1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin proves his worth, takes down the overhyped Texans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Roonatic, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'll bet a psychologist would drink heavily after a session with you:lolol:
    1. You intimate that we are winning because the other team can't read Tomlin's lips and then you say it would matter because he doesn't say anything important?
    2. You have criticized Tomlin's player choices and then you say he has no say in whether or not the Steelers offer Connor a contract?
    They say that if you answer your own questions, it's a sign of insanity. I wonder what they say when you debate yourself and then answer your own questions incorrectly?:huh:

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    How about holding Ben out for a half a couple of years ago when he was ok (according to Ben) to go in the game and help win it. We lost because of this. Does this qualify as proof?

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Or maybe the white elephant in the forum? Tomlin's teams are notoriously undisciplined! Usually on defense.

4. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Don't have specifics but I remember a few years ago when Bos was struggling that people on this board were stating it cost us 3 games that year. That is my recollection and I'm sticking with it. I think one game was against the Stains where we would have won if he did his job that day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's true.....however, I don't think a horribly bad season, or the yips, is a "mistake". I think a "mistake", in the context of this discussion, is a bang-bang play causing a turnover.

And quite frankly, comparing a bang-bang turnover to Tomlin's well deserved reputation for undisciplined teams is like comparing apples and yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Figures a post on Tomlin goes 12 pages and nothing is different then the last 12 page post on Tomlin. I feel that we could have done better with a more disciplined coaching staff during the killer B era, but that is water under the bridge. We are 3-0, undefeated, and therefore I will support his efforts to get to 4-0. We could have:
    lost games this year due to undisciplined play, but we didn't
    lost games this year because of poor defensive play in the 1st have of last game, but we didn't
    lost games because we don't look prepared early in the season or in games, but we didn't
    We're on top of our division, for now, and this is not a time to b!tch about what may or may not have happened so far this season. However, this could change when we face better competition and then he's fair game. I believe if we don't correct the issues we've seen early on, we'll not be as successful down the road. So lets hope he's as good a HC as some here thinks he is. JMO

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    WOW! That was really well said!

8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's all you got? SMH.

I can understand if people simply think it's time for a change at HC. The problem is people come up with BS in an attempt to prove Tomlin is a bad coach. The same gibberish with little fact and mostly speculation.

Tomlin is still coaching at a high level. He appears to have a lot of passion for his job. Players play hard for him. He helped to have this team in the playoff hunt with several key injuries and musical chairs at the QB position last season. You won't find perfection in any HC.

The next biggest challenge for this organization is to find the next QB. The organization is fine at the HC position.

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Tomlin apologists dance nicely around the facts:

Fact = Tomlin is famous for undisciplined teams.

Fact = undisciplined football < disciplined football.

Fact: = Tomlin has had 13 years to change fact #1 and he has yet to do it.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think it is much harder to say a player lost the game vs a player won the game. I mean, you can point to a 2 minute drive to win a game or a clutch FG as time expires to say a player won the game. But to blame a single player for singlehandedly losing a game is dubious at best. So, yeah Boz missed a FG or three that had he made, the steelers win. But for Boz to shoulder the blame for the entire team losing is pretty myopic, especially when the defense, OL, and play calling stunk up the joint. And to blame a kicker for losing any game is a f@#king joke anyways. If the steelers are putting their hopes and prayers on the leg of kicker, then they are doomed. Try again.

• Like Like x 1