1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you expecting from Ebron?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Following along with Kaboly, Ebron has been a bright spot in camp. I think him and Ben will have a good connection, I’m just not sure how many targets he will see with so many mouths to feed. He could fill the roll he’s had the last several seasons which is producing in the red zone.

On a side note, sounds like Wallace has some regrets. Glad Ebron is feeling so comfortable though.

• Like Like x 2
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hoping he can take Heath's place as Ben's security blanket. Not the blocker Heath was, but think he's a better runner after the catch.

3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I have hope he'll be a playmaker and have between 500 and 700 yards

And I hope even if he is not good as a blocker, he will make an effort on that

4. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Around 40 catches and his career high for yards per catch (previous high was 12.1 last year).

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Blast.

I have been hyping up up our "Pass-Catchers" all off-season. Look at the Line-up:

WRs: JuJu, Washington, Johnson and Claypool.

TEs:
    McDonald and Ebron.

RBs:
    Samuels (Great hands) and Whyte. I still like this guy for his speed. I have suggested to give him a shot at KOs and PRs. Not sure about hands though. Has to be very trustworthy if given those two responsibilities. He is probably the fastest guy on the team. 10.5/100 Meter Dash. As a Track & Field Coach, I can tell you that is "blazin". I have not forgot about Conner. I just look at him as a "Runner" first and "Catcher" second. He is good though and can be depended upon to make the catch.

Mr. Fichtner has a whole lotta' toys in his "Playchest". Hopefully, he has a very sound and also creative plan for these gentlemen. All of them have very nice skill-sets. IMO, on paper, they should be giving fits to opposing defenses.

Again and IMO, I believe this is the most "Complete" team we have had in a while. Collectively we look really good.

Now Ebron specifically, I like the guy a lot. I believe him and Vance will be one of the best TE duos in the league. I think EE may have needed that proverbial "change of scenery" treatment to have his "potential" surface. We shall see. I am very optimistic though.

This is a very, very strong group. I stated this before, Collectively, we may have the best "Pass-Catching" set of guys of any roster in the League. I am psyched. We know what we have with the Defense. Again though, we all know that it comes down to Ben. From what I have heard so far it is looking good. Nonetheless, again IMO, the Brass dropped the ball on a "smart" contingency plan.

Look, I like Mason. I supported him all of last year and will continue to as long as he wears the B & G. I just feel that if Ben has any sort of interruption to his play, we will most likely see a re-run of last year's movie. I am also concerned about lost time with building Chemistry between Ben and these guys. Most of last season was lost for him. Now add in no Spring OTAs. Training Camp has been watered down. No Pre-Season games. All of this combined is not good for our Pass-Catcher's and Ben's Chemistry.

Chemistry Building takes time as we know. Ben and his guys have lost a lot prior to camp and continue to the way pre-season is set up. Prior to this current camp, Ben has never worked with Ebron, Claypool, and very minimal time with Johnson.

However, and overall, I think that the Glass is half-full.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    750 yards and 5 TDS. I think that's a solid season.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Damn Switz made fun then got cut lol

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Should Ben stay healthy all season, I expect Ebron to put up big numbers. I'll say 60 catches for 700 yards and 9 tds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Switz is probably the most crushed down in the dumps guy around the NFL today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    7 or more TDs, 500 yards would be absolutely amazing. Blocking for a successful run game also a biggie.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    50 catches I hope.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hope he makes McDonald better and as a tandem they light the league up.:cool:

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    A pro bowl along with a SB ring. Get it while the gettings good.

15. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I know what Ebron will be wearing on Monday that Switz won’t - a Steelers uniform

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He's been talking a lot so I expect a lot.

18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey TuRnDoWnForWaTT.

Remember the Ben adage from yesteryear: "We are capable of scoring thirty points per game"'.

There are only two things that I see holding this Offense back from making this a reality:

• Ben's health.

• Fichtner's ability or inability to be able to "handle" all of these dynamic tools in the "O" play chest.

On paper, we are looking that good IMO. Really. Now it is a matter of catching up for lost time to build that chemistry. We have the arsenal I tell you. As for Ebron, "pick your poison". If he is as good as I believe, who are you going to guard? Uh? McDonald or Ebron?

Now, look at the four WRs: JuJu, Washington, Johnson and Claypool.

Now look at the "catching" RBs. Samuels (very nice hands, very reliable.) Conner is no slouch. He is a runner first but make no mistake he can catch the rock.

On paper, (I am not a fan of that term but it is reality.) we really seem to have more tools than defenses should be able to handle.

As I stated before, I am thinking that maybe Ebron became a causality of sorts to the needing a "change of scenery" syndrome. I would like to think that is the case. What better place to play than Pittsburgh. Uh? Tell me? AB regrets leaving. So does Bell and Holmes and Bryant. And others. As the saying goes you don't miss something until it is gone.

Well here is to Ben, Fichtner, chemistry and great health for all! Players, all organization personnel, fans and everybody else Pro Steelers.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Hope Ebron and McDonald can play the entire season. Seems like Steelers can't keep TEs healthy since Miller retired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey HeinzMustard.

Yes, that does seem to be a problem for McDonald. Does Ebron have a similar history? I have not followed his career that close. Those two together, healthy, plus our starting WRs and pass-catching RBs (Samuels and Conner) Just Wow!

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    At least Switzer has worn one. Can anyone in here say that? Not sure why all the hate for the guy. He was still a Steeler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Hope they go heavy tight end use with max protect for Ben. Play smart and let the defense kick some ass

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I want to see Ebron in the end zone with the ball.

24. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Because he sucks that’s why

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's the same as Rudolph. People just love to hate the guy.

• Agree Agree x 1