1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2-0 it feels good

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 20, 2020.

1. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Feels like one of the weaker 2-0 starts..... but really, I'd rather end the season strong..... with a run in the playoffs!!!! I was rather disappointed in how we left Denver's backup QB stay in the game, we should be able to put away inferior teams with backup QB's. I'm hoping the slow start has more to do with no pre-season and limited training camp.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Maybe not if our OL was healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The Steelers hurt themselves all day with sloppy football but it wasn't because they weren't the clear better team: They left 10+ points on the field with stupid turnovers. Benny Snell’s fumble was mainly unforced and Ben’s interception was forced on his end; he had an hour to throw and should have thrown it away. Those turnovers led to Bronco touchdowns... a small tweak or two and Pittsburgh wins by 15-20 points. Give it some time. 2-0 is 2-0.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    To be completely honest, the Steelers' defense played sloppy, especially in coverage, but a number of terrible third-down penalties doomed the defense and extended drives that were stopped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Picking nits in a 2-0 start is a lot more fun than what we've had to start the last couple of years. Just keep stacking wins. Save the rolling part for when we get closer to the playoffs.

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    2-0 feels good. Heck We didn't get 2 wins until week 6 last year.

So we are ahead on that.

Bad part is you look at the Ravens and say dang. They are as complete as you get as far as offense, defense, and special teams.

Good thing is I don't think the Steelers will fear them. But, your going to have to play a perfect game or hope they mess up, if your going to beat them.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Pressure is always on, got to keep pace with Baltimore.

• Like Like x 2
  8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Starting 2-0 puts the Steelers in a great spot to make the playoffs. It means they only gotta go 7-7 the rest of the season to go 9-7 which will probably be good enough to get in. And looking at this schedule the Steelers definitely have more then 7 wins left on their schedule. It’s great to start fast out of the gate and not have to play catch up late in the season.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Several teams on the upcoming schedule are better than the Broncos with a backup QB. The Broncos exposed a lot of warts on both sides of the ball. Ravens twice could be 2 losses, Browns are better than the Broncos at this point.... Bills, Colts and Titans are not push overs. Jaguars could also give us fits... history has shown. Cowboys game will be close... always is, except in '04 when rookie Ben owned them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And the Steelers can get better, they're just as good or better than those teams.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    My goal is to be 6-0 headed into Baltimore for a showdown! 2-0 means 1/3 of way there.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Just keep stacking wins :herewego!:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Agreed all I see is loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    We all knew the offence was going to be rough with Ben coming back, 2-0 is just fine and I expect improvement on both sides of the ball in the coming weeks and months. I think they were quite lucky to get two bad / depleted teams to start. Tbh I’d be more worried if they were blowing teams out because it’s hard to sustain that over a season. Winning while playing badly is a very good thing, it is no harm to dampen the hype that was building around the team as well.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Harumph. Hey we didn't get a harumph from that guy.:cool:

16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Just as good or better than the Ravens? I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Give the governor a harumph!"

• Like Like x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Objectively they are about 10th best team right now but definitely can improve

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    It's hard to say what the season will look like because players are tearing ACLs and Achillies' at a record pace right now.

....and the Browns are still the Browns

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Sounds about right. ESPN had the most realistic power ranking for the Steelers... at #11, but there were 2 (1-1) teams ahead of them. 9th best is most accurate at this point, IMO.

Cbssports.com and NFL.com have the Steelers at #4. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea #4 is silly. If we go 4-0 then yea sure lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The Athletic had the Steelers at #4 after week 1 as well. Seems exceptionally generous given what we have watched. I was listening to one of the NFL podcasts in the car today and they said that the Ravens, Chiefs and Steelers now stood alone as the powerhouses in the AFC, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I’ll bet these guys haven’t even watched the games.

If they stay injury free and Ben gets more comfortable I think they can be a very very good team but some of the praise the talking heads are lavishing on them is beyond ridiculous. I hope the players don’t start listening to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They don't need to be better than the Ravens, just split the two games, and just get into the playoffs even if it as a wildcard.

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Browns will continue to do Browns things. That said, using both Hunt and Chubb is not a bad way to win. However, Washington is up at bat for them next.

Chase Young is the real deal. By far and away the best Pass Rusher I have scouted in the past decade. Better than Garrett. Better than Bosa. Heck, better than Clowney even. Chase Young truly has no weaknesses in his game.

Jedrick Willis Jr. will have his hands full for certain. Nevermind Chase though. Da'Ron Panye, Johnathan Allen and Montez Sweat are all HELL RAISERS in their own right. Together, that unit is as good as the 2019 49ers thus far.

25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    You don’t have to worry about that because we are not even in the same zip code

But it’s early and I’ll hope for improvements