have something to compare today's game against. That is why I would think that the older fans have a much harder time with this crap that Goofdell and company have created. If you are a "new fan on the block" per se you do not have much to compare it too. Given that, even the younger fans I would think can see through this watered-down BS product.

Again, "Disgusting".

STEELWINDS
    The East Side Kid

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Here's the deal though. These individual players are always playing for their next contract and that easy INT plays a significant part towards their agents negotiating tactics. 9 times out of a 10 they are going to pick that pass off if given the opportunity, unless it's a desperation hail mary pass. Fundamentals be damned in the NFL. Same with college.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I can agree with that.. The Claypool TD take away because of a supposed OPI was complete crap. The refs saw the defender fall. lol

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not to mention he wrestled it away from Sutton!

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think it's just pure selfishness. I think an agent could use footage to show how heads up his player is, by playing team ball, even in a bang-bang situation.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Exactly. Some people think this is a team sport and the team comes first. Competition between players of the same team and against other teams for continued playing in the league is the primary objective. Factor in that on any given play they could have a career ending injury and it becomes common sense to get what you can while you can. Reminds me of one of our idiots that held out for more money, actually got less money, and was just released by the Jets. We will most likely lose some good players next year because WE CAN"T AFFORD THEM and I doubt they will continue playing for us because they are team players.

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Steven "Tied to the Whipping Post" Nelson. Bet you didn't like those couple of picks?

• Like Like x 1
  21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I agree with situational awareness. But what if Nelson in his attempt to knock it down, the ball caroms off of Sutton into the arms of an Eagles receiver and runs it in for a touchdown? Now Jack Tatum should have played the ball instead of crushing Fuqua.

22. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Games going 100 mph this is ridiculous criticism. Guy made the play and picked it off ending the game we were up 9!

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It was the last play of the game right?

24. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    That's a good point. I thought about that. But I would still rather have him bat it down. Just my opinion.

25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    There was 2 mins left. We would have to have fumbled given up a TD and lost an onside kick. I mean come on. Even the Steelers couldn’t screw up that bad!!!