1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Houston is another game the Steelers should win...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bush is a plus against scrambling QBs. I'm with Blast, Texans TEs will be a non-factor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s below Engram and Fant. Watson could elevate him but overall, he shouldn’t be much of a factor.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Without the crowd I don't think there is a home team advantage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben has played half his games at Heinz Field. :shrug: Who knows that playing surface better?

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Again, the Texans are not as under gunned as some make them out to be. For starters, DeShaun Watson makes the Texans less than inferior. The only reason the Texans are 0-2 is the two teams they faced. Never mind that, Bill O Brian is wasting the primal years of Watson. The only major acquisitions have been Laremy Tunsil and moving Tytus Howard to Right Tackle. Granted, that has not been as productive as one would hope but Tunsil is still not a Left Tackle one should sleep on.

Second, J.J. Watt has returned and he is just as good as he was before. Granted, I do not see the same cataclysmic power that he used to have. That said, this does not make him a middle of the road Defensive Player. He still provides impact. Whitney Mercelius and Justin Reid are rock solid pieces; Bednarik Mckinney and Zach Cunningham the same.

Overall, this game will be much closer than others believe. For Pittsburgh to win, James Conner and the Rushing Attack have to get to a fast start. If not, prepare for another heart stopping finish. I am keeping my original prediction.

Steelers: 28

Texans: 27

6. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Any team that has Deshaun Watson is never a guarantee win. Especially being 0-2 and desperately needing a win I'm expecting the Texans to pull it out unfortunately

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

There is a reason why the Texans traded two firsts to get him. For that matter, heading into that draft, there was a reason why so many people had Watson as the number one graded QB. He has everything a QB should have minus arm talent. On top of that, he will fight you to the death.

The closest thing the NFL has seen to Big Ben in my opinion.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Actually if forced to take the dive I would swim from Anglesea, NJ. I live 5 minutes from there. Wife and I got a kick when we saw your post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    How do you judge games they "should of" won?

In 2010, the Patriots went 14-2, and lost to the 5-11 Browns. They lost twice to the Jets (including the home playoff game).
    In 2014 (when they won the SB), the Pats lost 4 games, including 3 to teams 8-8 or 9-7.
    Those seem like games they "should of" won.

Some people here think that if a team is favored, they should win every time (even if the team is only slightly favored).
    If the Steelers play 3 games where they are a 2:1 favorite, I expect them to lose 1 of those 3 games, even though they "should of" won all of them.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Actually the Pat fans probably thought they should have won every game. I know the talking heads always did.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston will be desperate, I expect a close game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Houston is a good team. There's no such thing as a gimme when the Steelers are involved, but if there was, this wouldn't be it.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's funny! England, Wales, what's the difference they are both third world countries.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    When did Wales become a country again?

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Exactly!

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    1542, I think.

The United Kingdom is the sovereign country. Wales and England are countries within it. And Great Britain is the landmass.

How we conquered half the world when couldn’t even settle on a single name, I’ll never know...

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015