1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pouncey to remove sticker on the back of helmet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Sep 17, 2020.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I said it in another thread that got locked, and I don't want to see it happen again here. But put whatever name you want on your helmet... only 1 rule. They were not being arrested for a crime.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    This whole movement(s) that the league along with others sports leagues and other platforms feed off of what you just said! People are being emboldened to make others feel bad for **** they never had a part in to begin with. Their way or the highway whilst not addressing a single damn spot lighted issue according to their mantra.

Maddening... We are reduced to emboldened idiots yelling in our faces and toppling our served tables/drinking from our cups and yinz can't do **** because thats how they want it. Happens daily across the nation. Recently in da Burgh and its ****ing sad!

Yet we fight because we don't see it.

3. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Put "Steelers" back on the helmet and put this issue to rest. If the team can't be 100% unified on the subject, then that's the only option. This is why politics should stay off the football field, it doesn't help, it only divides and gives the media ammunition.

The Steelers honored an accessory to a drive-by shooting. Let that one sink in your heads.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Agreed 100% follow the money, that's why we are where we're at across the board. Far bigger than our team or the sport. Just another entity financing current acceptable hype and pushing more rhetoric in attempt to stay relevant. Relevancy was and never mattered but the money speaks so phony indoctrination rules the field and with consequences.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Can’t wait until we beat the Broncos...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Kudos to Pouncey & AV. Some things are bigger than team unity. NFL's current ways of drumming up a change for the better is lacking. Piss poor effort on their part. Where's the name of black lives that mattered before being killed by some criminal in their neighborhood? Where's the black on black violence infesting their neighborhoods outrage? The whole movement is zeroing in on the least significant path to a better tomorrow. :frown new:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Been meaning to ask who is that on your avatar

8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It's amazing to me that anyone cares at all what football players think on any subject unrelated to football. Obviously they are people and have opinions and things they are passionate about.... That's fine, I don't care... if they want to kneel , good let them...if they want a name on their helmets or a tattoo on their arms or what ever it is to express what they think - let them... who cares. Since when were humans not allowed to express themselves? that's what makes us human. People get pissed off that a player has an opinion different than their own...get a nookie or suck your thumb if you are that insecure. If you don't like it ignore it.

As long as it's with in the rules of the game why does anyone care? The anti kneelers that cry like unstable children just need to take off the diapers and grow up. you really can't deal with others having different opinions? As an adult you should have the ability to respect or at least ignore others views as long as they aren't hurting anyone. Talk about snow flakes. These people that claim not to watch because it's too political - I call BS. The ratings are down because the quality of the game is bad. The horrible officiating and new rules outlawing the violence of the game is why the ratings are down....oh and all the damn commercials. Enough of the commissioner , enough of the owners fighting for the cameras. Player's personalities have always been what the NFL is about...that and competitive violence. These snow flakes that get butt hurt cause some player celebrates... they obviously didn't watch during the 70's and 80's because those players were maniacs and they were violent, dirty, and angry and they showed it. That's what built the NFL.

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Rooney Mara. Great-granddaughter of my hero the Chief. She is also family of the Giants founder, some dude named Tim Mara. The one Rooney I would like to meet the most since Dan has passed. :hehehe:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    This new Rooney is nothing like his old man or grandfather. That much is for sure

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I like my girls tomboyish.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    George Floyd was being arrested for committing a crime.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But how can you ask all the players to be together on such a polarizing issue? I am all about team no matter what I do, but I know I would damn sure not put a name on my helmet just because "upstairs" wants to play an ugly game totally outside of football.

"Upstairs" should never have put the edict out to the players in the first place and they are the ones who need to take responsibility for the fallout......but they won't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And I would not have expected him to be the one to do this. Good for him!

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Steelers

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And that's the ugly part of this. I know that the owners are motivated by financial pressure, which is motivated by politic pressure, which is dispensed by the medial but how could the owners NOT see that this was an open flame in a dynamite warehouse?

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You think trying to shut it down wasn’t going to be even worse?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Shut what down?

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ah ok the girl with the dragon tattoo. I prefer her sister lol

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Or both?:huh:

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No kneeling or nothing written on the field last night in the Cleveland - Cinci game I heard. Hmmmm. Hitting the pocket books of the nfl? All of these guys are college educated, privileged people they're whole lives because they are good athlete's. Quit with the I didn't know crap. Would the wear Charlie Manson on they're helmets? Oh, I didn't know. Give me a break. Get woke go broke just like baseball and the nba. Just like the kneeling caused ratings to go down with the money, and pissed people off about how it dishonored vets the next season there were service members honored at every single game. The NFL is such a joke and so is art2. Steelers, I'm pretty disgusted with you. Just play football you overpaid bunch of aholes and owners. Selling the seating license and seats after 50+ years. AV:applaud:, pouncey:applaud: :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    100% great post!

I will take a minor exception.....although these guys may have gotten a college diploma, that doesn't mean they were educated.

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Somehow, I don't see this kind of thing happening in Bakersfield.

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    <edit>

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I have an AWESOME basket woven by a former NFL player.

• Like Like x 1