1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedicated to Troy and Silverback

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Sep 27, 2012.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hope I'm wrong, but I'm kind of feeling this way today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU4rJ6Z4hNs

When the end is near for these two, it will be a sad day in Steeler nation. Both of these players have left it all on the field unlike some of our current defensive players. They both have done phenomenal things on the football field. Who can forget arguably the greatest play in Super Bowl history by James Harrison or the dramatic interception return for the TD against Flacco and the Ravens in the AFC Championship game by Troy P? There are countless other unforgettable performances by these two. I'm not the most technically savy person in the world, but it would be great for someone to put a highlight reel together with some of the remarkable things these two have done on the football field with this song playing in the background. I think we may have seen the last of Harrison as a Steeler on the football field and let's face it, we haven't seen the real Troy P since the mid-2010 season and I'm not sure we ever will again.

One thing's for sure, there was no one better than these two guys in their primes and they will be sorely missed when that day comes. The question is, is that day already here?

:( :cry:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not going to play Taps for Troy yet but I agree, I think we've seen the end of JH.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Troy's INT in the AFC championship game is probably my favorite play from him and that's saying something!

4. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Troy still has a couple good years left in him, but obviously not at the level he once was. As for Harrison I think he is done. I really hope I am wrong because we are definitely better with him out there.

5. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    My question is, do you carry Harrison's salary for several seasons (A. Smith) while he stands on the sidelines? Hated to see Aaron Smith go, but the money was better spent elsewhere. I hope he proves me wrong, but I see the same thing with Harrison.

6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think Harrison goes to IR before the season is over.....rests that knee for a full year....comes back and plays at a high level in 2013...then injury hits.....and is done.

HACK

7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Sounds like the Bradshaw scenario.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think the only way Harrison comes back in 2013 is if he takes a big paycut.

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    It makes me sad, more than you can imagine, but I think their best days are behind them. There was a time when I thought Troy was indestructable and now I think he is made of glass, how sad is that. JH...we owe him for delivering a Superbowl but his time is up. Now, if either of these two prove me wrong I will be the first to admit it and be the happiest to admit it. (please, prove me wrong!!!!)

10. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are older than both of them, respectively. In my (perhaps slightly biased) opinion, Troy and JH are still the best at their spots when healthy.

I mean, if Peyton Manning is still afraid of Troy, let's give him some credit.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Troy makes the odd splash play now and is out of position more than ever. I really think he's lost a step or two.

12. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I ll take his 'lost step or two' before I ll put my faith in a healthy Mundy.