1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I want the Steelers 6-0 going into Baltimore...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 28, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    On October 25th here in about a month. I am officially getting greedy and want the Steelers to win these next 3 games against the Titans on the road this Sunday, and then at home the next 2 weeks with the Eagles who look very bad the first 3 weeks and then the Browns. Now the defense still has a lot of things they need to clean up especially in the secondary but there is reason to believe they will improve and as long as Ben is healthy and this defense continues to do its thing and improve every week there is no reason at all to think the Steelers shouldn’t win these next 3 games and be 6-0 going into Baltimore for that huge showdown there on October 25th.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    While I agree it is possible, I find it highly unlikely. We are better then the Eagles but my fear of the game is huge. I know I'll get ribbed here but I believe the Browns are better then people think and guessing we will split with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It’s certainly possible, all three games look winnable. I think they will slip up somewhere though, 5-1 or 4-2 is more likely than 6-0

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree. We always seem to do badly against the Eagles for some reason. Although they were a pretty desperate sight last night - 19 seconds left in OT, 4th and 2 on the Bengals 40. Bengals are doing nothing on O and have no TOs... so the Eagles punt???

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Well if you do get ribbed its because folks have blinders on. They are pretty damn good from what I have seen so far. We could indeed split

• Like Like x 2
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Not worried about the Eagles, a little worried about the Browns. Toughest game of the three is next week against the Titans, If we can win next week then its very possible to be 6 and 0 for the Ravens.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    6-0 would be nice, but I don't expect perfection. If we go into the Ravens game at 5-1, or even 4-2, and win, I'll be feeling pretty good about things. If we are 6-1 or 5-2 with a head to head tiebreaker over the Ravens after 7 weeks, that's not a bad spot to be in. I'd rather that than go omit that game at 6-0 and get taken down.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We are bound to lose one or two. It all evens out in the end...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Eagles scare me more than the Browns, given our history against them. The Browns are looking good offensively when not playing catch-up but I think we win that one. 5-1, 4-2 will be fine if we can take down the Ravens.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If the team is 5-1 by then, I would be very content. 6-0 would be great if that was the case but I do not think it is doable. This team still has not fully gelled yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I live in a mobile home park so homes are close. Nice day windows were open for everyone. Everywhere around me I heard people screaming at their TV's. One neighbor runs out and rips down his Eagle flag. Needless to say it was a very enjoyable day for me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    One game at a time. 4-0 would be great. 3-1 not as much but not the end of the world either.

Ideally, I'd like to see 19-0 and knocking the 72 Phins off their high horse. That's just me being greedy though.

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    6-0 is definitely possible. We'll be favoured in all those games, but as we've seen over the years, we tend to slip up a lot. Not to mention that divisional games are always tough. The Browns and Titans are both going to be tough, and for whatever reason, we seem to struggle against the Eagles. So while 6-0 is doable, I don't expect it to happen

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers usually beat the Eagles in Pittsburgh. It's when the game is in Philadelphia is when the Steelers fold like a cheap tent and lose... same in Oakland. I'm pretty sure the Steelers have only won once in Philadelphia in their entire 87 year history.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I watched the Vikings-Titans replay on GamePass and here are my thoughts:

The Titans play action offense is impressive. It makes me a little jealous because the Steelers do not run much play action. We will find out how good the Steelers run defense is this week. The WR Raymond has some serious speed. VW, Bush, and Edmunds will be tested in the middle this week. I expect a flea flicker from Tannehill, because their play action sets up perfect for a Henry run, toss it back to Tannehill, who throws it deep to Raymond. The Steelers defense is good enough to slow down the Titans offense. I thought the Vikings defense was good, but the Titans balanced attack ripped them pretty good.

The Steelers offense should be able to do whatever it wants against the Titans defense. The Vikings were gashing the Titans run defense. Justin Jefferson tore up the Titans secondary. If the O-line does its job, the offense will score points.

The Steelers are better than the Titans, but I could see where the Steelers lose because they had turnovers or failed to execute at a crucial time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Correct. No more Oakland though it’s Las Vegas lol. However playing in Philadelphia is a guaranteed loss. So 2024 chalk up the philly game as a loss lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Wonder who our QB will be then?? Hopefully somewhere out there in college America there is a freshman or sophomore QB who will be our next Big Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    With the way the AFC is this season you can't have a let down game.

So many good teams... best to not lose a game period.

It's like college football in the AFC this year.

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We are 3-0, but I'm not sure I feel as good as other times we have started this strong. Seems like we are still figuring a lot of things out on offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    All true but I take that as a good sign. Usually, we drop one or 2 of these games before settling in. So we have a head start this year. ;)

21. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    That's actually why I feel good about this team. I think we can play a lot better. Ben isn't close to playing his best yet and there is a lot of potential on the offense. The defense has also not put it all together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    No worries my friend, the Browns have looked good against, quite possibly, the two worst teams in the league. Washington turned the ball over 5 times yesterday, has zero defense, and was still in the game late.

The only reason I am ever concerned about weak opponents is lack of discipline. Let's see if Tomlin may have finally figured something out. To be fair to Tomlin, he's only been at it for 13 years.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I thought Houston and the Giants were the worst two teams

• Like Like x 1
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Baltimore has to be really motivated to win this game tonight vs the Chiefs - for revenge on last year and to show their case for the AFCs best this year. IF this highly motivated team loses tonight, that is going to take a huge bite into their swagger i would imagine. i don't think it will have an effect when they play the Steelers in a couple weeks, as the rivalry is a whole separate thing, but I'd love to see them knocked down a peg.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Watched the Eagles versus the Bengals, Wentz is having a very bad year, he looked terrible this week and they said he looked terrible the first two games also. I always thought he was good but fans are talking about benching him and saying they are running out of excuses for him.