1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephon Tuitt gets it

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boomer, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm confused. What have they done to lose your support for the cause?

2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Love it, Tuitt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I believe animals should be treated ethically, hate the things that PETA does, but manage to still think that animals should be treated ethically. I can't help but question how much you really supported their cause if them simply kneeling during the National Anthem caused you to stop supporting it.

4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    When it comes to standing for the flag, there shouldn't be a debate to have...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe, probably, apparently?
    Pretty hard to debate.
    Unfortunately he died before he was allowed to speak (Dang attorneys) to what he did or did not do or know.
    So the conversation on he said she said is a bit one side maybe?
    They only side we heard was from people who wanted money. Maybe true? Maybe not? But certainly under suspicion.
    I don’t know the truth. Nobody does.
    I do give the benefit of the doubt to Joe Pa based on how much he loved kids. I lived near him many years ago. I know what kind of man he was. I do not believe he would knowingly let the things that allegedly happened happen if he could stop it.
    JMHO

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They continue to create controversy & racial divides. I respect their decision to kneel but am fed up with it being their swan song. Lets see them try to do something more substantial & game changing than disrespect others that have a different view of what the flag represents. Not saying that they shouldn't kneel for what they believe in but come on, it isn't much for what their cause needs. More like looking for likes on facechat or "look at me".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree with their cause but am not behind their choice of action. Their delivery hurts more people than it helps imo. So until they can come up with something other than pissing off half of america, I'm out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :th thgoodpost:

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly

It helps nothing

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If one of the Rockettes, right before the Christmas spectacular, got out, waived her arms to look at me, and started asking that we save puppies, would it be ok?

I’m in favor of saving puppies. I do save puppies. But if I go to see a Christmas spectacular I did not pay to see someone saying look at me. That Rockette should and would be fired.

A time and a place. Disrespecting the national anthem and color guard is not the time or place. And no, it’s not freedom of speech. That’s :bscow: from uneducated people who have no idea what the law is.

Go Yinz Steelers

I hope Ben has a good year

Palamalu was better

Bradshaw was better

Im glad we aren’t being political.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This seems contradictory?

13. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    You don't go to a football game, or watch one on TV to hear the anthem either. Just saying. You can flip that argument however you want.

The NFL didn't play the anthem until after 9/11 and it wasn't an altruistic change.

To this day - short of protests, you don't see the anthem on the broadcast unless it's the season opener on Thursday night, a thanksgiving game, championship game, or super bowl. Studio shows override it most of the time. They get you out to your game for kickoff.

If they just went back to pre 2001 pre-game and didn't have it, would they still protest?

Not that many likely watch European soccer, but, when all the protests started, they showed solidarity not by protesting during anthems (they weren't american anthems anyhow), but they stopped before kickoff and knelt for a minute. I'd imagine if fans were in the stands it would have been accompanied by asking them for a moment of silence as well.

There are options out there...that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually I do go to the games and I make sure I am out for the national anthem. I sing it poorly, I take off my hat, I put my hand on my heart. And I do it with tens of thousands of my closest friends. I love and respect my country.

Just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Getting people's attention is a big part of protesting. It is very clear that kneeling during the anthem will get people's attention. They also know it will piss some people off. That is what John Lewis called getting in the good kind of trouble.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Most of the people taking a knee love and respect their country, too. John Lewis loved and respected his country, but he was also willing to speak up when he saw that something was wrong, so much so that it got him arrested many times.

I say this as a man who always stands with my hand over my heart for the national anthem. If I have a hat on, I remove it. I also cringe as I notice people around me refusing to respect the anthem who aren't taking a stand. They are just being self-absorbed jackasses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    On a side not, the gentleman who sits next to me at Steeler games is Canadian. He stands for our our national anthem as all of us would do if in Canada. I said to him once that I liked the Canadian National anthem. It’s a pretty song. He abruptly said, “no yours is better. Ours says god save us. Yours says let’s save ourselves”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Are The Rockettes still a thing?

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If they really wanted to get people's attention, they'd take a knee on first down.:sneak:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You bet your sweet bippy

R&M 1967

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Get their attention to pass the hot potato is what I see.

Governments are an entity, they don't care.

"Come on people, from victims to victors."
    A very interesting read for all interested in making a change.

Players need to be more invested in their cause to expect others to jump on the bandwagon. My guess is that Tuitt's grandmother stood for the flag in a much more troubling time. She did make a change without the charade.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  24. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    What does that mean, though, that you no longer support social justice because you disagree with the way some people have gone about seeking it?

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Currently, yes. Look around...:facepalm:

Not the way to effect change, it's been proven time & time again. What change did Kaepernick bring about by sitting/kneeling?
    Maybe if the kneeling players get blackballed out of the NFL then they can reevaluate on what change they can accomplish, Kaepernick did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.