1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Puppy dogs and rainbows

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Glory Days, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You forgot that Tomlin hasn't cost us a game yet:clapping:

Puppy dogs grow up into dogs who poop on your carpet and they are full of **** about a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow:cool:

But yes, things are looking promising at this point.:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Pessimist!:lolol: Who do you see us losing to? Twice!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mac daddyo.

I know of all the "non-sense" that comes along with these two, especially AB, However, I still would take them back BUT with their heads screwed on tight. Super Tight. You know, like that jar of peanut butter tight that you can't open up and have to bang the lid several times with the back of a butter knife to loosen it up. Yeah, that tight.

I have been a loyal, die-hard Steelers' fan for over forty-five years. I have seen a lot of great talent and those two are on my all-time list from both a talent and statistical standpoint. Again, I know, and understand, all of their BS. However, how freakin' great would we be with those two in the line-up? Again, only if they both had their "do-do" together.

Some here, like to say that we did not win anything while they played for us. True. Well as far as Rings. However, who's fault is that? Not theirs IMO. That falls on the Coaching Staff and and an average Defense. Well, this current Defense is one the best that I have seen in years. Now, the Coaching Staff is still the same. So, there I still have concerns.

In fact, I still have concerns about our current Coaching Staff and think we all should IMO. Same cast of characters more or less. Tomlin needs success more than AB and Bell in a sense. He needs to for two main reasons:
    • To get out of the Cowher's Players rhetoric.
    • Also look at his abysmal play-off record over the past ten years or so.
    Given that, I would worry less about AB and Bell on this team than the fact that Tomlin is still at the wheel.

For the record, I have supported Tomlin. In fact, admittedly I wanted Cowher gone at a certain point in his career. Constantly coming up short for the Ring(s) I am so glad that he finally got it done. It could have been more though (smile). And like Cowher, yes ,I have wanted Tomlin gone at times also but for now I am at okay with him. I want him to succeed.

Look, if you wear the Black and Gold I am rooting for you, no matter your troubles/issues. I want you to turn it around, to be successful.

If the Coaching Staff had their "do-do" together when AB and Bell were here, I think we win a Ring or two even with the Defense at the time. They were not bad just average. Good enough IMO to have partnered-up with the Offense to "bring it home." Plus, back then we had Martavis Bryant, Jesse James (who I think was underrated) and I think Heath Miller as well on the team at the time. Remember, all of that "yak" about we can score thirty points a game that only came to fruition a handful of times. We should have been lighting up the scoreboard with all of that arsenal back then. Again, coaching issues IMO.

Both AB and Bell had HOF possibility written all over them. In fact, AB may still get in based on his resume. Even if he never plays again. I am thinking I am in the minority here about these two. Nonetheless, I have echoed these words before here on The Board about these two and I still stand by them. Hey my prerogative (smile).

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If we win the Super Bowl I would take that every time lol

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Except they did pay AB

6. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will take any regular season record, if it all ends with a Superbowl victory

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1