1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't look now, but your Pittsburgh Steelers are in first place in the AFC North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 28, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    With the opportunity to go 4-0 for the first time since 1979 :steelflag:

• Like Like x 8
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    When we won a Super Bowl, btw.

• Like Like x 3
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Ravens were no match for the Chiefs in their game with them tonight. Mahomes completely outplayed Lamar Jackson. Hopefully people will take a step back after this and get off Lamar Jackson’s nuts and realize while he is very talented and a good player he still has not really accomplished or won anything yet and just does not play well in big games which has to be a concern right now if you are a Ravens fan.

The Ravens now know after this tonight that they are gonna be in for a dogfight for this division this year with the Steelers and aren’t just gonna coast into the playoffs and win this division at 14-2. There is no Duck Hodges or Mason Rudolph playing QB for the Steelers this season. Big Ben is back and is only gonna get better along with this defense and this Steelers team Overall is for real this season and if you’re a Ravens fan or player that should start to worry you a lot.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Will we be higher than them in the power ranking standings too? I doubt it.

Considering the Ratbird special teams scored a TD, their offense was worse than the score.

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No doubt it was.

Lamar needs to establish a lead to win games. Sadly, that is not going to cut it in the NFL. He needs to learn to win these types of games in order to at least silence his critics.

Until he can, those critiques will grow more audible as the year goes on.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Baltimore got gifted the Division last season. Not going to happen this time. Even better, the matchup Baltimore is still a ways off from today. Plenty can happen between now and then.

[​IMG]

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Anyone can have a bad game. I would NOT write off the Ravens based on this one game.

But they did have their luster knocked off a bit tonight.

Doesn't matter either way. The Steelers still have a ton of work ahead. It's a long season. You got an early lead. Don't squander it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Obviously, they will acknowledge and accept that continued winning with losses by the Ravens improves their position in the standings and things of that nature. The upcoming game against the Titans, while not a T-shirt and hat type of game, carries it own importance, but only as much importance as any other game in September carries. That being it presents the opportunity to stack wins and stacking wins is our business right now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Did Mike Tomlin hack your account?

(or am i being Captain Obvious? :) )

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    KC put together a good blue print for beating the Rat birds. Get up early and make their Offense one dimensional. Baltimore’s defense got exposed by a superior team but the Rat birds defense is for real, we are not going to rush for 150 yards against them. Ben needs to throw and we need to use all our weapons. What concerns me is Tomlin gets ultra conservative when we play them and plays right into their hands and this is why the game always goes down to the last possession. Hopefully something will change.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Steelers looking good. Take care of business against the Titans and keep this lead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The Ravens D seemed to be trying to get the upper hand based on watching tape and guessing a lot more in order to get the jump on Mahomes. Like, I know everybody tried, but they seemed to be guessing the play a fair few times and got burned when the Chiefs surprised them from a familiar look. I hope Fichtner was taking note of that.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    We are only in first because of cowher’s players

• Hilarious x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Against The Rules x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. Every non fan has a right to question if we are an elite team. If we beat the Titans, they will have to acknowledge we are.

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ravens offense looked downright awful but I also noticed KC's MLBers were excellent in coverage which is where the Steelers show weakness so far this season. More worried about KC. Their offense is scary good.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Our opponents are 0-9 combined record. Titans opponents have a combine 1-8 record. I hardly think the winner of this matchup proves elite worthy status.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I didn't watch the second half but it seems like Jackson gave up in the second qtr? I know that KC played him well but he didn't seem interested in running?

I think you will see the league figure out Jackson pretty quick and then move on to figuring out MaHomes.

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I only watched the first half, too. Ravens WRs didn't help any last night. I remember 3 passes that were good throws by Jackson that went through WRs hands. One of them was AB's cousin.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ravens are good but I'm not scared of Jamar. He's no Mahomes.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yup.. so sweet. If we beat the Titans it will really show the abilities of this team.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    True but both teams are 3-0 . If nothing else it will show the best of the worst. I tend to believe it will demonstrate what kind of team we have going forward to take a win on the road.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Obviously, I said what I said.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I just now read this closely enough to see the utter brilliance! That was some great writing!

Be honest, how many pressers did you have to watch to get it just right?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Maybe the Ravens should be scared of us?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1