1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Complaints Already??????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I just find it funny in sports, that it feels like every team's fan base have some fans that expect their team to go undefeated. After what the Steelers went through last season in 2019 with that offense, and starting the season 0-2, seeing the Steelers start off 2-0 and have back to back 26 point games, I am really happy. News flash, the Steelers have flaws. Just like all the other 31 NFL teams. Of course some team's flaws are worst than others, but it's still flaws regardless. The last time I checked, only the 1972 Miami Dolphins and the 2007 New England Patriots had a undefeated regular season, and only the 1972 Dolphins actually won the Super Bowl that season. I'm just waiting till when the Steelers lose their first game, how some of the Steelers fans will get on this forum that same or next day and bash Mike Tomlin, Big Ben, etc. Once again the Steelers have flaws, but they are 2-0, the offense looks MUCH better already, and the defense looks scary again picking up from 2019. Of course, the Broncos game came to a "here we go again" moment, but the Steelers won the game, but I don't expect this team to go 16-0, so let's not nitpick on the Steelers, especially when THEY ARE 2-0.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What else we got to do?:shrug::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Its a message board. Just because we won doesn't mean there isn't stuff to improve upon. I am happy with how the season is going. Regardless of the scores I felt like the Steelers were clearly in control of both games. Had a few things gone differently both games would have been blowouts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I understand if people want to talk about the game in a rational manner. Some of the discussions can be informative and thought provoking. Some of the complaints are ridiculous. People come here with the same old tired nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    We have some allpro bashers in here. Glad to see them not lose a step with all the winning surrounding them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It happens my man. Do not let them get to you. Let them have their day.

The reality in which we live in is far different from theirs. If they so choose to continue to believe in their ideals, let them! More comic relief for us!! :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    2-0 navigating an already wonkey season... After Coming off a team minded wonkey season. Stay healthy keep building chemistry, work on the little things and play some situational ball and they'll be more than alright moving foreward. It is maddening they continue to boof on D at times in 3rd and long scenarios as well as continue to trot out the same tired ass O formations in 3rd and short situations. This has gone on for years and ain't going away. Inopportune whoopsies and getting cute when it ain't needed is mind wracking but every group in every other city with their favorite team experiences the same and spew the same week to week, season to season so on and so forth. Plenty to fix and plenty to be fond of moving forward. Here we go Steelers...

• Like Like x 2
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    With no preseason there is plenty to complain about but being 2-0 aint one of them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If a voice of reason cries out in the desert, does it make a sound?

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wait until they lose the first game, the board will be full of anti Tomlin threads :shrug:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I stand in front of a mirror, nude, half painted black and half gold. Candles lit, Big Bens image glowing upon me. I slowly rub oil on myself imagining, picturing how great our teams potential is. 26-16. Shock. 26-21 an even bigger shock. I clench my teeth as the electric probes send shockwaves to my body. My muscles spasm in pain. I say his name, not too loudly, but a soft whisper under my breath. “Big Ben”. More voltage is sent across my body. I’m dizzy now, and my chest feels constricted. “Big Ben... is back”. I’m seeing double and I feel faint. The image of Ben roethlisberger grows in size. I fall to my knees before him. Half because my legs can no longer support my weight, and half because I understand such a presence deserves my respect. My heart is skipping beats now due to the constant electric current. I won’t last long now. I look up and I see Ben looking down at me. He speaks to me. “Traitorson going to the cheats are why the steelers are cursed”.

Nah In all seriousness playing terrible and being 2-0 is a not a bad thing lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    There will be a Tomlin statue/shrine in Pittsburgh. Will the naysayers tear it down?

• Like Like x 1
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Never understood why people can't handle reading opinions that are different than theirs. If you don't agree with the complaints, either address them or move on.

For the record, you're not wrong and I partially agree with you. I have no issues with anything that's happened this season. We haven't played a perfect game yet, but teams rarely do. What makes me skeptical though is how many times we've either missed the playoffs, given up home field advantage in the playoffs, or lost in the playoffs because we beat ourselves against a team we should have beat or let them hang around and they ended up beating us as a result. That's due to what I view as undisciplined players, terrible play calling, misusing timeouts, etc. It's been year after year of it.

If we could have gotten back some of those terrible losses we've suffered, then perhaps we would have had better results in the playoffs. But we simply don't play consistently sound football. That is where my complaints come from. It has nothing to do with this season, but Tomlin's entire track record. I simply have no faith in that man to coach this team to a SB, regardless of the talent we have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What else is there to talk about if we are all high-fiving and patting ourselves on the backs?

Overall I'm happy, The Steelers don't ruin my day. Just healthy debate and discussion, that is all.

15. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    The sun often greets me with whispered influences of cracking a cold one... Beer goggles it is I say! Hahahahaha

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You mean, more than now?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Steeler dane

Steeler dane Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Theres nothing wrong with constrictive criticism but many here are totally irrational with the Tomlin hate, we had one poster who actually blamed Tomlin on Bens interception yesterday because 'he didn't go up to Ben and tell him to not throw an interception " thats the hate we are dealing with on this forum.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Most folks on here are legit but we do have some whiners and others who have hidden agendas. Just have to ignore the folks with hidden agendas and keep it moving.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

I expect 19-0. Anything less is unacceptable.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Nothing wrong with constructive criticism... Its when things get constrictive around here is where we all get choked up over BS.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t mind some good debate, but some of these guys have the same tired ass routines.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Ironically, you predict them to lose every week also.:huh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s not constructive criticism that anyone is against. That’s a message board. Even heated debate.

But there are a handful of idiots here that post nothing of value, just repetitive hatred. It takes away from an otherwise very good message board.

Some people’s lives are so miserable and pathetic they just want to drag company down to their level.

Thank you to you who add quality to this board.

Go Steelers

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Having read all of the above posts, and not naming anyone out of courtesy, but I think one of our board members just ain’t right. ;)

25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    During the games every other play is full of anti Tomlin posts, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2