1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If you had to purchase a Steelers Jersey...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Scrap, Sep 24, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Found an Amos Zereoue jersey at a huge flea market for 5 dollars. Got it as a joke for my sister.

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Throwback Bus or Hines if I absolutely have to. I'm at a point where I don't want to drop any coin to support the NFL. I've turned into a casual fan and look for other entertainment to spend my money on.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I keep a lot of one dollar bills for the same reason.

• Like Like x 2
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I only have retired Steeler jerseys. I hate having a jersey of a player who may finish his career elsewhere. Oh wait, must correct myself. I have a Woodson #26 in a 1933 throwback jersey. Same way, I only have a Pirate's Clemente jersey. Which for the Pirates, that is even risky. If Nuttings could figure out a way to trade away a Hall of Famer from 40 years ago, they would do it.

5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Amos Zereoue was cool. He had a couple of hundred yard games. I like that jersey.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a jersey guy, only own one, favorite player Woodson.

If I were to get more, from the old timers it would definitely be Lambert and Rocky from the new, Heath, Watt, Conner & JuJu.

Coming into Fall and Winter season, think I am going to pick up a sweatshirt though, seen some cool ones.

8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    many years ago my son bought be a 58 Lambert game jersey. It's the only steelers shirt I own and will not own another. I love that jersey

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    One with my last name on the back of it!

Jk anyone who does that is a complete tool.

10. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Why?

I always almost totally agree with you perspective.

11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I gave 3 AB jerseys to good will. Black, Pro Bowl and a gold practice jersey.

Eff that guy...

Get a Watt skin

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey shaner82.

I am sorry to hear that but I am hearing it more and more. I am still very passionate about my Steelers but not so much the NFL if that makes sense. The soft-butt rules, replay reviews (that are not used when it makes the most sense), entitled whiny players, the TMZ type reporting for every little "hangnail" type issue. I guess for me, at my age, and having been a part of a number of Steelers' generations past, you have a large sample size to compare eras. This is good and bad. It just comes with age.

Honestly, I yearn at times when Cable TV and the Internet did not exist and I am a Computer Teacher. When I had to get up and change the TV dial by hand. When the only extended NFL highlights came from two weekly shows: “This Week In Pro Football” and the “NFL Game of the Week”. And you had to read the newspaper for your sport stories. And real stories. Not this candy-butt stuff today every time a player calls another out out or snatches another player's chain. Huh? What the "F" is that? That is a rhetorical question. And yes, I know exactly what it represents which is not cool at all. People would get shot where I grew up doing crap like that.

Oh well Shaner82. I do not know if my post here made you feel any better or worse. It made me feel a bit better to vent. I am sorry if it made you feel worse. Nonetheless, I would bet that your Steelers' "blood" still pumps strong, so keep on my friend. B & G.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

13. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Agreed on the political stuff. For me it's been rule changes and officiating that's killed some of my excitement more than anything.

I got bettis, ward, Ben and Troy jerseys already. That being said I would just get a watt jersey if I had to chose from today's players. Will probably get a miller jersey first though just because I loved the way he played and yearn for us to have a TE just like him. He was very underrated imo.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You keep a lot of one dollar bills for Steel Machine's sister?

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That confused me also. And seeing how my sister is almost 80 I'm pretty sure she ain't dancing on any polls:)

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My response was to Knox :facepalm:

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    So, I made an impulse buy last night and now I’m coming here for affirmation that I did the right thing.

I saw there was 65% off so I went shopping. Then, once emotionally invested, I saw in tiny font “up to”. Well, I got 25% off.

Anyway, about 10 years ago, I bought Woodley and Wallace Jerseys. Within 2 seasons, I was wiping my behind with them.

Then 2 years ago, I bought a Brown jersey. Within 2 months, I was wiping my behind with it.

I was determined my next jersey would be the Bus or Hines Ward. But this team is looking special. So, I bought a TJ Watt Jersey.

Someone tell me it’s the best purchase ever. He’ll always be a Steeler, win Super Bowls, and make the HOF. I mean, that’s true for my #7 Jerseys.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Man, I hope Watt will be around for a long time. He's one of my favorite current Steelers for sure, and I'd love for him to retire in Black & Gold.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Listen to me and you could have been cool before everybody jumped on the bandwagon and his jersey sold out.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Best purchase ever, the best. No one has ever seen such a great purchase and just let me say you are very smart I mean the doctors said they have never seen such results. Ummmm in all seriousness Watt will be a Steeler as long as possible. Generational player . I have 2 of his Jerseys and don't think you can go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Hope so, now let’s go win it all!

22. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Alejandro Villanueva Martínez for sure, Not only is he a great football player but an Army Ranger that served in combat. Now that's a hero on the Steelers for me.!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I bought my wife a Villanueva jersey

24. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's why I have only retired Steelers. On the same premise, I only buy retired HOF Pirate jerseys for that reason. Although, I do get nervous the Nuttings would try to trade away Clemente if they could figure out how.