1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Three Tennessee players, five personnel test positive for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Where did you see censorship?

Is the post not still visible?

When we do delete things, we don't care what the opinion was. Only that it violates the rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I’m in Berks County and have Eagle and Penn State fans all around me. Being a Steeler fan and a Notre Dame grad it is real hard living here sometimes. I have to say though it’s been real quiet this year from the opposing camps. COVID though is really pissing me off first ND cancelled a game last week because of it and now this with the Steelers, getting real old fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

We’re NOT doing this political statement crap. Zip it. Talk about the football aspects, implications for scheduling, etc., but keep the political statements about what the country should do out of it.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I like wearing masks. I'm ugly so it works out great for me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Hindsight..all the other leagues had shortened seasons..should have had a 10 game season. 2 in division, play another division in your conference. Thats 10...plenty of room for make up..and if you must expand play offs. all the other pro leagues did

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    A warning to not turn it political. It was stepping close to the line. What's the problem? "Zip it?" Fair enough I guess. Maybe could have gone without that. But I don't know if there's a history there. Maybe it was warranted.

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Back to what we were talking about, the three players who tested positive were Daquon Jones, DT, Beau Brinkley, the longsnapper, and Tommy Hudson, a TE on the practice squad. Seems like the biggest loss, if the game goes on, would be the longsnapper. Jones, also, looked like a starter (had two tackles last game).

• Like Like x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Maybe we could move the game to Madden NFL 21?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Also no practice is a big disadvantage to them

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    All this mess over , players who woudnt even see the field much, .........This crap started when the "Everyone gets a trophie" generation came along ..:facepalm:

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You need to have reserve players. Not sure what you're insinuating here. They caught it because they're not "real" players?

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    ( Really a practice player, and a long snapper}? No im saying sounds like they can play without them, send them home and play the damn game....NEXT MAN UP

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The implication was that the NFL had spent too much time on BLM appeasement and not enough planning for contingencies for positive testing. That is an opinion based on personal perspective and bringing political views into it. The same thing is accomplished by simply saying that the NFL had a split focus and as a result didn't prepare for real world scenarios of Covid-19 positive cases. See no political shenanigans

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My understanding of what is on this thread is that both Tennessee and Pittsburgh would take a bye this weekend. The Ravens would have their bye pushed a week ahead or back to take thd Titanx week 7 spot while the Titans play Pittsburgh the the following week Rivalry game.

15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    As has been said, it's not the hit to personnel on the field that will hurt them. It's the disruption/lack of practice. There will be isolated film study but no way to implement a gameplan. No practice hurts big time. Let's watch the oddsmakers and see if the Steelers don't end up -3 or better before Sunday rolls around. I can't see anyone picking TN over us if they don't get to practice.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Actually, I will apologize to @steel_ben7 for saying something as strong as "zip it." I read the post a bit harsher than it looks on second reading. However it was close to the line, and seeing as the subject of how to best manage the virus in this country is likely to be a big part of tonight's debate, it damn well is political.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe they can pick up James Harrison to handle long snapping duties.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If they do juggle the byes to get this game played down the road, they had better be prepared to juggle schedules for anyone else impacted. And that opens up a huge can of worms because of the Belicheats out there. Aren't quite ready to take on a division rival and need more time? Have a few of your players "contract" the virus and get some extra time to prepare.

Play the games as scheduled or forfeit. Anything else is just asking for trouble.

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Thst also gets into playoff seeding and tie breakers and the inevitable well they didnt have to play us debate.

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I just watched a lil bit of Tomlins presser adressing this, the reporters asked him at least 3 times "if he thought it it was fair the Steelers got to practice b4 a game and the Titans didnt".. he prty much replyied that wasnt his concern... lol.....

21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Unfortunately, the Steelers got caught up in it. I would guess the league has infectious disease experts on retainer that can advise them on whether or not it's safe to play this game either Sunday or Monday. I know I'd rather see them reschedule the game then have the virus spread anymore either within the Titans organization or to the Steelers. That'll really cause problems.

22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey Stone.

This is why in big part, I was strongly advocating for pre-season. It would have given the league a sample size of games as to what to expect from this "monster". The same amount of games as to where the season is right about now but nooooooooo! Who am I am but a "know-little" Public School Teacher. I guess making 40 million dollars a year (Goofdell) still isn't enough to make an informed decision that entailed the use of smart and intuitive foresight.

Look, I do not know if this is an isolated case. I hope so. I hope all turn out healthy. Nonetheless, this was probably inevitable BUT, and again, just using a little foresight might have helped in this situation. Now, we are in "foreign territory" of sorts. On top of all this, the NFL's format is way different than that of the NBA's, MLB's and the NHL's. IMO, those three entities are built to operate in a more enclosed and conservative environment. The NFL is a much more "wide-open" game of sorts which leaves way more room for this to become problematic.

Again, hopefully all will be okay and that this is a one-time incident with minimal intrusion on all levels. Now, it is a wait and see game. One that could have been "played" already if again a little common sense prevailed and the administrators in charge actually earned their money. As I say around here from time to time, Just Disgusting.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just great.
    A game that I was going to get on TV.

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

If they don't shut up and trot out their best covid negative players...

• Like Like x 1
  25. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Man, some of you are fighting like you played together for The Eagles (the band, not the football team).

The game has to be played as scheduled, if you try to juggle the schedule by flipping bye weeks, it blows up the next time you have to do it. And there will be a next time. If it was like baseball, you could have a doubleheader later, but there is no practical way to move things around in football. Put a 53 man Covid negative team out there, or forfeit. Yes I would still say that if it were the Steelers. And it may be them at some point, this is not the end of the epidemic, it’s the beginning. We have no prevention except masks and distancing at this point, and some fools aren’t even using that.
    Surely there is some history of leagues coping with communicable diseases before. Did they play baseball and football during the Spanish Flu in 1918? What happened when Polio was rampant? I have never heard anyone report on that.

• Agree Agree x 2