1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Admittedly nit picky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Sep 21, 2020.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    And excuse me if this was discussed ad nauseum when he was signed. I stopped following all sports during offseason, because I didn't want to get my hopes up that they'd play with Covid going on...

But, what was the point of getting rid of Berry for Colquitt? He's obviously on the decline, and his punts yesterday reminded me of Mitch Berger. If he's kicking 30 yard line drives now in perfect weather, what's going to happen when the weather gets bad? At least he won't kick it into endzone when we punt from the 50, because he can't kick it that far.

I know this is far from our biggest issue, but it annoys me we can't get a decent punter. I feel like he was signed just because of the family history.

We're 2-0 and I'm thrilled! I guess the fact I'm complaining about punter is a good thing. Hopefully this year ends like when we actually had Berger!

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If Colquitt is from Maryland or Virginia, then SDOT has the answer as to why we did it. Otherwise, no idea. Berry wasn't all that good, but he wasn't terrible.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Colquitt has no where near the leg he used to have, but he still has the ability to locate his punts more consistently than berry ever did

• Agree Agree x 1