1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DK says the Titans should be forced to forfeit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think anyone should have to forfeit games...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Pirates are basically a forfeit even when they play. So to answer your question, MLB.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Basically, the smaller covid particles travel on larger ones, primarily droplets of moisture breathed or sneezed. Smoke particles, on the other hand, travel on their own. So unless you use a mask to protect you from a dragon, you're going to breathe in smoke. If a dragon sneezes on you, you're fine.

Check the stats. No one has died from dragon snot. Just ask some around here how important quoting stats are. The Steelers are undefeated so they have no deficiencies whatsoever. Can't argue with a perfect record. That's all that matters. And no one has died from dragon snot while wearing a paper mask, so they are obviously good enough to keep you safe from a virus. :drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Baseball I think had some teams not play all 60 games this season, they didn't have time to make up postponed games due to Covid-19.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Cardinals only played 58

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

If I was a Titans fan I'd want them to forfeit the 2 games opposed to playing 13 games in a row. While their playoff competition are at 11 with bye week in hand. That doesn't even factor playoff byes.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I found a similar correlation between eating garlic and not seeing vampires.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    As far as I know an NFL team has never forfeited a game so I would be really surprised if that happens now.

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They are also trying to play in a middle of a pandemic. I would think the goal is to get the season in, playoffs, and Super Bowl. But I bet the issue is the NFL is penny pinching over the ad revenue of 2 regular season games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sadly I'm sure you're right... i guess the owners are trying to support eachother... i think the overall season would be in better shape if they came down like a ton of bricks and told all the coaches/players/staff to take this seriously. Otherwise they'll be fighting over table scraps.

This IMO is not as subjective as the "roughness penalties"

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Not to my knowledge.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They're pushing the envelope trying to get 16 games in 17 weeks. Unless the teams get a handle on positive tests we should see an extension or a shortened season imo. Forced forfeits will just get messy for them. Teams could try to sneak around the protocols as we have already seen. I'd rather see them play the Titans for experience going into the playoffs rather than have them be playoff pretenders.

13. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I say we just shorten the season and head straight to the playoffs with current records and only take the top team from each division. If only we were in first place in our division right now...oh wait, we are. Sorry Ravens. Sucks to suck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    While I would never question your consummate wisdom, that is the perception du-jour, That was not the perception last week and is not likely to be the perception next week. Until it gets really cold in Pittsburgh, we are not likely to have any believable facts.

But.......I am domn sure going to wear my mask since you have pointed out that there is a 0% chance of dying from dragon snot.:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  16. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think if the Bills or any other team receive a forfeit from the Titans, then absolutely the Steelers should be a benefactor as well. I guess the NFL is trying to prevent any team from playing down the positive tests results they may have amongst their players and staff. I do have an overall concern that once the positive Covid test results start rolling in, I believe the entire NFL season may be in jeopardy. Along those lines, I'm not sure I completely understand the precautionary lines drawn with face masks. All coaches and staff on the sidelines must wear them, but no players. In terms of over-exertion on the field I think the players themselves are at a great risk of spreading it if they have been exposed. I think QB's could possibly be an exception due to calling plays or shouting out the cadence. Still could be risky as well.