1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chase Claypool aka

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Sep 20, 2020.

1. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He should be playing about 6 more snaps a game at the receiver position, he is getting the results, the 2 tight end set is keeping him on the bench.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Maple Leaf reference perhaps ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He's a down right animal on special teams, man does he get down there, and he's not some 5'10" guy trying to tackle you either.

Plus throw in the offensive bonuses, I guess the training camp praise was warranted. All the Steelers defensive backs were talking him up all training camp.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I truly believe the FO loves and wants to keep JuJu! Last year hurt him. This year he is showing his value to the team and deserves a really nice contract..... BUT...

The NFL is alienating the fans and the fans are leaving and the CAP will most likely go down and the owners cash flow is dropping.

The Steelers rely on the cap going up to keep their cap managed.... any drop will drastically hurt our ability to work the cap!!

The math most likely won’t work out for JuJu and he’ll need to leave to get his money.

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I admit... I wanted Dobbins for the 2nd round pick. Claypool looks like he's going to be a great WR for the Steelers. But... Dobbins looks like he's gonna be good for the Ravens. Our WR depth is better than our RB depth. After watching Snell fumble (twice) and Samuels not do much... RB depth may come back to bite us.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Who honesty cares if Dobbins is good for Baltimore?! Are you indirectly implying Pittsburghs Run Defense will be average by the time we face him?! I like our chances as they stand currently.

8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It isn't fans being alienated that is the issue with the cap and cash flow. It is covid and fans not being in the stadiums that is the problem.

9. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I think this discussion is moot until we get an OC who one, knows how to get a TE open, and two has some imagination. IMO, the Steelers have the worst set of coordinators of the supposed "better teams". And yes, it is time for change at HC.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Its Both..... But I feel you know that but just want to start something.

Covid has nothing nothing to do with rating dropping And rating determine TV Money AND TV Money is the driving factor in Cap Money!!!

Stop looking for a fight

Cajun

11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm not looking for a fight. I just think you are wrong in what you said. The cap problems are due to the lack of revenue from selling tickets. The cap would be absolutely fine if there were fans in stadiums as per usual.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/7/23/21335270/nfl-salary-cap-revenue-loss-coronavirus

"The NFL is going to lose revenue as multiple teams have already announced they won’t have fans at games this year."

"The players would prefer to make up for lost revenue by borrowing from future years, especially those beyond 2022, when new TV deals are expected to increase revenues."

If declining ratings or interest (from alienating fans) were the issue then they would not expect increased revenues from the next TV deal.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I certainly wanted Dobbins with the pick as I saw Conner as I jury prone and this was likely his last season anyways. We obviously did see RB as a need as took one in the 4th.

So certainly before the draft and even the night if Round 2 I wanted Dobbins. However, Claypool was right there in my prospect pool at that pick and I was likely pretty quick to start cheerleadering the pick. It was obvious then and now that Claypool suffered from terrible QB play at ND. He sure looks like he should have been a 1st round pick.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I wanted Dobbins also. In hindsight, the rb position can be filled adequately in later rounds or cheaper in fa.

14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers needed RB more than WR. This is not the first time the first draft pick was confusing initially. Colbert and company have been more right than wrong. There is no other team who drafts WRs better than the Steelers....and it's not even close. Claypool will be great....he will have to be, because Juju is gone in March 2021.

15. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I wanted Robbins also. I also did very little Pre-draft analysis this year and need just a little about Claypool..... when the pick was made I was a bit upset we didn’t go with Robbins but leaned into the fact The Steelers did their homework.

cajun

16. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    There were some FA RB I wanted !!!

Cajun

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Well..

Just answered your own concern then!

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I didn't ask any questions. I made declarations.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I said concerns. Not questions.

Not the point either. Your declarations were already the answer towards your initial confusion. That is what I was getting at.. Furthermore, as you said, Claypool will be great.

So again, your declaration shows you believed in Claypool long after Baltimore drafted Dobbins.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like his enthusiasm.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Except when Conner is out again and Benny fumbles again. Dobbins does have as many TDs as Jonathon Taylor and claypool together. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would still take Claypool, he's a mismatch for defenses, the Steelers haven't even targeted him much yet.

23. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need more football's to go around. Such a problem to have.:cool: