1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin proves his worth, takes down the overhyped Texans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Roonatic, Sep 27, 2020.

1. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I can prove the player mistakes and turnover lose games. The statistical evidence backs up my claim. Try again.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    'You're out of your depth' is a blanket statement? Pretty straight forward, I thought.
    It's a nice way of saying: You don't know what you're talking about.
    "Do you understand me...catching my drift...or am I being obtuse?" (Shawshank Redemption quote, I couldn't resist)

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    For a 30 year Steeler film study student you've added basically nothing to back up your criticism of posted content. Depth might not be your strong suit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're misrepresenting what I stated but I don't mind, your version sounds better. You keep bringing it up like it's a bad thing. It's a good thing, it allows me to form an opinion based on complete data.
    My opinion is: if you need me to explain to you why Tomlin deserves criticism, you're not paying attention.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    McCarthy? And he got sh!t canned.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Bellichick, Andy Reid, Pete Carroll... should I go on? 4 of Tomlins last 8 seasons, he has missed the postseason completely and he's 3-5 in postseason since 2011. Not sure I'd put that accomplishment on the pedestal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Mike, is that you? Sounds like you need a snickers, bro.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Fair enough, I respect your opinion. Would have liked something from a dedicated Steeler fan to chew on concerning Tomlin criticism. My opinion is there hasn't been a drop-off of Steeler success since he took over for Cowher. With his defense finally built we will see.

Concerning opinions, who gets the win Sunday? Steelers or Titans

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not bad during a rebuild. Other than playoffs Tomlin kept pace with Reid & Carroll. Appreciate the rebuttal, pedestal hit home.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I guess I'm not following the rebuild comments. Maybe on the D side, but for a guy who was supposedly a D expert, and secondary at that, he has not produced great defenses over that time frame until now. But on O, he has had a future HOF QB his entire time here, the best WR in the NFL, the best RB in the league, and one of the best OL's in the league. Plus a tough as nails TE in Heath. I mean, those were not rebuilding components, that was a juggernaut offense that grossly underachieved. I give him credit for what we are seeing so far this season and what we saw end of last year with him missing his franchise QB. But, you have to admit that 10+ years to hit your stride is a bit much. And that assumes that he doesn't start regressing as the season goes on. At some point you have to consistently beat the good teams if you want to be considered a top tier coach.

11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Oh golly, you're being awful serious!! This is intended to be very tongue in cheek.

12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'd love to see even ONE statistic that proves a player mistake lost a game. But remember, I said "proves." Take your time. I'll wait.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    These top offensive guys were really all that? Available when needed in the playoffs? Ben didn't stink it up a few times? Easy to lay blame, didn't some of these offensive juggernauts miss the playoff boat with Cowher? Your Seattle crush Carroll hasn't faired much better without top weapons in the playoffs. I guess you have a higher standard for this Tomlin guy. & yes, it took a long time to fix the defense. Dupree took what 5 years to be an impact. Beef about some of Tomlin's draft selections it's warranted. This year could be telling if we can make it back into the playoffs in one piece.

14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    bleacherreport.com/articles/58594-just-how-important-are-those-turnovers

Here you go Uncle Rico. Keep living in the Glory Days.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that player mistakes lose games. I could add more statistics but what's the point? You believe Tomlin is, "out of his depth as a HC." I'm done with you.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The part of the discussion that you are working so hard to miss is that the occasional turnover is not something that can be fixed. It happens to every team on occasion because this is a violent and fast game. Tomlin has a well proven history of coaching undisciplined teams which routinely makes games closer than they should be and makes it harder to recover from the occasional turnover, bad officiating, freak play, or any other one-time event that can happen during a game.

A bad history of turnovers by a player is easy to fix, the occasional turnover is not. A bad history of lack of discipline is easy to fix, to date, Tomlin refuses to address it.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Actually.... the Bears are the worst 3-0 team.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah I had corrected myself shortly after.

still, I rather be the worst 3-0 team than the best 0-3 team. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This all depends on whether or not Tomlin finally got the message. If this team plays disciplined ball, we are in the discussion for top two seed. If not, we are in the discussion for missing the playoffs, or one and done..........again!

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers will have to split with the Ravens to have a shot at 2 seed... which is doable. KC will most likely run away with the 1 seed.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I thought only the 1st seed is getting a bye this year?

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think that's true.

22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Not sure about playoff brackets with 7 seeds.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    1 bye
    2 plays 7
    3 plays 6
    4 plays 5
    Not sure but this makes sense.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's correct

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Forget about seeds, just get in, look at the Titans last year they beat Baltimore and New England on the road in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1