1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First Steeler to test positive for Covid

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Add JW and Samuels to the list.

Also, 8 cuts: quarterback J.T. Barrett, running back Ralph Webb, wide receiver Quadree Henderson, offensive lineman Christian Montano, linebackers Christian Kuntz and Dewayne Hendrix, safety Tyree Kinnel and defensive end Josiah Coatney.

That gets them down to the required 80.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Washington?

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Baseball went into this thing so half-assed. The MLBPA is so powerful that it is laughable to listen to Rob Manfred warning players to get in line or else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's MOOPS!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We have 3 sports going. Baseball is getting hit. If they all bite dirt no NFL season which is fine but as much as it sucks... I'm more into can my kids go back ****ing to school? Politics!!!

7. ToomsHugsNuts

ToomsHugsNuts Member

Jul 31, 2020
    Jimmy Johnson (NASCAR) tested positive and only missed one week.

Multiple PGA Tour players have tested positive and have come back in 1 to 3 weeks depending on the player.

In most all cases there were subsequent negative tests (multiple)….

….that they tested negative so soon after the positive raises lots of questions about the veracity of the original positive tests.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm just grateful my Grandchildren are home schooled. The numbers of deaths are staggering. It effects all people differently. Russian roulette. Its not political, its a pandemic.

Letting these players do what ever they want to do will be the undoing. Baseball will be cancelled, which is no loss as far as i'm concerned.

The coach of the Eagles has it now. We have seen players backing out forgoing the season. We have seen our own players getting it. So here we are. I still feel the season will be cancelled. But that's just me. They will give it a go but then it will be shutdown.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yes, this is serious...and real. I wish I didn't have to preface my comments with that, but for crying out loud. Dramatic much?

This virus attacks the lungs and can scar them if not caught and treated very early on. And it doesn't care whether you're healthy or not. That's not good. In fact, it's one of the scariest things about it. But if caught and treated early on, the scarring is minimal, if non-existent.

Beyond that, these athletes are being reported as positive for simply being in contact with an infected person. That's the way to approach it, for certain. But that means in less than 10% (if the national average means anything) of the players will actually have contracted it. And either way, it's 5-14 days in quarantine. Hardly enough to start looking for a replacement. We just need to calm down a little bit. It's fine to be vigilant and take this seriously, but running around like chicken little screaming the sky is falling is ridiculous.

Johns Hopkins offers the following. Looks like it's more under control than the media would like us to believe.

newplot.png

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    7% +/- is not “under control”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Here in Connecticut we have been consistently under 0.8% for a while now. Today’s report was 247 cases out of 38,309 tests. Even with that stat, it’s not under control enough to go back to full business as usual.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Out here in Hooterville where I live the yahoo’s don’t wear masks. Apparently some constitutional right or conspiracy thing. We also have the highest rate for positive tests in the state. Nope, no correlation here.