1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With Bud Dupree playing well...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Sep 15, 2020.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    (and the fact that some people can't seem to deal with it) now all attention is being turned to Edmunds.

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    my attention was always on Edmunds.... my advice to every QB on the schedule... when in doubt.. throw it at 34

Now make me eat my words Edmunds.. nothing would make me happier

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Edmunds is really bad. Such a shame he couldn’t develop

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Dude is like a terminator but doesn’t know what to do

5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    The TOMLIN affect

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No Steelers Sophomore player has ever let me down like Terrell Edmunds has. Not Rashard Mendenhall. Not Shamarko Thomas. Heck, not even Jarvis Jones.

I had such high hopes after a very solid Rookie Season. He let me down so much in 2019. 2020 seems to be the same reoccurring theme. The fact that he was being victimized is not good at all. It will not get any easier either.

Next up is the Denver Broncos. Jerry Jeudy was the highest ranked Receiver on many Draft Boards. His Route Running skills are very seldom seen and unimaginably rare at that. This is not accounting for the ascension of Noah Fant either.

Terrell is going to get tested early and often. Not good!!

NOT.

GOOD.

AT.

ALL!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Selecting Edmunds in the first round was a huge mistake. I said so from the moment they took him. I really wish he had proven me wrong, but that is not happening. He is okay against the run, but that's it. He does not make big plays, but he constantly gives them up. Steelhack is right. Opposing offenses should throw at him as much as possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Clear cut Tomlin pick and a bad one at that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm hoping Dupree continues to look this good but it is only one game. Edmunds issue isn't his ability, it is that he doesn't understand the game. Safeties have to really understand offensive formations and what their responsibility is based on those formations. He is often out of position but he is a tremendous athlete so he can at least get to a spot and make a tackle. Dupree looks like he is trying to get a massive payday as this will be his last season. I'm hoping this just isn't the result of playing against a rookie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Only one game? What were you living under a rock last year or something ?
    He kicked ass last year. Guess you missed that huh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I know where is the Bud Love?

He was a total beast this week. That was the most dominating I have ever seen him. Can't wait to see what he does against Denver.

I really had him pegged as one of the players that would take a step back this year because of all the down time. Looks like he spent all his free time hitting the gym and getting in shape!

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bud did what he was suppose to do, schooled a rookie. He has some harder matchups coming up. Setting the edge & getting to the qb is his job. We're all infatuated because he is finally doing his job. :clapping:
    Let's see some strip the ball sacks or punch a fumble from a run on his side. Carry on with being a dominate linebacker Bud. Show up big time against the Rats, Clowns, Bungholes. Earn an allpro nomination. Our system has opened the door for you. Money is there waiting for such a disruptive force. Leave it all on the field.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He was doing those things you mentioned last year. He’s carried that over to this year. He finally puts it all together after struggling early in his career and some of you guys for some reason can’t seem to handle it.
    Seems like some people are more concerned with being right than seeing the Steelers have success.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bud looked good. Don't blame edmunds. The whole defensive backfield was abused. We sold out with the front 7 blitzing to stop Barkley and getting pressure that it left a lot of field open to cover. My fears of Vince trailing the rb across the field were on full display. Sure Vince got a sack but nobody touched him either. I could have made that play. It had nothing to do with skill. We went the house on most plays against the run and pass. It left way too much open space to cover when it didn't get there. Bush was a non factor in the second half. His coverage has not improved either. Butler's scheme for this game worked for a win but it wasn't player friendly for our dbs.:cool:

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm not giving up on him yet. I think the influence of Fitz combined with the pressure from Bub and TJ will give him every opportunity to improve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Welcome to 2020:drinks: I think Bud's increased pressure last year and Monday night are the result of having a slightly more reliable secondary with Fitz back there.

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    One year wonder +1 game. Not too much math involved. Hopefully he has put it altogether, I'm rooting for him. The guy concerned about being right lets us know consistently. Jump on the bandwagon Glenn, I'm not there yet but Sunday looked promising.

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But wouldn't you agree that Bud is being used slightly different now that Fitz is back there? And maybe this is the role where the guy can excel?

I though Glenn was the bandwagon:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers olb's with 3 years starting that made a probowl in our blitzberg scheme:
    Watt
    Harrison
    Woodley
    Porter
    Gildon
    C. Brown
    Greene
    Lloyd
    Merriweather
    Ham
    Russell

Steelers olb's with 3 years starting that have not made a probowl in our blitzberg scheme:
    Dupree
    Haggans
    Hinkle

Yeah, Bud is due at $16mil

Edit: only went back to when the Steelers started winning in the 70s.

2nd edit: the bar is high for an olb that plays for the Steelers

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Edmunds was just a bad pick if you wanted a cover guy .. He is to big and to slow to be a coverage Safety .He has value as a run stopper and can play well in the box.. The DC needs to find a way to keep him near the LOS most of the time or match him up 1 on 1 with the TE ..

• Like Like x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He can’t cover TEs either. Not sure we have anyone that can lol

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

That's his best shot of someone to cover .. I have not seen him at the LOS in bump and run coverage ...Surely if we chip the TE with a DL or LB Edmunds could smash a TE at the 5 yard mark and disrupt the route ...

• Like Like x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If you compare the number of games he has done well vs not done well, I can understand people not having total confidence just yet. 4 yrs vs 1. I am sure you didn't missed all of those initial years right? I remember seeing posts that he was a bust on here if my memory serves me right. So, its understandable to be cautiously optimistic as the sample size grows. Looking good lately though.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    To be fair most of these guys you mentioned we’re allowed to learn before being thrown into the fire. Bud wasn’t afforded that luxury.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    ??? I gave him 2 years as a starter. Well 1, he was injured one year.

I do hope he gets to the probowl this year. If he makes allpro he'll get Watt type money in Cleveland...lol