1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favorite Ex-Steeler in the league right now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Sep 25, 2012.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was just watching some of the Titans/Lions replay and I was watching Nate Washington play and I thought "huh I really liked him when he was here". And just in case anyone says Willy Gay you will forever be banished from Steeler Nation. LOL. But who is your guys favorite Ex-Steeler in the league right now?

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Carnell Lake coaching our Db`s...
    Ohhh, wait... Maybe not, "RIGHT NOW", but, in general,...
    And isn`t Mean Joe, with the team in some scouting/advising capacity?
    Pretty sure he showed up at camp, in some "official" capacity... my memory ain`t what it used to be...
    I was gonna say Alan Faneca, but he didn`t seem to be with the J.E.T.S., when we beat them 2 weeks ago...
    I was really rooting for Thaddeus Gibson, a linebacker from O.S.U., that I think the Redskin`s picked up, but havent seen on the field..
    So, I guess my vote would go for John Kuhn, over in Green Bay, if he still plays for them. He was kickin some butt last year. Haven`t heard his name this year.. But, then again, I don`t follow the Pack, too closely...
    Is Krieder still active with anyone? I`m thinkin he is retired by now, but, he is one of the last ones we let get away, that I really missed...

4. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Coaching - Kevin Greene

Playing - Santonio Holmes

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He was second for me.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    John Kuhn is super popular in Green Bay and still plays every game.

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, probably Santonio for me too. There really aren't that many out there right now!

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I know! That's what I was thinking when I thought about putting a thread up for this. It's actually kinda hard to do when you think about it. Am I to assume that since noone has said Nate Washington that he did'nt really have a lot of fans? I really thought he was a pretty dependable guy for us and not a big drama queen either.

9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He dropped passes at the same rate as Limas Sweed, except he couldn't get as open as easily and he did it over an extended period of time. He made some plays here and there, but dependable is the last word I'd use for him. He wasn't a drama queen I guess, but he was never higher than 3rd on the depth chart. It'd be kind of weird if he was. He frustrated me more often than not and I was not a fan.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I guess I've just grown to think of him as a solid role player in my mind. I remember he had a game against the Rams where he had 3 tds. Wasn't that against the Rams? He got a good payday too so I wouldn't say that he really sucked ya know but I don't begrudge us getting rid of him. I just kinda like him and think it's great to see him making plays in TN. He was never a guy whose jersey I would buy but I like him a lot more than Plaxico for sure.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Probably Kuhn for me. I remember really wanting us to hold on to him when he was in camp, and happy to see him develop into the player he has.

Unless he's lining up against us, and then I hate him.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Trai Essex .. haha .. Colts just released him so I guess he is available

Bman

13. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Wow- No Bruce Arians or William Gay? I am shocked!

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I really liked Jerry Oslavsky (completely butchered that)....but he is a coach so....

A former Steeler player.....I guess I will go with Nate Washington. I dont have anything against him and he was solid for us while he was here.

16. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    M Moore GREAT 3rd down back and can be a sport starter always made plays had a TD for the Colts Sunday