1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Switzer has been released

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If we're arguing over the 4th-5th WR and 4th-5th RB... We're in great shape

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Totally agree. I just don't understand the hatred for the guy though. He was never going to be even a #3 but he did his job that he was asked to do and put the work in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I have been as critical as anybody, but I don't hate Switzer. I just didn't like seeing the Steelers waste a roster spot on him last season.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    So Switzer hasn't joined anywhere yet. I find this odd.

I get that we went with Ray Ray because he has more ST value, but Switzer is good enough to be on an NFL roster.

I know he is very close personally with Ben. Is he just gonna hang out hoping to land back with the Steelers ?

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And he hasn’t tweeted a single thing yet, he’s not known for keeping silent.

You figure he would have made some type of comment, a thank You for the opportunity or just have to keep working, I’ll show the haters wrong, something like that :lolol:

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think the Steelers told him to go home and lay low, they'll have him back on the roster by week 3.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I wonder how he would do in the CFL. A few players have taken that route to playing significant snaps in the NFL.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Go to YouTube and watch McFarland’s game vs. Ohio State. I don’t know what his timed speed is, but he has football speed.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Maybe, but I doubt he's done in the NFL. I think there will be a need for extra players with experience throughout the league this season. More than usual. (hope i'm wrong)

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Switzer is not good enough to be on an NFL roster, as no longer has an upside. He is not going to get any better and everyone now knows that.

Teams love keeping those young guy that have potential to get better. Eventually your ceiling catches up with you and people start realizing you are not going to get any better. Steelers hoped that Switzer could fill a void and become a good return man, that his WR skills would improve. I for one did not see any improvement in his game last year, and I bet the Steelers did not see any improvement this training camp.

The Steelers just signed 2 WRs to the practice squad that have potential, where Switzer's potential was maxed out 2 years ago.

11. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    The CFL is canceled this year. Switzer never impressed, so he's been replaced. Maybe someone somewhere will get injured and he'll get a chance, but at this point, it's obvious he's not much of an NFL player.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    At least now he will have time to get the taste of Ben's ass out of his mouth. Seriously though, I liked the kid but he was never the same after he hurt his shoulder.:cool:

13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If Johnson can't go on Monday; is Switzer the next man up?

Would you go into Monday night with only 4 healthy WRs? Activate Caine?

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw that too. I’m more inclined to believe that than one anonymous ST coach spouting off in 3 years of Switzer being in the league. Would be more stories than that out there about him. Also, would be a lot of players not making rosters if being cocky gets you eliminated from consideration. That coach sounds like he is full of ****.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    'Sources say'......

• Like Like x 1
  18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco.

I hope all is well.

Funny brother, for sure. Yeah, like what is the point? If we ever get down that low on the chart we are in trouble. Maybe the 4th as I see it can be a point of conversation. The starting four in all probability: JuJu, Washington, Johnson and Claypool. I am pumped about our "Pass Catchers".

Now for the TEs: McDonald and Ebron.

The RB "Catchers": Samuels (Great Check-Down) and Conner who has reliable hands.

As I stated before, I am disappointed to see Whyte gone. Loved his speed. Have to see what McFarland brings to the "Show". Back to Whyte, I have not seen too much conversation about him here. Probably righteously so. However, I believe he was the fastest guy on the team. As I have stated several times, his speed (10.5 secs./100 m.) is cruising. If you know me, then you know my infatuation with "Speed".

I have entertained the thought numerous times at maybe a shot at KOs and PRs with Mr. Whyte. Of course, that is highly dependent on hand-reliability and opportunity. Goofdell and company wrecked the KO portion of the game for the most part as we all know for "safety considerations". What a joke!. That aspect of the game was exciting. I am curious what is the % of KOs that actually get returned nowadays?

It has become useless for the most part. With Whyte, I envisioned him taking a KO (under the old rules) and with that speed, give him a seam and let him turn on the after burners to the other end of the field. Well, and again, for the most part that aspect of the game has been kissed away by Forty-Million Dollar jerk.

Even with Fichtner, who I hope has a vivid imagination with all of these toys in the new "Play Chest". What a selection! Set plays should have been designed to get Whyte out in space, find a seam and go>>>>>>>>.

Back to Goofdell for a second, just imagine, there are people struggling to to put food on the table and pay rent and this clown makes that kind of money. For what I ask???? "Disgusting" as I say around here.

Anyway, to finish on a good note, B & G baby!

STEELWINDS
    The East Side Kid

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020