1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Paxton Lynch Era of Steeler Football is over....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Unless they resign him later.
    Man, if Big Ben goes down it is mighty mighty thin at QB. i don’t know if I will be able to enjoy watching games this year, worrying about whether Ben will hold up all season to the pounding.

Good time to trade for Rosen (ducks quickly).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Rosen is a FA

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Paxton couldn't beat out the Duck, it is time for him to move away from football forever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn’t even know he was on the team so I can’t get too excited about him being cut.

5. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Holy crap, I missed the Phins cutting him! Yeah, I’d give him a shot over the Duck.

6. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Me either, just being sarcastic. I don’t know why he did not make it, he seemed to have the tools and was a highly touted draft choice but did not even pan out to be a backup? He is actually pretty young yet.

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Crazy that this guy went in the first round. What a spectacular bust.

Jerry Jones was seemingly gutted that he didn’t fall to them that year, they picked Dak later in that draft instead. Lucky escape for the Cowboys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The media was down on Lynch in training camp, in their final scrimmage they said he didn't get any reps, good riddance. It's time for Lynch to get on with his life's work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    A douche, a deer, and a duck walk into a bar... sounds like the start of a joke, but nope, that's the steelers QB situation.

Been saying this for a few years now, but the FO needs to quit screwing around with these nobody losers that can't even make it as backups on other teams and invest in a real QB to replace Ben. Time is running out.

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Some of these stiffs have made me realize how lucky we were to have had Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich as back-ups over the years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    We were mighty thin even with Lynch.

12. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Rosen was signed to the Tampa Bay practice squad (and the Steelers picked Dobbs up after he was cut). This was certainly a low risk low cost move for TB. If Brady plays a year and Rosen learns from him, it could work out. If not, not the end of the world.
    Rosen is physically more gifted than Brady ever was. Wonder if he will pan out?

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When we had Charlie and Lefty we were thought to have the best BU situation in the league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Quadrupleyoi.

Lynch did not get a fair shake IMO. Thus, I really cannot make a fair assessment or opinion on moving him. Again, Mason and Duck are not ready to lead IMO. Maybe at some point but not now as i see it. What has hurt the QB position even more was no Spring OTAs an no Pre-Season games. This definitely continues to stunt their growth; even Ben's with the new guys we have brought onboard. I will continually say it. The Front office blew it big time by not "courting" Andy Dalton. Not just for the reasons above either.

Dalton is a seasoned Veteran. Excellent career stats. Excellent record against the browns and the rats. He knows our division. He was exactly what the doctor ordered given Ben's situation. Even when Ben retires Dalton could have been waiting in the wings. He is backing up Dak as it is now.

Again. some on here said we could not afford his $17 miilion dollar price tag which the cowturds got him for three. Wrong-Buzzer! Also, he did not want to be a back-up some said. Well he is, to Dak. Wrong-Buzzer again! The supposed reason he went to the cowturds was he wanted to be close to home wherever that may be, As I stated, every man has his price. He could have been courted by the Black & Gold. Very, very poor job Steelers' Brass. Very poor and very disappointing. If Ben goes down, for anytime, we will most likely see a re-run of last season's movie if we have to rely on Mason and Duck. We have about one of the most complete teams that I have seen in a long time. I am thinking about back to the 70s. This will be a real waste of talent if Ben cannot not complete the season. That is the reality as I see it folks.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

15. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    True, we never saw what he could do.
    It would be a shame to waste this roster, which is pretty solid except for the hardest position to fill, QB. I would be more comfortable with Opey Dalton as QB than Rudolph or the Duck. You can’t keep a talented roster together for long in today’s NFL, pieces start to leave in FA or get injured.

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I thought I read the Titans grabbed Rosen. Huh.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    There is no money left after paying Ben to bring in a big name backup.

I now like our backup QB position a lot more than what I see at RB. Ben, Mason and Dobbs are a good lineup; all 3 of these QBs know the Steelers playbook.

I still can't believe they only kept 5 Wrs on the active roster, but I do not knows the rules on Practice Squads this year for other teams taking players.

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    and what an era it was...I'll never forget the time he

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Quadrupleyoi.

Your Quote: "You can’t keep a talented roster together for long in today’s NFL, pieces start to leave in FA or get injured."

I stated the same exact thing in one of my other posts. Time is never on any team's side in the NFL. At some point, as you stated: "pieces start to leave....". It is inevitable. Management has to strike while the iron is hot as the saying goes. I am telling you "Q", given my nearly 50-Years of Steeler fandom, this is one of the most complete teams that I have ever seen. This is going back to the 70's.

We have a very complete "D" now. On "O" we are set. It just depends on Ben. He has to stay healthy to make all of this work. If not, our season most likely becomes a re-run movie of last year unfortunately. The reports have been good on his progress and that is great. However, any setback, short or long term transforms our Offense into mediocrity. Poor planning on Management as I have stated numerous times here both out of fact and anger. Well, here is to all of our eggs in the Ben Basket. Could have had Dalton for cheap and with no complaints.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid