1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers are 3-0

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 27, 2020.

1. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    What I can't imagine is going through life being anything less than positive or optimistic, it must be mentally draining.

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep. Use to get under my skin with all the "woo is us" until I go check other boards.

3. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Next week will be kumbaya time, 4-0. Then we see if Tomlin & team can handle the hype without getting to into themselves.

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    One week at a time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

ahem
    HeinzMustard:glare:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Optimism is a good thing. Too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad. I think most people are not on the extreme poles but closer to the middle. I prefer a balance but the good news is we can be as balanced or unbalanced as we choose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I wouldn't be mad if that happened. Same can be said for Mike Vrabel and his squad. The titans are kind of growing on me. I don't hate them like the rats and patsies and the bungholios

8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Titans are finding ways to win games. Not sold on Tannehill but the Titans have turned things around without Mariota.

I like the Colts in the AFCS. Titans will be tough to knock out of leading that division.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Gotta give props to MT he had the boys ready especially in the second half. 3-0 feels good!

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Halftime adjustments to the defense.....what!!?? :lolol: Defense was another unit after halftime, what was it three 3 n out on four possessions in the second half for the Texans? Those changes were huge, Texans offense was buzzing in the first half.

11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    It's good to be 3-0. Tomlin has sometimes lost to inferior teams and we haven't yet. The Texans are a good team who will probably finish 8-8. Just a brutal first 3 games on the schedule for them.

Tennessee will be a big test. They will not be happy coming off that Minnesota loss. Our rush D has been exceptional so far, but by far the toughest test against the Titans and Henry.

I say we play man, make Tannehill beat us. Keep Minkah in centerfield. Bring Edmunds down into the box. I know Tanneheill has been really good going back to last year but I have faith in our secondary if they can man up against the Titans WRs. We can't let Henry run all over us.

If we can get to 4-0, it's very well possible we could get to 6-0.

Edit: I see now TENN actually beat Minnesota. I thought the Vikings had won by a point. Two 3-0 teams. Will be a nice fight.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    didn't the titans come back and win vs Minn? Either way, it will definitely be a tough game

13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I see a couple of 0-2-1 teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Our back-ups were 8-6 last year, 8-3 at one point. I know it was more on the defense, but no matter what, you don't win 8 out of 11 games in the NFL with "piss poor back-ups" at quarterback.. Mason actually did a decent job of being a game manager until he got brained on a cheap shot against the ratbirds (ok, there was that Cleveland game...). He's not Ben, but he's a serviceable back up.

We lost to the Ratbirds because JuJu fumbled in overtime. We lost to I believe San Francisco because Connor fumbled in the red zone.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Which means there is no chance of being 6-0:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    You are correct!

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Beat me to it regarding the Defensive Game plan. That said, should Kalif Raymond be in the slot, Terrell might have to be involved there. He is a legit 4.3 speedster. Cannot have him go off.

Biggest concern though is Derrick Henry. That said, the last time we faced him, the Titans had Taylor Lewan, Jack Conklin and Quinton Spain; arguably the best Offensive Line Trio in the NFL at the time. Henry's stat line that day?!

7 Carries for 32 yards.

Keep in mind this was before the likes of Minkah and Devin Bush. With those two, along with TJ Watt and Tyson Alualu, I like our chances much better than in 2017. One final aspect to cover; Taylor Lewans injury.

That is something BIG to monitor for the week. Should he be out, Bud Dupree and TJ Watt will FEAST on Ryan Tannehill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin said they mixed up their coverages in the second half, and they rushed differently.

19. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    If you saw quality QB play from deer and duck last season, well then, we just have very different lenses that we watch football from. Rudolph doesn't see the field well, he's late on his throws, innacurate, lacks poise, very immobile, and generally looks scared and lacks confidence. And the rest of those guys are even worse options.

I mean, if you get benched over an undrafted hillbilly from Bugtussle University, then you are not a serviceable backup QB. Sorry, but that just does not compute.

The last decent backups the steelers had were Batch and Leftwich. No need to waste mid round draft picks on nobodies when you can sign journeymen nobodies with better skills and maturity.

If you think 8-6 is good, then you must also think having your team watching the postseason from the couch is good too.

20. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Only the 3rd time the steelers start the season 3-0 under Tomlin.But it only happened once with Bill Cowher and it happened in his first season in 1992!

Last time the steelers started the season 4-0 was in 1979!

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    What I can't imagine is going through life and either not knowing the difference between "doing your best" and "not finishing last", or knowing and not caring. It would ultimately produce a generation of lazy and unmotivated youngsters who would be left to get their guidance from the internet?

Hey..........................wait a minute:hmm:

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Is "woo" is us" like "woe is us" or is it like "woohoo, we is us and ****"?

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I have two questions for you:

1. If you were five steps from the finish line and far, far, ahead of the next closest opponent, and you chose to take a nap (Tortoise and the Hare), would you brag about finishing second.....or would you just be okay with it.
    2. If you did this multiple times, would you ever see the light or would you just be happy with not finishing last because some other nimrod stopped to eat?

24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Gasp! Wonder how a few on here will spin this accomplishment by their incompetent Tomlin.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The combined record of their opponents is 0-9. But hey the Steelers don't make the schedule they just play it.

• Agree Agree x 1