1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephon Tuitt gets it

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boomer, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They were my Grandmother's favorite dance act.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I love the Christmas Spectacular, seen it 4 times.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Get people's attention, so then more people can help put pressure on the government. Exert enough pressure and the government will care. This year has proven that.

Is kneeling during the national anthem enough on its own? Of course not. But it is a way to draw attention to a serious issue or to show solidarity with people who are trying to create change in that area. Maybe the protests this year wouldn't have been so bad if people had paid more attention to Kaepernick's message.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Wait, you don't support social justice because you don't like their methods? That is what protests are supposed to do. They are supposed to make people uncomfortable. That is the way to create change. There is a reason why men like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and John Lewis kept getting arrested and it wasn't that they were doing wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't like the charades of the players. They don't even come close to what Mr. King or Mr. Lewis did or the impact they had/have on the black community. Let's see some of them put more effort into producing change.

Let's take a knee for the anthem. There, I did my part...:facepalm:
    If black lives really mattered to them why aren't they kneeling in the neighborhoods that are 100x more deadly than a football field during the national anthem? Where's the protests for the law abiding citizens killed daily in the crossfire? I'm sure Mr. King or Mr. Lewis wouldn't be paying knee service to the flag, they would be actively trying to bring about change. Kaepernick got it but taking a knee did absolutely nothing for the cause.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    MLK.jpg .
    John-Lewis-so-long-America-.jpg

Stop with the comical comparison Scribe. These two took the time to understand what the flag represents.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Exactly! And every employer has the right to terminate someone for misconduct.

It's a shame that people like this are so lacking in common sense that they lose sight of the bigger picture just because they want to hear themselves talk.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    By this logic, should the pope be removed and stripped of his accomplishments?

Should all priests be exiled?

Should all practicing Catholics be condemned?

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Scribe can't accept that while their are injustices done every day, to every race, and there has been since the beginning of time, there is only one that causes more harm than good by their incessant whining.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Are you guys serious??? You've got to be kidding me. No more warnings...

Seriously, go to Reddit or go find a news site and talk about football.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.