1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Broncos gameday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 20, 2020.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    maybe you should pay closer attention. 7 sacks, 2 take aways, and 21 points allowed will win you a lot of football games. Was it perfect? Absolutely not. We killed ourselves with some iffy penalties, but I’m sure as hell not going to complain.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The last year we went 13-3 it seemed we had a lot of ugly wins.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ugh....

True. That said, I do not remember many of them like this!! Like I said, I will take the win.

4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    When they post the season standing, there are no asterisks for ugly wins. A win is a win

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats rough. Barkley is a good guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ohhhh that might cost him :lolol:

7. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    And let’s not ignore the (once bearded) elephant in the room:

how many of us one year ago would have believed that a year after the elbow injury, that #7 would have 5 Td passes and a 2-0 start? How much better off is this team from last year after the first 2 games ?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m really good about not shouting because I have a dog afraid of his shadow but I sent him into hiding for a week on that play.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Exactly!!!

How soon we forget. Lol.

We are heads and tails ahead of where we were last season. Ben looks like Ben. Even with a bad Ben throw or two we are lightyears ahead of where we would be with the deer and the duck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    LJ Fort just scored a touchdown for the Ravens. Lmao.

That team is tenacious and just so damn talented.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I mean they had to have an AB stretch at the buzzer to win against Baltimore!

Also that Bell touchdown that was all effort!

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He would have been a nice guy to have around this year with his development. Can’t keep em all though.

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Things just did not click for him here. Rather, his style of play did not match what Pittsburgh wanted him to do. I am happy though he is flourishing elsewhere! :)

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Could be worse... Could’ve been up 29-10 and lose 39-40 for not recovering an onside lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Correct.

Roger Goodell probably is not going to like this though. That said, if I am Vince, to heck with the consequences. Tell it like it is.

Do not let these refs off the hook.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

It is indeed.

Like him a lot. It is sad to see a talent like him rot in New York though. Rather, Dave Gettleman seeing to it anyway; Jason Garrett doubly so.

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    And 540 passing yardage.

And to think people want the Duck under center.;)

19. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Feel bad for Barkley, I really like him as a player and he seems to be a great guy.

I also have him on my board fantasy team, going to be a struggle now!

20. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm going to keep saying it until I'm proven wrong. Not "told" I'm wrong, but proven.

This isn't a championship defense until our secondary can cover. This secondary has gotten embarassed by second tier qb's two weeks in a row. And with a decent offensive showing today, we we're in jeapordy of losing the game late in the fourth. The better teams in the league won't be so forgiving.

I know some of you think being 2-0 is all that matters. Sorry to tell you that no team ever made the playoffs, let alone won the super bowl, with only two wins. They mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if we can't beat good teams.

Right now, this team has proven that they can find ways to not lose games we should win. That's an improvement over the past few years, because these two games were games we probably would have lost in the past. So we're a better team. That's encouraging.

But better doesn't win championships.

I don't care about going undefeated. I care about winning another championship before Ben hangs them up. And this team hasn't proven they are ready to compete against the big boys yet. Not saying they can't or won't. Just saying they don't pass the smell test right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm as aware of the game stats as you, but thanks for the concern. Also, I'm as satisfied as everyone else that they won the game but, to suggest that your coaching staff should get a free pass is disingenuous. Many times coaching needn't be brought into the discussion. But sometimes it does. If you think for a moment that some of the mental errors and bad clock management/poor use of the review rule are simply abominations, then I don't know what to tell you. Oh, and before you attack me for being anti-HCMT, I have never been nor am I now of the opinion that he needs to be replaced. However, his teams have a well documented history of underachieving against mediocre to bad teams and if you didn't realize that then maybe you're the one that needs to play closer attention.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The secondary was terrible today. Haden's interception was a ball the receiver should have caught. The Broncos lost their quarterback and their top receiver during the game, and the Steelers still couldn't get a stop late until the Broncos blew a blocking assignment on that last fourth-down play.

The offense isn't without blame for making this one close, too. Roethlisberger's interception was just a stupid throw and Snell now has two fumbles in two games.

That said, I will happily take 2-0 right now.

• Like Like x 2
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Paging Dr Buzzkill

24. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    KC struggled today and barely won. Their game had some similarities to our game. Somehow that makes me feel better.

A shame Texans could not compete at home against Ratbirds.

Oh well. We won. Good enough for now.

• Like Like x 2
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    League wide defense kinda sucks. Most teams that were elite last year are giving up a ton of points this year.

In today’s nfl it favors scoring.

Steelers are 2-0. I’ll take another ugly win the next week