1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers D wowzers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by troybellringer55, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I honestly believe that the league will have Jackson figured out this yea and I like our D better than theirs.

The Browns can make anyone look good:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Wut?

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Hoo

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m saying those bums have a better defense and offense but I think with a healthy Ben the Steelers can go further in the playoffs than the ravens

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    The middle of the field seemed awfully wide open at times, but that is my only complaint. Solid week 1 effort.

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think this was simply the result of a game plan that focused primarily on Barkley.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    A better run game yeah. Snell is just warming up & we let them have Dobbins this year because they will need him, Claypool would be just a decoy in Baltimore. Lamar will be lights out again but Ben will hold the AFCN crown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    That & Edmunds is in the middle.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The only thing The Gayvens have better, Us a Coach...And that <edit> kicker

Mod Edit

11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If we force teams to throw, we'll lose more than we win. Right now, our secondary is a HUGE liability. Haden has a dark cloud over his head and it is raining yellow handkerchiefs. He's going to get called for PI if he tugs at his own jersey. Nelson and Edmunds are lost. Lost. Bush is not ready to drop in zone coverage. He gets looked off his spot far too easily. All that can improve, though. And it better.

I said it last season while oh so many were creaming over this defense...it's not complete. The front 7 is stout and with a healthy Tuitt will make life miserable for running backs.

But, if our front can't disrupt timing or, better yet, the qb, our weak secondary is going to get exposed, big time. And the Giants won't be the last offense to wear us out with loooong, sustained drives. TJ was noticeably gassed on the last drive and had nothing left in the tank to do anything but run wide.

This isn't a superbowl defense until we get better play from the secondary. If the Giants can put up 13 on us (the first field goal doesn't count) while holding Barkley to single digit rushing yards, what do you think the better passing teams will do?

I'm still excited and optimistic for our season BECAUSE OF the defense. I'm just not happy with it as a whole. And I'm sure someone is going to challenge me with numbers. Just understand that numbers can be used to tell both sides of a story.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Man, I hope you're right. Because we SUUUUCKED in pass coverage. We made Jones look like the second coming of Brady.

Speaking of Brady...the only thing better than watching him struggle, whine, and lose on a Sunday is watching Arians throw him under the bus after the fact. Arians is no dark hoodie. He's brutally honest. Tommy is also finding out that it's harder to win games in the NFL without cheating.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    My fear is Claypool will play well until December, when he hits the "rookie wall." It happens more often than not.

14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    The gameplan was supposed to stop Barkley and it did... 6 yards lol. That first td happened because our safety was cheating. I expect the secondary to shore up besides edmunds of course

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think USA Today has us ranked #4 in power rankings. That is quite high. Ok, we showed potential what we can do, but consider who we beat.

Our defense should be great, however I want to see the offense fully click. Still worried about our run game.

16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree 4 is too high. With a healthy Ben we should be ranked around 7 and I want it to stay that way lol.

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think we are better than them on defense. An offense that actually scores points makes the defense`s job easier and therefor stat better. We will see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Let's wait till we play some decent teams before passing judgment on this defense. I still saw the issues that has plagued this defense for several years now:

- we cannot protect the middle of the field. Even the horrible giants were making plays over the middle. This has prevented us from winning playoff games for a long time now. How many times has Brady destroyed us because of this very issue?

- we shoot our selves in the foot way too often w/ mental mistakes. The giants were in position to win this game until the 4th quarter. They could arguably be the worst team in the league. Sloppy football has been Tomlin's MO for a very long time. JuJu doesn't recover that fumble and that game easily could have ended differently.

Not saying these issues haven't been resolved, just saying it's week 1 vs a horrible giants team. Lets settle down. Overall I loved what I saw. Especially Ben. Last year we lose that game easily because our QB's could not execute basic college plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Dobbins has a rookie wall also. Depending on playing time I think Dobbins wall will be more significant in December. The BIG question is Ben, will he be playing in December?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Giants worse team? Doubt that. I think browns will be worse. Giants have a great D line and I think Daniel jones can play pretty well. Our defense flustered him in the end zone and he should’ve threw it away but made a mistake. They have awful run blocking though

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I was too, especially his completion to TJ. All kidding aside, he will be pretty good with the right personnel around him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s a good qb way better than our backups lol

23. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Edmunds is awful. That was a terrible pick then and now.

24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It was a bad reach. I don't think he is bad as he is made out to be. If you took him Round 2 or 3 fans wouldn't be as harsh on Edmunds.

His brother for the Bills is an awesome player.

Bad part Steelers could of drafted Lamar Jackson, but of course every team passed on him until he got to the Ravens.

25. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

more like the ball was around Edmunds quite a bit...…….. he's being targeted